Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The first mistake in the bible!

The first mistake in the bible!

Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:02 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up The first mistake in the bible!

Whilst bored the other night I read Genesis in the bible, just to give me some ammo the next time the jehovah's come knocking. Well I noticed a funametal mistake that proves it's all a load of codswallop. I'll type it out and see if you can spot it......

short hand for the first bit:-

God created the earth the fish light etc and had a rest on Sunday

He made Eden and Adam and eve, the ONLY 2 humans on the earth

After a bit of rumpy Eve gave birth in agony because she eat the apple to
Cain and Able, 2 brothers (both boys) No other children.....

THEN Genesis Chapter 7...

"Cain and his wife had a son and named him Enoch"

ALSO Genesis Chapter 4 Verse 15....

(God speaking to the cast out Cain)

"But the Lord Answered, No, If anyone kills you seven lives will be taken in revenge"

The book is just full of rubbish, Where did all the other people come from, where did the wife of Cain come from. As for killing 7 in revenge, didn't he go on to say "Thou shalt not kill". Lead by example I say.....

Here endeth the reading, Life in Oz is so interesting I'm reading the bible for entertainment!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:08 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The first mistake in the bible!

Originally Posted by arkon
Whilst bored the other night I read Genesis in the bible, just to give me some ammo the next time the jehovah's come knocking. Well I noticed a funametal mistake that proves it's all a load of codswallop. I'll type it out and see if you can spot it......

"But the Lord Answered, No, If anyone kills you seven lives will be taken in revenge"

The book is just full of rubbish, Where did all the other people come from, where did the wife of Cain come from. As for killing 7 in revenge, didn't he go on to say "Thou shalt not kill". Lead by example I say.....

Here endeth the reading, Life in Oz is so interesting I'm reading the bible for entertainment!
It's well known to be full of inconsistencies and contradictions, and the fact that several major religions are based on the OT is of concern. Seems anyone can whack a slant or interpretation on it and claim a revelation for a new faith or denomination etc.

I think it is a socio political/spiritual set of books spanning a number of centuries and writers (many of whom never even witnessed key events). Speaks volumes to me about control and order of the uneducated.

Surely the radio, ABC tv, or a dvd would be more entertaining? have a nice hot scented oil bath, buy a novel or get a couple of books out of the library, make a list of 'to do's' that you'd enjoy for YOURSELF!!!

Last edited by kiwi_child; Jun 21st 2007 at 11:31 am.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:41 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Religion is for the weak.

Load of old bollocks.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:53 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I think a lot of people find solace and comfort in religion.
I wouldn't condemn them for that.

Each to his own and all that but unfortunately the preachings of most religions don't seem to allow that philosophy.

They tend to call for the conversion of all and sundry and the result of that is all to often war.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:03 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

I like this bit...'To the woman he said, "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you'.

Genesis, Ch 3 V 16.

Cos jesus he knows me
And he knows Im right
Ive been talking to jesus all my life
Oh yes he knows me
And he knows I'm right
And hes been telling me
Everything is alright

Genesis 1992
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:04 pm
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of

They did an awful lot of begatting, being the first generation, and there were too many sprogs to remember all their names, so that explains the numbers thing.

Being so interbred they were none too clever either, so when Adam reads them a once upon a time story with a bit of science fiction, they don't question it too much.

Oh and you missed out God making them in "our" image...

Karl
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:13 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's all total bollox but I guess if it makes some people happy and they don't bother me or mine let them believe all the good things that happen are down to god and all the bad things are down to us.

Is it the kiss of death to mention that I haven't been visited by any god botherers since we've been here.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:23 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
I like this bit...'To the woman he said, "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you'.

Genesis, Ch 3 V 16.

Cos jesus he knows me
And he knows Im right
Ive been talking to jesus all my life
Oh yes he knows me
And he knows I'm right
And hes been telling me
Everything is alright

Genesis 1992
Excelent, yes I did read that one. I'm up to Noah at the moment, I must admit the version I'm reading, the Ozzy version is very easy to read, no old language in it, infact it reads like a bed time story for children.

