Good book

Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:18 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good book

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Finished it yesterday. Enjoyed it (but it is a bit complicated in places, it'll be interesting to see how they fit all that into a film!).

Will go and see the film on the weekend
Read them all. They are a good read but IMO didn't live up to all the hype.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 4:20 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Yeah I know what you mean (although I've only read the first one so far). I liked it but don't quite get what all the fuss is about tbh.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 4:54 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Yeah I know what you mean (although I've only read the first one so far). I liked it but don't quite get what all the fuss is about tbh.
It's because he karked it.

I got about half way through the first one and although I was sort of enjoying it, I did feel it was translated in a rather ponderous manner. It was a tad like reading Abba lyrics.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 5:48 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
It was a tad like reading Abba lyrics.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 6:25 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
It's because he karked it.

I got about half way through the first one and although I was sort of enjoying it, I did feel it was translated in a rather ponderous manner. It was a tad like reading Abba lyrics.
Yeah think you hit the nail on the head.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all

Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer.

It's a personal account of the Mt Everest disaster of 1996. If you like these type of books this is definitely worth a read. Quite controversial as there are several different accounts of what happened up there that day.

I give it a
Old Jan 20th 2012, 8:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaIan

It's a personal account of the Mt Everest disaster of 1996. If you like these type of books this is definitely worth a read. Quite controversial as there are several different accounts of what happened up there that day.

I give it a
Oh yes, that was a brilliant book, very inspiring and well written plenty of food for thought.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 1:08 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

I saw the film (Girl with Dragon Tattoo) on the weekend. I enjoyed it but it missed out a lot of things that were in the book, and changed quite a few things that were still in the film. It did feel like they raced through it a bit but I guess that's because the book is always going to be more detailed.

I was surprised it didn't feel like a really long film (because it really was long!) but that might be because we were in big comfy seats in Gold Glass

So I thought the film was alright but not amazing. Bit like the book I guess?! Starting the next book today
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 5:35 am

I'm now half way thru the 2nd book of the vampire chronicles - 'Vampire Lestat'.

It's fab. Loving it.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished the Hunger Games , Catching fire & Mocking jay by Suzanne Collins ! Excellent books. My 15 year daughter is obsessed with them & really looking forward to the movie in March !

Nicky
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaIan

I give it a
Originally Posted by Pollyana
Oh yes, that was a brilliant book, very inspiring and well written plenty of food for thought.
I read "The Climb' a few years back which tells the other side, by the Russian guide who represented the other major team on the mountain. He died himself the year after it was published.

I also had occasion to look up Jon's book last week!
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

lenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dougie
Arr the book club is here then

Best one i have ever read

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...untitled-1.jpg

Dougie
he beat up my sister in law, cant believe he has a book out but she is a pain in the arse. Maybe will borrow
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by lenehan101
he beat up my sister in law, cant believe he has a book out but she is a pain in the arse. Maybe will borrow
Old Feb 7th 2012, 11:31 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

'Walking the Amazon' Ed stafford
Old Feb 7th 2012, 11:34 am

Finished The Vampire Lestat, now onto Queen of the Damned! yippee.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.