Good book

Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good book

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Well Dreamy, turns out you were right. Anne Rice IS up her own arse. Just struggled the whole way thru Memnoch the Devil in the Vampire Chronicles. It's crap, all spiritual pish.
I remember trying a couple of Anne Rice books years ago, could never get into them though. I hate abandoning books halfway through but I did with those.

I'm on this one now, Kissing the Hag: The Dark Goddess and the Unacceptable Nature of Women , different spiritual stuff! and a new copy of the Astrology of Fate by Liz Greene after my old one fell apart through over-use. My credit card suffered a bit in the astrology shops in Covent Garden last week

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 12th 2012 at 12:40 am.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 2:07 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I remember trying a couple of Anne Rice books years ago, could never get into them though. I hate abandoning books halfway through but I did with those.

I'm on this one now, Kissing the Hag: The Dark Goddess and the Unacceptable Nature of Women , different spiritual stuff! and a new copy of the Astrology of Fate by Liz Greene after my old one fell apart through over-use. My credit card suffered a bit in the astrology shops in Covent Garden last week
What you like.

You better start saving for one of those caldron style giant jewellery boxes.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 2:42 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

They saw you coming
Old Apr 12th 2012, 2:45 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
They saw you coming
But..............................ah never mind.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 3:54 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
What you like.

You better start saving for one of those caldron style giant jewellery boxes.
those are just fabulous, I'd love one!

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
They saw you coming
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of

crumbs - 10 month old so barely able to stay awake for telly never mind read managed to do Terry Pratchett - Snuff a few weeks ago but that's only cos I can get through him in a couple of hours; started a PG Wodehouse omnibus straight afterwards but only got through a couple of tales so far!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:10 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by abi31
crumbs - 10 month old so barely able to stay awake for telly never mind read managed to do Terry Pratchett - Snuff a few weeks ago but that's only cos I can get through him in a couple of hours; started a PG Wodehouse omnibus straight afterwards but only got through a couple of tales so far!
Love Pratchett but there are so many I've always got a heap stacked up to read. I'm re-reading Wyrd Sisters at present though in between other things, always a favourite that one
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of

Love Pratchett but there are so many I've always got a heap stacked up to read. I'm re-reading Wyrd Sisters at present though in between other things, always a favourite that one
Yeah big fan of Granny! Always between her and Vimes for me. It's the take no-sh*t attitudes
Old May 20th 2012, 11:22 pm

Just picked up Dean Koontz's Frankenstein. Will be making a start in a couple of days.
Old May 20th 2012, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Coming to the end of my fourth Ann Rule in a row... Going to be a bit lost after this one....
Old May 21st 2012, 12:13 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Here on my own and I've succumbed to books and quilting once again!

Just finished the hunger games trilogy... brilliant!

The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff, all about mormon polygamy, a mix of historical novel and modern murder mystery, well written and interesting.

I'd recommend Wolfe Hall by Hilary Mantel. Really good, a fascinating incite into the reign of Henry VIII. I didn't study history so it was an eye opener and sent me looking for 'proper' history books on the subject!

Also started on 50 shades of grey... bit raunchy for my tastes!

EDIT: Almost forgot the Deborah Harkness book A discovery of Witches.... it's the first of a trilogy the second of which is to be released on 10th July. If you like a bit of twilight, you will Love this! It's set in Oxford at the university, and is exciting and kept me awake most of one night!!

Hungrily reading through the thread for inspiration for my next Kindle purchase!!

Last edited by alipally; May 21st 2012 at 12:34 am. Reason: additions!
Old May 21st 2012, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Just reading "the take " by Martina cole , hooked already , my sister has read them all & raves about the books !!
cant wait to read all the others !

Nicky
Old May 21st 2012, 2:07 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 21st 2012, 9:45 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I've just read Robin Hobb's LiveShip Trader trilogy (Ship of Magic, Mad Ship and Ship of Destiny) - they were absolutely excellent! One thing though was that I didn't realise that they were set between two of her other trilogies, The Farseer and Tawny Man, it didn't have a huge impact as they were set in another part of that world but there were some cross overs that would have been better read in the right order.

I've started George R R Martin's Dance with Dragons now but although I'm loving the series of books, I'm not in the mood for such a big book, I've too much else going on at the moment. I need to find a light cheerful read. I might switch to Janet Evanovich (courtesy of our lovely Dreamy ).
Old May 21st 2012, 11:40 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Just reading "the take " by Martina cole , hooked already , my sister has read them all & raves about the books !!
cant wait to read all the others !

Nicky
Let's ave it you ::insert extremely rude word ::

Himself loves Martina Cole (I think I've posted that already in this thread) but her books do leave him wandering around for a few days repeating the above

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.