Good book

Old Nov 10th 2011, 10:02 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good book

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Very deadly, Truly chilling book I have to say, must have been a scary country to be in
Only for the enemy
Old Nov 10th 2011, 10:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Only for the enemy
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:54 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Well I haven't managed to find the book yet
A little taster:

How old are you?
Well, Grandma Baa is a LOT older than THAT.
A very old sheep indeed.
She's lived on Easy Peasy Island for so long , she can't remember how long.
Years and years and years!
In Comfortable Cottage.
Attached Thumbnails Good book-baa.jpg  
Old Nov 29th 2011, 11:33 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having a lovely day so far. We bought a new bookcase the other day and it was delivered today. It's mahoooooosive! It just about fits my books that I have here, I haven't mentioned to my husband the boxloads back in the UK yet Fortunately, as I'm now starting to be a kindle convert, we won't get swamped in too many more books - I'll just finish the series I've started in real book, and perhaps favourite authors. I'm not sure yet! I LOVE MY BOOKCASE - whoop whooop!!!

On the reading front, in real books I've just started Gail Carriger's Soulless which seems quite quirky and I think I will enjoy it and on the kindle, I'm reading Kate Fox's "Watching the English: The Hidden Rules of English Behaviour".
Old Nov 29th 2011, 5:00 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still reading away at Shaun Hutson books. Luv him.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 5:08 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having a lovely day so far. We bought a new bookcase the other day and it was delivered today. It's mahoooooosive! It just about fits my books that I have here, I haven't mentioned to my husband the boxloads back in the UK yet Fortunately, as I'm now starting to be a kindle convert, we won't get swamped in too many more books - I'll just finish the series I've started in real book, and perhaps favourite authors. I'm not sure yet! I LOVE MY BOOKCASE - whoop whooop!!!

On the reading front, in real books I've just started Gail Carriger's Soulless which seems quite quirky and I think I will enjoy it and on the kindle, I'm reading Kate Fox's "Watching the English: The Hidden Rules of English Behaviour".
Its a good bookcase then? .

Read the Kate Fox book a while ago - fascinating, just like people-watching, very addictive and gives you some real insights into people and how/why they act as they do
Old Nov 29th 2011, 10:01 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its a good bookcase then? .

Read the Kate Fox book a while ago - fascinating, just like people-watching, very addictive and gives you some real insights into people and how/why they act as they do
You found the subtle message in my post then I'm still bookcase gazing

It might have been you that commented on the Kate Fox book otherwise I have no idea how it came to be on my list of books I wanted. It's all good so far!
Old Nov 29th 2011, 10:57 pm
Home and Happy

You found the subtle message in my post then I'm still bookcase gazing

It might have been you that commented on the Kate Fox book otherwise I have no idea how it came to be on my list of books I wanted. It's all good so far!
May have been, though its an unusual one for me to comment on.

Strange thing about bookcases - I love looking at other people's. You get a real insight into people by seeing what they read, and I find it odd when I go in a house and there are no books in sight

i just finished War Torn by Andy McNab (the SAS guy) Some of his are a bit trashy but this one is far more in depth; covers the lives of the families at home as well as the soldiers in Afghanistan, and shows the emotions on both sides of a separated family.

Also reading Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes, recommended by someone but I'm not sure it was on here. Scary book, takes you right into the mind of someone who is being followed and freaked out by another person........also an inside view of OCD which is so clearly written you feel you are there.
Very well written, its making the hairs stand up on the back of my neck and i am peering suspiciously at everyone on the train in the morning
Old Dec 27th 2011, 9:21 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. Fabulous.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 1:37 am
Feeble Minded

I've been reading loads. I'm up to Book 7 of the Stephanie Plum, Janet Evanovich series. I've read Soulless, Blameless and Heartless by Gail Carriger. They're vampire, werewolfy book, not normally my thing at all, but they are really quite funny although a tad rude at times Apparently they are steampunk books, which I'd never heard of as a genre til this week. I read two very enjoyable kid's books as my daughter (9) wanted to have someone to talk to about them, The Fire Within and IceFire by Chris d'Lacey. Having started off reading them for YoungSOB's sake, I've found myself looking forward to reading the next one, but I have to wait til she's finished it.

I'm now reading Revelation by CJ Sansom, the 4th Shardlake - it's as good as the rest so far, I'm really enjoying it.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 11:08 am

I've been reading loads. I'm up to Book 7 of the Stephanie Plum, Janet Evanovich series. I've read Soulless, Blameless and Heartless by Gail Carriger. They're vampire, werewolfy book, not normally my thing at all, but they are really quite funny although a tad rude at times Apparently they are steampunk books, which I'd never heard of as a genre til this week. I read two very enjoyable kid's books as my daughter (9) wanted to have someone to talk to about them, The Fire Within and IceFire by Chris d'Lacey. Having started off reading them for YoungSOB's sake, I've found myself looking forward to reading the next one, but I have to wait til she's finished it.

I'm now reading Revelation by CJ Sansom, the 4th Shardlake - it's as good as the rest so far, I'm really enjoying it.
News to me too.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 11:14 am
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
News to me too.
Personally i think it's just an artsy fartsy bullshit name for books that need not have a specific genre name of their own, but that's just my view.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

I read two very enjoyable kid's books as my daughter (9) wanted to have someone to talk to about them, The Fire Within and IceFire by Chris d'Lacey. Having started off reading them for YoungSOB's sake, I've found myself looking forward to reading the next one, but I have to wait til she's finished it.
Love that! I'm reading David Walliams book, The Billionaire Boy. It's very funny - ideal book for 10 yr old boys, lots of rude jokes, but not too rude!
Old Dec 29th 2011, 8:30 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I've been reading loads. I'm up to Book 7 of the Stephanie Plum, Janet Evanovich series.
I just thought this morning, I really should make sure you were getting on okay with them!!

I wrote about it on fb and completely forgot about this thread, but I read the new Stephen King book (can't be bothered to stand up and check the title, but its the one about JFK's assassination) several weeks ago. Oddly for me, I hadn't even particularly fancied this one based on the description, but I needed something to bump up an amazon order to had it.

Started reading it.. didn't want to put it down, didn't want it to end. Great book (if you like Stephen King!) I say its about JFK's assassination.. but it isn't really. Well, it is, but.. ah, read the book, you'll know what I mean
Old Dec 29th 2011, 8:34 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I just thought this morning, I really should make sure you were getting on okay with them!!

I wrote about it on fb and completely forgot about this thread, but I read the new Stephen King book (can't be bothered to stand up and check the title, but its the one about JFK's assassination) several weeks ago. Oddly for me, I hadn't even particularly fancied this one based on the description, but I needed something to bump up an amazon order to had it.

Started reading it.. didn't want to put it down, didn't want it to end. Great book (if you like Stephen King!) I say its about JFK's assassination.. but it isn't really. Well, it is, but.. ah, read the book, you'll know what I mean
Got that one for ROMFT for Christmas...hope to read it after him as the reviews have been good.

Currently reading The Time Traveller's Wife. Not normally my thing as I like crime books, but giving it a go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.