Good book

Old May 8th 2009, 1:01 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good book

Ok good books you've read recently,

Mines is Rose Madder/Stephen King

Oh and Nobody True/James Herbert

Last edited by scottishcelts; May 8th 2009 at 1:07 am.
Old May 8th 2009, 3:23 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Good book

Arr the book club is here then

Best one i have ever read

Dougie
Old May 8th 2009, 4:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Ok good books you've read recently,

Mines is Rose Madder/Stephen King

Oh and Nobody True/James Herbert
Earthly Joys by Philippa Gregory - the reign of James I and Charles I, through the eyes of a royal gardener. Fantastic book.
Thirteenth Tale - Daine Setterfield, spooky and mysterious, very addictive.
And my old favourite, always good for a re-read, Potato Factory by Bryce Courtenay - the story of the real life Fagin (as in Oliver) and how he was transported to Hobart.
Old May 8th 2009, 4:44 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Flowers in the Attic by Virginia Andrews - I have read it before but it is a very good book to read again.

I am on the lookout for something good to read, the first page has to draw me in and so does the summary.
Old May 8th 2009, 4:51 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Flowers in the Attic by Virginia Andrews - I have read it before but it is a very good book to read again.

I am on the lookout for something good to read, the first page has to draw me in and so does the summary.
I love that book, enthralls me again every time I read it, also the rest of that series - Petals on the Wind, If There Be Thorns, Seeds of Yesterday, and Garden of Shadows.
Fantastic series, however many times you read them
Old May 8th 2009, 4:55 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I love that book, enthralls me again every time I read it, also the rest of that series - Petals on the Wind, If There Be Thorns, Seeds of Yesterday, and Garden of Shadows.
I have the whole set - sometimes the plot keeps unravelling to odd proportions and the story changes - almost as though Virginia had several different ideas to throw in the pot when she wrote it.

Im going to start the 2nd book tomorrow - well I say start, I have read them before.

Very sad - I saw the film and it didnt even match the book at all.
Old May 8th 2009, 5:01 am
Home and Happy

I have the whole set - sometimes the plot keeps unravelling to odd proportions and the story changes - almost as though Virginia had several different ideas to throw in the pot when she wrote it.

Im going to start the 2nd book tomorrow - well I say start, I have read them before.

Very sad - I saw the film and it didnt even match the book at all.
The film was a real let-down wasn't it. Didn't portray the atmosphere at all.
I remember reading the original three books first at college, 25 years ago and I couldn't put them down - hooked, completely!
Old May 8th 2009, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

Anything by Mike Gayle and NOT!!!! The time travellers wife.........don't know what all the fuss was about
Old May 8th 2009, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

carlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant future

Anybody know any Aussie authors worth reading.

I have been in the library and trying to find modern Aussie authors, especially those that write stories based 'locally' or in Aus.

Mostly they seem to be crime fiction and include Shane Maloney, Peter Corris, Chris Nyst, Gary Disher. Areas include Melbourne, Mornington, Sydney. In addition there is Judy Nunn who writes bigger blockbuster style books based around Aus.

I am getting near to the end of what is available. We can use any of the 'city' libraries ie whitehorse area in Melbourne.

I would prefer modern novels.
Old May 8th 2009, 10:37 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Mao's last dancer. X
Old May 8th 2009, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Am currently in the middle of "Allen Carr's Easy Way to Give Up Smoking"

Apparently you don't want to smoke after you have finished the book, and i have until friday to give up before we fly to validate!!

Finger's Crossed....

Got the patches as a back up plan.
Old May 8th 2009, 11:47 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

My mum is a huge fan of all of these books too!
Old May 8th 2009, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

The Time Traveller's Wife is absolutely brilliant. I've just read a good one by
Douglas Kennedy called, Leaving the World and I'm now reading Stone's Fall, by Iain Pears, which is intriguing.
Old May 8th 2009, 3:28 pm

The film was a real let-down wasn't it. Didn't portray the atmosphere at all.
I remember reading the original three books first at college, 25 years ago and I couldn't put them down - hooked, completely!
I know what I meant to ask you, have you still got your chipmunks and that little one I sent to you from London?

I loved your website with all your piccies on it
Old May 8th 2009, 4:33 pm
Home and Happy

I know what I meant to ask you, have you still got your chipmunks and that little one I sent to you from London?

I loved your website with all your piccies on it
Yep, all still going strong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.