Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Wikiposts

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Feb 5th 2012, 10:59 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
In the end, you can argue that England lost this in the field too. They dropped Azhar on 84 and went on to make 157.

With the lead now down to under 100 that is costly and quite possibly the difference!
Yeh but Pakistan's fielding/catching probably balances it out, if not as costly.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

They may win it still. They don't look terribly troubled at the mo.

Last edited by Alfresco; Feb 5th 2012 at 11:06 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:05 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Yeh but Pakistan's fielding/catching probably balances it out, if not as costly.
true true!

I am nowhere near as concerned as I might have been 2-3 years ago. At the end of the day there is only one area of our team that is failing here. The middle order simply need to stand up. Bringing in Ravi Bopara for Morgan could be an option. Our bowlers have been excellent still and generally our fielders have been good. Strauss needs to pick up his game, but otherwise I have seen enough from Cook to not show too much concern and Trott will bounce back. Even KP has looked pretty good in this test and was probably a tad unlucky in the first innings. Bell and Morgan though....
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:06 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
They may save it still. They don't look terribly troubled at the mo.
hmmmm, don't think so. Our normal number 11 has been promoted to 10 which says a lot.

Gotta love Matty Prior though. Best keeper-batsman on the test circuit right now!
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:10 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

true true!

I am nowhere near as concerned as I might have been 2-3 years ago. At the end of the day there is only one area of our team that is failing here. The middle order simply need to stand up. Bringing in Ravi Bopara for Morgan could be an option. Our bowlers have been excellent still and generally our fielders have been good. Strauss needs to pick up his game, but otherwise I have seen enough from Cook to not show too much concern and Trott will bounce back. Even KP has looked pretty good in this test and was probably a tad unlucky in the first innings. Bell and Morgan though....
Yeh, it's not cause for total panic ... Hold on, I'm starting to believe ... England could do this ... Oh no, it was just wind
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmm, don't think so. Our normal number 11 has been promoted to 10 which says a lot.

Gotta love Matty Prior though. Best keeper-batsman on the test circuit right now!
Originally Posted by DeadVim
Yeh, it's not cause for total panic ... Hold on, I'm starting to believe ... England could do this ... Oh no, it was just wind
In Cricket, it's NEVER over until the fat lady sings.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:15 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

looks like she got side-tracked by the all-you-can-eat buffet on the way to the stage
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:16 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

looks like she got side-tracked by the all-you-can-eat buffet on the way to the stage
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok, she's warming up her voice now. I was hopeful.
I'm Old Gregg!

nah, the ushers (Ajmal & Younis) got hold of her and said her time is now
Mostly Harmless

True, Warne is still bowling.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:19 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: The Cricket Thread

Anderson! 9 for 237!
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:28 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

I bloody love watching Monty bat. He tries sooooooooooo hard
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:33 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: The Cricket Thread

He can block like a good 'un, I'll give him that.

Only 72 runs to find, this could be a major upset!
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:35 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
He can block like a good 'un, I'll give him that.

Only 72 runs to find, this could be a major upset!
thanks for the jinx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.