Wikiposts

Happiness

Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happiness

Originally Posted by soapy©
do you two wanna get a room
A therapist maybe!
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
To my Wingman, if he ever logs back in to read it - we both now know I owe you an apology in regard to that post, mon ami, and I think it needs to be a public one. Wrong time, wrong place, wrong wording, whatever, a blip in life's rich tapestry. Sorry
Why apologise Poll?
He made you unhappy, posted some absolute shite on BE including his little hissy fit & tantrummed off like the baby he clearly is!
Have some frickin backbone & self-respect woman!
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
A true friend wouldn't need an apology, they would understand what caused the comments in the first place. However I guess if you are a true friend you would feel you have to apologise
Got it spot on Pen
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:56 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Why apologise Poll?
He made you unhappy, posted some absolute shite on BE including his little hissy fit & tantrummed off like the baby he clearly is!
Its the backbone that is making me apologise. He really does deserve it, trust me.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Its the backbone that is making me apologise. He really does deserve it, trust me.
If you say so Poll!
Personally, I don't think his conduct on the forum on Saturday was very nice at all & that was public!
But we should agree to disagree my friend!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 12:10 am
Home and Happy

If you say so Poll!
Personally, I don't think his conduct on the forum on Saturday was very nice at all & that was public!
But we should agree to disagree my friend!
I can't put the full story on here, so you'll have to take my word for it but I agree, Saturday was public, hence the apology is too
Old Dec 21st 2009, 12:11 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
For my granda happiness was hiding in his shed sitting on an old box lighting up his woodbines. As my gran hated smoking and used to give him a hard time lol.

I was speaking to an old lady recently who at 90 has the startings of demantia, and for her happiness is remembering her childhood and young life when she was able to do as she pleased. Now she is happy to hear of 'young people' having an adventure.

I asked my 7 year old what makes him happy and he simply said, having a mam and dad who love him despite him not being perfect.
Mandy
All so different - thats what makes it such a strange emotion to define, because it really is SO different for everyone
Old Dec 21st 2009, 12:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can't put the full story on here, so you'll have to take my word for it but I agree, Saturday was public, hence the apology is too
Well, that is a two way street, so if he is any kind of decent man, he'll be up next!

I won't be holding my breath!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 6:24 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Alcohol and Nurofen are quite a good mix
i dont even take drugs, but im sure pauline slips me a few in my tea
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:16 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Why apologise Poll?
Jeez,, what did I miss?

Bernie's your 'wingman'.... ??? Perhaps there's the root of the problem, Poll.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:31 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I don't think anyone is happy all of the time. It's not possible
As you say - people aren't happy all the time. If happiness and sadness are at each end of a sliding scale, then everyone will be somewhere in between, and constantly moving backwards and forwards.

Everyone is striving to get to the happy end of the scale, but most people don't know how. In my opinion, the key to being happy is in recognizing that you don't need to set a goal or an objective in life. You don't need to have a path to discover, or an achievement to strive for.

It is the simple things that make us happy. Having a warm safe house to live in. Eating nice foods (or even, simply eating enough food to stave off hunger). Having good friends to laugh with and confide in.

I would suggest that most people who feel "contented" but not "happy" simply need to think about the three things above, and also, recognize that they can't be happy 100% of the time, they are on the same sliding scale as the rest of us.

There are always going to be exceptions to the rule.... in rare cases you will find people who are perfectly happy leading their lives in solitude, or people homeless people who are perfectly happy to sleep on the streets. But these are rare exceptions.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by asprilla
As you say - people aren't happy all the time. If happiness and sadness are at each end of a sliding scale, then everyone will be somewhere in between, and constantly moving backwards and forwards.

Everyone is striving to get to the happy end of the scale, but most people don't know how. In my opinion, the key to being happy is in recognizing that you don't need to set a goal or an objective in life. You don't need to have a path to discover, or an achievement to strive for.

It is the simple things that make us happy. Having a warm safe house to live in. Eating nice foods (or even, simply eating enough food to stave off hunger). Having good friends to laugh with and confide in.

I would suggest that most people who feel "contented" but not "happy" simply need to think about the three things above, and also, recognize that they can't be happy 100% of the time, they are on the same sliding scale as the rest of us.

There are always going to be exceptions to the rule.... in rare cases you will find people who are perfectly happy leading their lives in solitude, or people homeless people who are perfectly happy to sleep on the streets. But these are rare exceptions.
'Everyone is striving to get to the happy end of the scale'

Are they? Everyone?

I can't see it somehow.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

'Everyone is striving to get to the happy end of the scale'

Are they? Everyone?

I can't see it somehow.
Oh yes . . . absolutely
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:49 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see it somehow.
I don't believe that is really true. I reckon you are trying to fill your life with more happy moments* than sad ones. I know I am. So is practically everyone else on this planet.

* not this kind of Happy Moment, which can be found around SE Qld and can be, lets just say, a little painful to handle.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by spartacus
Oh yes . . . absolutely
I don't think so. I think you'll find that some people don't give their happiness a second thought most of the time, never mind 'striving'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.