Good book

Old Sep 16th 2011, 8:59 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good book

Am currently reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo. Good so far...

Just finished Sugar and Spice by Saffina Desforges. Blimey, it's quite a read! Very good but very disturbing. I imagine especially so if you've got kids...

I'm in a real reading phase at the moment, I definitely go through phases with reading heaps and heaps and then not for a while. Love crime thrillers. Can't put my e-book reader thingy down ATM!
Old Sep 16th 2011, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Am currently reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo. Good so far...

Just finished Sugar and Spice by Saffina Desforges. Blimey, it's quite a read! Very good but very disturbing. I imagine especially so if you've got kids...

I'm in a real reading phase at the moment, I definitely go through phases with reading heaps and heaps and then not for a while. Love crime thrillers. Can't put my e-book reader thingy down ATM!
Dont talk to me about Kindles. The grey nomads killed mine durin their validation trip
Old Sep 16th 2011, 9:53 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Got the last 10 pages of Fern Britton's autobiography, then plan on starting Shaun Hutson's Renegades.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 9:42 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm ploughing my way through the Sookie Stackhouse books (the ones that True Blood is vaguely based on) by Charlaine Harris. Think I'm up to Book 8 now in just over a week.. really enjoying them!

They're not going to challenge the world in the intellectual stakes but they're a damn fine read. One disadvantage is that, when I'm not talking like English is my second language, I've developed a Louisiana drawl (although that is more from watching True Blood, to be fair)
Old Sep 17th 2011, 10:18 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I'm reading Jasper Fforde's Shades of Grey at the moment. I'm not enjoying it as much as the Thursday Next books or the Nursery Crimes ones but I'm led to believe that this book is really a scene setter for the series so I'll go along with that. It's still a good read just not as immediately engaging.

I might trawl the charity shops and get another Janet Evanovich next as I feel like a quick easy read and her first book only lasted only a few hours so more than fitted the bill
Old Oct 12th 2011, 7:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Dont talk to me about Kindles. The grey nomads killed mine durin their validation trip
Is not not something Amazon can fix? Might be worth contacting them....
Old Oct 12th 2011, 7:11 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Rosie swales pope ' a little run round the world',what a book what a woman, a true warrior,someone in life i would truely love to meet
Absolutely brilliant book; recommend that to anyone. Her sheer perseverance against all the odds. She really did run right round the world - including through Siberia and Alaska. Very inspiring and humbling.

Very strange collection now on the go - nearly finished Philippa Gregory's White Queen, which is about the days of the Wars of the Roses, and which is being balanced by a pile of psychological astrology textbooks after I finally got to visit a couple of amazing bookshops in Covent Garden and How to Stop Being Your Own Worst Enemy which I thought would be psychobabble claptrap when it was recommended to me, but is actually quite thought-provoking!
Old Oct 12th 2011, 9:23 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I finished Jasper Fforde's Shades of Grey a while ago and in the end I really enjoyed it. Someone said to me that they felt that it was a scene setter for the rest of the series which actually made sense. The world in the book is quite bizarre and needed a fair bit of explanation so that is probably why it was a bit slow to get going. Don't get me wrong, it's written with all the charm of all his books and is a good read, but the story only really gets underway and picks up pace towards the end. It left me really looking forward to the next book!

I'm still in the mood for quirky humour so I'm reading Jonathan L Howard's "Johannes Cabal the Necromancer". Enjoyable read, even if it is all about doing a deal with the devil
Old Oct 12th 2011, 9:24 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
I finished Jasper Fforde's Shades of Grey a while ago and in the end I really enjoyed it. Someone said to me that they felt that it was a scene setter for the rest of the series which actually made sense. The world in the book is quite bizarre and needed a fair bit of explanation so that is probably why it was a bit slow to get going. Don't get me wrong, it's written with all the charm of all his books and is a good read, but the story only really gets underway and picks up pace towards the end. It left me really looking forward to the next book!

I'm still in the mood for quirky humour so I'm reading Jonathan L Howard's "Johannes Cabal the Necromancer". Enjoyable read, even if it is all about doing a deal with the devil
Might have to try that one - sounds like my sort of thing
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Sin Bin ! the untold story of a true footy bad boy.

By John Elias with Josh Massoud....

No interest in aussie rugby league, have NO IDEA why I picked it up...other than it was $2 at the garage sale and a relatively new book (2010)

Never heard of him... But it was a bloody good read none the less....

Appeared to show an insightful and honest version of the events in his life... Made few apologies...

Wonder what he's up to right now....
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:42 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really into Shaun Hutson right now, can't put his books down.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have Also just finished "the street 2, more confessions of an undercover cop"
Lachlan mcculloch

I Like to get a balanced view of life in Australia
Old Nov 7th 2011, 5:32 pm
Home and Happy

Halfway through Brian Keenan's An Evil Cradling. Very chilling at times, amazing the reserves that some humans have to draw on to keep themselves sane in terrifying situations.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Halfway through Brian Keenan's An Evil Cradling. Very chilling at times, amazing the reserves that some humans have to draw on to keep themselves sane in terrifying situations.
An excellent book, by an excellent bloke....
Old Nov 7th 2011, 6:07 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by eddie007
An excellent book, by an excellent bloke....
Sure is. I've read John McCarthys book several times but could never get into Keenan's really till now..... now I can't put it down!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.