Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The first mistake in the bible!

The first mistake in the bible!

Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:00 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The first mistake in the bible!

Could be worse I reckon. Some of us could believe in space ships, intergalactic wars and be involved with scientific cults.....

Oh wait...never mind
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:04 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Could be worse I reckon. Some of us could believe in space ships, intergalactic wars and be involved with scientific cults.....

Oh wait...never mind
LOL, I was with you right up to scientific cults. Who's one of them then? Now spaceships and intergalactic wars I can believe.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:41 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

See what you did there Arkon? You assumed the 7 lives were human / that they would be taken now. They could have been taken hundreds of years later. Or maybe it was cockroaches. Maybe even one cat lost 7 so needs to be extra careful crossing the road now.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:58 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
See what you did there Arkon? You assumed the 7 lives were human / that they would be taken now. They could have been taken hundreds of years later. Or maybe it was cockroaches. Maybe even one cat lost 7 so needs to be extra careful crossing the road now.
True, but that still doesn't explain who Cain shagged unless it was his mother Eve.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
True, but that still doesn't explain who Cain shagged unless it was his mother Eve.
since when has it been wrong to shag your mother? I thought everyone did it.

Also wot about this snake then? was it a he or a she? maybe it was up for a bit of porking

chris
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:39 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
oh arkon i too read my very olde worlde bible .it's great!!!! it's so completely mad..my favorite bits are: who was there when Jesus rose from the dead? the daughters of arron. mary mother , mary mag (the one he love and kissed on the lips all the time), salome marys cousin and someone else... they also had about a kg of murrrh (what the hell was that for...?) the daughters of arron were the temple priestesses and were in charge of incense...according to some he went to UK and established the true christian faith at Glastonbury.....it's very interesting....jesus made up a new commandment too at the sermon on the mount "love thine enemy as yourself" and also said you will go to hell if you even look at someone else if you are married AHHHHH I'm off to hell.......(i'd rather be there as the smokers will be there..i always hang out with the smokers)......time for bed i think before i go mad.....what about "kiss me with your mouth.. your love is better than wine....."(only good words in bible).....UM i think i'll have the wine.. oh had some already....bye.....
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:07 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

what else can you expect in a book that has had more editors than you have had hot meals
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got to the bit where he says

"Blessed are the cheesemakers"

(or makers of dairy products)
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:49 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
since when has it been wrong to shag your mother? I thought everyone did it.

chris
The done thing in Camborne, apparently.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:59 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

The lord will provide how does he work that out then.
Just a few starving in the world
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Have you got to the bit where he says

"Blessed are the cheesemakers"

(or makers of dairy products)

I started reading the bible once, thought I should see what all the fuss is about and be able to confound god-squadders with my incredible knowledge of their holy book.... Safe to say it didn't convert me, but then I didn't finish it. I got on fine with genesis, and the floods and things - I went to CofE school so it was all quite familiar and I can see how it could be interpreted liberally rather than fundamentally....
But then I got to the bit where God gives them all a load of instructions about how to live. Or maybe it was a prophet... either way the rules came from God and they were bizarre - "If thou finds green mould on a wooden object, take it out of the village and leave it in the desert for seven days and seven nights and if when thou looks again it is still green then burn it" and things like that! But what made me really mad was the bit about women and times of the month... the bible may have had a hundred editors but they were all MEN!
Anyway I got bored of that section and stopped.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

A Jehovahs witness once told me that dinosaurs were put on the earth by God to poo all over it and make it fertile for when he invented humans, when they had done the job he wiped them out
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painter man
The lord will provide how does he work that out then.
Just a few starving in the world
Ah but the meek shall inherit the earth - tis easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to pass through the gates of heaven.
So in the LONGRUN they are actually better off, you see?
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:06 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

and the meek shall inherit the earth........

if that's all right with the rest of you
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Has anyone seen the Ricky Gervais standup 'Animals'? We have it on DVD, we've watched it dozens of times and it is still hilarious - there is a whole section on the bible, it's very funny.

(If you didn't like the office - which i didn't - , this is still funny. Well worth a watch, especially with some mates and a few bottles of beer/wine!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.