Good book

Old Sep 6th 2009, 7:09 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good book

Originally Posted by herrchook
I'm reading The Magic Faraway Tree to my eldest just now. The language is beautiful, so magical
It's great when you get to revisit books from your childhood and share them with your own children. My daughter loves "Where The Wild Things Are" as much as I did - reading the story now, I'm not sure what the appeal is as there isn't much to it - it must be the pictures that sparked my imagination!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 2:08 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Am currently reading Lucifer's Hammer by Larry Niven and have Octavia E Butlers Lilith's Brood & The Child Thief by Brom sitting with spines uncracked
Update: Lucifers Hammer 5/10 - bit dated and first half of book waaayyy too long. Lilith's Brood on the other hand is fab if you like sci-fi - having a hard time putting it down. Was up until 12.30 last night - way past my bedtime!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 11:04 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Reading Stephen King right now - Just After Sunset (short stories)

ALready have my next book lined up - Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. Can't wait.

Old Dec 21st 2009, 11:10 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Just finished 'The Brightest Star in the Sky', Marian Keyes. Really liked it but not as much as the others (but could be that her others were so good, it's not that this one is bad if that makes sense!).
Old Dec 21st 2009, 12:18 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster
Just finished 'The Brightest Star in the Sky', Marian Keyes. Really liked it but not as much as the others (but could be that her others were so good, it's not that this one is bad if that makes sense!).
Yeah I get that with certain authors too Peeps.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 7:21 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster
Yeah - I was disappointed with that one, it was almost like she felt she had to bung a book out and that was it.

Just finished reading Under The Dome by Stephen King - was a lovely surprise to see it cos I didn't know he had one out... and I didn't want it to end!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paulry
Also, over the years I've read most of the Wilbur Smith collections. The most recent series from this author being the one starting with "The Burning Shore". I bought it at Heathrow departures a few years back and enjoyed it so much that I couldn't stop until I'd finished the whole series. I remember searching around Singapore for the each installment
Tony Park has been described as an Aussie cross between Wilbur Smith and Tom Clancy. I've lapped up each one he has put out to date and consider him as being the next Wilbur Smith with a more contemporary context:

http://www.tonypark.net/
Old Dec 21st 2009, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of

I used to love reading 'The Borrowers' as a kid. My sister used to hide it and sneak upstairs to read it herself.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:22 pm

Half way through James Herbert's The Secret of Crickley Hall, and it's brilliant
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Round Irelajnd with a Fridge by Tony Hawks - if the rest of the book is as good as the first couple of chapters I shall laugh the whole way through it. I mean, wy on earth would anyone want to hitch-hike round Ireland - with a fridge
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Round Irelajnd with a Fridge by Tony Hawks - if the rest of the book is as good as the first couple of chapters I shall laugh the whole way through it. I mean, wy on earth would anyone want to hitch-hike round Ireland - with a fridge

Obviously for the beer
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

Obviously for the beer
Its not plugged in though, so you can't even use it to keep the beer cold
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:38 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I am reading Stephen Kings Just Before Sunset... short stories.. they are quite excellent..

Em x

PS I am not a huge short stories fan... however, these ones are really well written and draw you in after a couple of sentences!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by emelems
I am reading Stephen Kings Just Before Sunset... short stories.. they are quite excellent..

Em x

PS I am not a huge short stories fan... however, these ones are really well written and draw you in after a couple of sentences!
I just read that before this one, I loved them all, it's brill
Old Feb 12th 2010, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I love it.. haven't read it all yet... I quite like just dipping into the stories and then reading something else..

On a different level, I have just bought Back to Eden by Jethro Kloss... its a very old book (re-published) and for those who would like to look at alternative ways of addressing health issues and healthy living etc...

I have also just bought Don't sweat the small stuff (for women)... when life becomes a bit too much I read a chapter..

Em x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.