What amazes me most about religion and the one based on the bible especially is that with so many contradictions how can any sane or rational person possibly believe in it. I would have thought if you have 2 neurons rubbing together and actually read the bible, then it would be enough to convince you it's all a load of cobblars.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:26 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
It's all total bollox but I guess if it makes some people happy and they don't bother me or mine let them believe all the good things that happen are down to god and all the bad things are down to us.

Is it the kiss of death to mention that I haven't been visited by any god botherers since we've been here.
I look forwards to the next visit, bring it on... Did I say I got given the bible at the citizenship ceremony? I wonder if there is any milage writing a satanic verses type book for the bible, pointing out all the mistakes.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:29 pm
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of

Excelent, yes I did read that one. I'm up to Noah at the moment, I must admit the version I'm reading, the Ozzy version is very easy to read, no old language in it, infact it reads like a bed time story for children.

What amazes me most about religion and the one based on the bible especially is that with so many contradictions how can any sane or rational person possibly believe in it. I would have thought if you have 2 neurons rubbing together and actually read the bible, then it would be enough to convince you it's all a load of cobblars.
One of my brothers used to be the biggest possible atheist. Atheist in a complete-contempt-for-religion bigotted way.

18 years ago he started reading the Bible so that when he argued with Christians he could slag them off with knowledge.

Half way through he was having second thoughts. By the time he reached the end of the NT he was fully converted, and believed in the literal truth of Genesis etc. Still does.

Barking.

So - be warned. Read Happy Rotter or the Mr Men instead.

Karl
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:33 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Karl & Ann
One of my brothers used to be the biggest possible atheist. Atheist in a complete-contempt-for-religion bigotted way.

18 years ago he started reading the Bible so that when he argued with Christians he could slag them off with knowledge.

Half way through he was having second thoughts. By the time he reached the end of the NT he was fully converted, and believed in the literal truth of Genesis etc. Still does.

Barking.

So - be warned. Read Happy Rotter or the Mr Men instead.

Karl
Cool, I've got to read it all then, anything powerfull enough to do that to me just has to be worth rolling up and smoking.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

My parents live close to the creationist museum in the USA and I can't wait to go over again as I just HAVE to see the dinosaurs on Noah's Ark .
I know a lovely lady on my teaching course who had difficult in our geology lesson as she believes in creationism, it came as a bit of a shock as I had never met anyone who takes it quite so literally.
Nicky
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:41 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by NickyP
My parents live close to the creationist museum in the USA and I can't wait to go over again as I just HAVE to see the dinosaurs on Noah's Ark .
I know a lovely lady on my teaching course who had difficult in our geology lesson as she believes in creationism, it came as a bit of a shock as I had never met anyone who takes it quite so literally.
Nicky
I met a creationist once, weel educated too. He belived that dinosaurs and all the other bones found that prove it took more than 7 days to create everything are fakes! All the fossils found are fakes too! Having a debate on anything with him was really good except the bible and his religion, then it was like banging your head on a brick wall.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

I met a creationist once, weel educated too. He belived that dinosaurs and all the other bones found that prove it took more than 7 days to create everything are fakes! All the fossils found are fakes too! Having a debate on anything with him was really good except the bible and his religion, then it was like banging your head on a brick wall.
Yep I can understand that. We were planning a lesson on dinosaurs and I was chatting away about how we could talk about the geological layers as a type of time line and she went very quiet and said "that is if you believe in that". I was a bit stumped as I had no idea that she was a creationist and didn't twig for a while (not all that quick on the uptake ). The fossils were not a problem but we didn't get into whether they were real or not (luckily).
She is a lovely person and I get on really well with her, but I now know to avoid the subject of religion.
Enjoy your reading.
Nicky
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:48 pm
Pasta Fari

Same with my brother. Dinosaur bones were CREATED in place in the rocks to confuse the unbelievers.

As for physical data which proves the Universe was in existence 15 billion years before Genesis...again God created the light trails to make the Universe seem that age. Again to confuse the unbelievers.

The faithful, however, believe any old shit they're fed.

There's no arguing with fundamentalists!

Karl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.