Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

House selling in the UK and silly offers

House selling in the UK and silly offers

Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:49 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House selling in the UK and silly offers

Originally Posted by Prudi
Where`s that if that`s not being too nosy? Feel free to tell me to mind my own business!
YHPM
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:50 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
YHPM
Me have pm too?! ME ME ME! lol
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:57 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Me have pm too?! ME ME ME! lol
Jen, do you drink a lot of coffee?

You have more energy than a Duracell rabbit

Cooler
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:05 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Jen, do you drink a lot of coffee?

You have more energy than a Duracell rabbit

Cooler
Rabbit, RABBIT? Who said Rabbit! No I'm just on a little high cos of my free dress I got today, WOO HOO lol
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Oooh, my first PM!
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:13 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Oooh, my first PM!
...and what a great let down that it's only from Cooler, things will get better...I promise lol
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:21 am
Capt Hilts

...and what a great let down that it's only from Cooler, things will get better...I promise lol
Coffee?

Remember I'll (we'll) probably be meeting in a few weeks as it's not far from OH relatives. Remember to have some work for the kids and a song - they like that

Cooler
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:27 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Coffee?

Remember I'll (we'll) probably be meeting in a few weeks as it's not far from OH relatives. Remember to have some work for the kids and a song - they like that

Cooler
Well get ur tickets booked then, let me know when ur due over and I'll make sure I'm working lol
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:29 am
Capt Hilts

Well get ur tickets booked then, let me know when ur due over and I'll make sure I'm working lol
Po po?

Cooler
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:31 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Po po?

Cooler
Yo Yo Yo!!! lol
Old Jul 7th 2009, 1:02 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Two men contracted to paint a small community church. Being very frugal, they pinched and scraped to spend the absolute minimum on materials. Then, when they were only partway through the job, they determined that they did not, after all, have enough paint to complete thejob.
Not wishing to spend any more money if they didn't absolutely have to,they decided they would just dilute the water-based paint they were using so that it would last longer.
They did this a couple more times before theyfinished, which caused striping on the church as the paint got lighter each time it was thinned. The painters had just about gotten to the top of thesteeple, when, all of a sudden, the sky darkened, and the rain started topour down. As the paint streamed down the sides of the church, a voiceboomed from the heavens: "Repaint, you thinners! Repaint, and thin no more!"

Cooler
What a thuper story!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:20 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

We had an offer on the house today. £25k less than our asking price. That is way under what we are prepared to accept. With the house only on the market for less than 2 weeks (and no visa) I think we can hold out for a better offer.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulry
We had an offer on the house today. £25k less than our asking price.
That`s not good. On the other hand, my estate agent has told me to expect to get up to £20k less than the asking price (when it`s finally on the market...). Maybe his window prices are grossly over-inflated...
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:55 am
Banned

That`s not good. On the other hand, my estate agent has told me to expect to get up to £20k less than the asking price (when it`s finally on the market...). Maybe his window prices are grossly over-inflated...
Possibly. But be careful because your estate agent might be grooming you to easily accept lower offers. Here will give you a guide of the prices that the properties in your area have sold for.

It's early days yet on my house and my estate agent didn't even entertain the offer, telling me that I can get much more. At this stage (and in the right circumstances, such as first time buyer with a mortgage guarantee) I would be prepared to consider dropping a maximum of £10k. I have one of the larger houses in my area that are selling for around my price range so hopefully more acceptable offers will follow soon.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

I would say thanks for the link, but it makes depressing reading! I`ll say thanks for the *interesting* link! Of the 18 streets there, two of the average prices are above what the EA is telling me to expect. Yeah, I know that they are averages over time, and the price depends on a lot of different factors, but some of those prices are half what I was expecting!

You could be right about the `grooming`! He gets paid the same amount when it sells, regardless of what it sells for...

All the best for getting a decent offer on yours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.