Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The first mistake in the bible!

The first mistake in the bible!

Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:18 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The first mistake in the bible!

Originally Posted by Poppett44
A Jehovahs witness once told me that dinosaurs were put on the earth by God to poo all over it and make it fertile for when he invented humans, when they had done the job he wiped them out
The problem I have when a nutter says something like this, is how the heck to they know that? It doesn't mention the dinosaurs in the book so how would a jehovah know that's what god did?

My bible has a 100 day reading plan in it to help you along, but it's only got about 1400 pages, if it took me that long to read that many pages, it can't be a very gripping read.

And how come the world is full of missionaries and priests etc all trying to convert the unbelievers, yet the atheists don't have a simular program to try and unconvert the converted. Seems all a bit one sided to me.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
The problem I have when a nutter says something like this, is how the heck to they know that? It doesn't mention the dinosaurs in the book so how would a jehovah know that's what god did?

My bible has a 100 day reading plan in it to help you along, but it's only got about 1400 pages, if it took me that long to read that many pages, it can't be a very gripping read.

And how come the world is full of missionaries and priests etc all trying to convert the unbelievers, yet the atheists don't have a simular program to try and unconvert the converted. Seems all a bit one sided to me.

Maybe you could start something there then Arkon - since you have so much time on your hands
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:33 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
Maybe you could start something there then Arkon - since you have so much time on your hands
I think I need to start searching for a distinguishing birth mark then. Then create an army of the sane.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painter man
The lord will provide how does he work that out then.
Just a few starving in the world
Like I said, anything good that happens is down to god. Any shit stuff, people dying, starving etc is down to us being bad. Some areas of Africa must have been horrendously bad at some point what with droughts killing millions and disease etc and as for Darfur -

I think I need to start searching for a distinguishing birth mark then. Then create an army of the sane.
Don't go looking for the sane on here will you. Not sure there are any
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:21 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
Has anyone seen the Ricky Gervais standup 'Animals'? We have it on DVD, we've watched it dozens of times and it is still hilarious - there is a whole section on the bible, it's very funny.

(If you didn't like the office - which i didn't - , this is still funny. Well worth a watch, especially with some mates and a few bottles of beer/wine!)
Was going to mention that too - lol - was reading the thread thinking exactly that.

Here you go:

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:39 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Hutch
Was going to mention that too - lol - was reading the thread thinking exactly that.

Here you go:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E_EXqdJ4L7I

LOL and all true, exept the bit about doing it in the dark. If there was no light then dark was the norm at the time, and any creature evolves to suit it's enviroment. So god must be able to see in the dark. Which is amazing considering he hadn't invented carots by then.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:41 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

carrots
That's a different thread, please keep on track.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E_EXqdJ4L7I

That's brilliant. Not seen it before, will have to get the DVD. One bit of advice for anyone else who's not seen it, don't be drinking coffee whilst watching
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:52 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

This book perfectly sums up my personal opinions on the subject.
Monotheistic religion is a plagiarism of a plagiarism of a hearsay of a hearsay, of an illusion of an illusion, extending all the way back to a fabrication of a few non-events.

So very true.

Also love this comment on that Amazon link above - which so perfectly illustrates much of the problem in itself ...
Dear Hitchens,
All I can say, is just one message for you: Please revise yourself again...in all of your thoughts, feelings, opinions & actions towards God...before it's too late...or I Can assure you & the days of your life will prove it...that you will be tortured & agonized in your current life [If Not]!!!...you will live the best life ever & the best life you ever dreamed about, before you die...but wait!!! you will live the real better life, in hell...isa...
Take Good Care Of Yourself...
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:53 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by moneypen20
That's brilliant. Not seen it before, will have to get the DVD. One bit of advice for anyone else who's not seen it, don't be drinking coffee whilst watching
It's superb. He did another stand-up called Politics which is also worth a look, but doesn't quite hit the mark like Animals does.

P.S. They're available for download on the usual sites.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

It's superb. He did another stand-up called Politics which is also worth a look, but doesn't quite hit the mark like Animals does.

P.S. They're available for download on the usual sites.
But I still haven't worked out how to do that
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:59 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by moneypen20
But I still haven't worked out how to do that
Will PM you shortly ...
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

This book perfectly sums up my personal opinions on the subject.
Monotheistic religion is a plagiarism of a plagiarism of a hearsay of a hearsay, of an illusion of an illusion, extending all the way back to a fabrication of a few non-events.

So very true.

Also love this comment on that Amazon link above - which so perfectly illustrates much of the problem in itself ...
Dear Hitchens,
All I can say, is just one message for you: Please revise yourself again...in all of your thoughts, feelings, opinions & actions towards God...before it's too late...or I Can assure you & the days of your life will prove it...that you will be tortured & agonized in your current life [If Not]!!!...you will live the best life ever & the best life you ever dreamed about, before you die...but wait!!! you will live the real better life, in hell...isa...
Take Good Care Of Yourself...
"The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins will also give you all the ammunition you'll ever need to thwart any god-botherers on your doorstep.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:00 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst bored the other night I read Genesis in the bible, just to give me some ammo the next time the jehovah's come knocking. Well I noticed a funametal mistake that proves it's all a load of codswallop. I'll type it out and see if you can spot it......

short hand for the first bit:-

God created the earth the fish light etc and had a rest on Sunday

He made Eden and Adam and eve, the ONLY 2 humans on the earth

After a bit of rumpy Eve gave birth in agony because she eat the apple to
Cain and Able, 2 brothers (both boys) No other children.....

THEN Genesis Chapter 7...

"Cain and his wife had a son and named him Enoch"

ALSO Genesis Chapter 4 Verse 15....

(God speaking to the cast out Cain)

"But the Lord Answered, No, If anyone kills you seven lives will be taken in revenge"

The book is just full of rubbish, Where did all the other people come from, where did the wife of Cain come from. As for killing 7 in revenge, didn't he go on to say "Thou shalt not kill". Lead by example I say.....

Here endeth the reading, Life in Oz is so interesting I'm reading the bible for entertainment!
May peace be with you
Pope Luke IV
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:04 am
Australia's Doorman

Just out of interest, amongst us 'non-believers' - how many were brought up with a religion? I was raised Catholic. Went to a Catholic nursery, a Catholic primary school and a Catholic secondary school. At one point I was going to mass five days a week and had plans to become a priest. It was only when I started reading widely that I realised what an enormous pile of horse-shit the whole thing was. We're not raising our son with any particular religion - if he chooses to buy into it later in life then that's entirely his prerogative.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.