Good book

Old Jan 7th 2012, 9:06 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good book

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

I remember when Irvine Welsh brought out 'Filth', there was an outcry from the police (in Scotland anyway) because of the pic on the front of the book.

http://thedabbler.co.uk/wp-content/u...elsh-filth.jpg
Old Jan 7th 2012, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

My sister has brought out her second book in her series Homequest. It is called Decimation and is a good read for teens. (Available on Amazon or the Book Depository- author Jane Browning.)
I'm amazed she had time to do it, what with looking after my dad for the last 5 months of his life.
It is science fantasy novel.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 4:43 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Old Jan 8th 2012, 6:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm back into the Anne MacCaffrey Dragon books at the moment - re-read a couple of the originals, and now on some of the newer ones, starting with Dragonheart that she wrote with her son Todd. I love the whole idea of the complete fantasy world she created around the dragons, its fabulous even after not reading about it for so many years
Old Jan 8th 2012, 6:03 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm back into the Anne MacCaffrey Dragon books at the moment - re-read a couple of the originals, and now on some of the newer ones, starting with Dragonheart that she wrote with her son Todd. I love the whole idea of the complete fantasy world she created around the dragons, its fabulous even after not reading about it for so many years
She should write one on you and yer puppets
Old Jan 8th 2012, 6:05 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
She should write one on you and yer puppets
What a brilliant idea

I have written some of my own stuff about them, a few years back, but its only short stuff, nothing on her scale! I'll email it to you if you want.....might be useful if you ever have insomnia?
Old Jan 8th 2012, 6:12 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

What a brilliant idea

I have written some of my own stuff about them, a few years back, but its only short stuff, nothing on her scale! I'll email it to you if you want.....might be useful if you ever have insomnia?
Old Jan 8th 2012, 6:13 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernieboy

No insomnia is that bad eh?
Old Jan 8th 2012, 12:13 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

No insomnia is that bad eh?
Insomnia - not a bad book at all. Stephen King if my memory serves me right.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 12:29 pm
Home and Happy

Insomnia - not a bad book at all. Stephen King if my memory serves me right.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:05 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I remember when Irvine Welsh brought out 'Filth', there was an outcry from the police (in Scotland anyway) because of the pic on the front of the book.

http://thedabbler.co.uk/wp-content/u...elsh-filth.jpg
lol.. I really like Irvine Welsh.. the only problem is I have to read it out loud so I can understand it
Old Jan 8th 2012, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by Dreamy
lol.. I really like Irvine Welsh.. the only problem is I have to read it out loud so I can understand it
I struggle with some of it too - all that east coast twang is somewhat confusing for us westerners.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 7:43 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to start The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (because I want to see the new film and want to have read the book first!)
Old Jan 17th 2012, 7:11 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I'm going to start The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (because I want to see the new film and want to have read the book first!)
Finished it yesterday. Enjoyed it (but it is a bit complicated in places, it'll be interesting to see how they fit all that into a film!).

Will go and see the film on the weekend
Old Jan 20th 2012, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Am off to rottnest today... Have a bag full of books to read... I'm starting the "the slap".... Treated myself to it from amazon uk followed by the ragged entrepunure or is it philanthropist? (????????) some one on here said it was a good read.... Plus about a dozen or so chick flick/ arga sagas that are all the same theme... Single girl finds bloke bridget jones and fat pants....

Will report back next week!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.