Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Wikiposts

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Jan 31st 2012, 11:06 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by Wendy
I can't stand her. How did she ever get famous!?
The usual route is to sleep with a producer ... So I can't explain her career trajectory.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
The usual route is to sleep with a producer ... So I can't explain her career trajectory.
Maybe she DIDN'T sleep with him instead?
Old Jan 31st 2012, 11:13 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Maybe she DIDN'T sleep with him instead?
I like yer thinking
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 1:07 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Last test starts today

Hoping Pakistan can do the 3-0 whitewash
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 1:51 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Last test starts today

Hoping Pakistan can do the 3-0 whitewash
If they do I could be a better thing for English cricket than a 2-1 result.

They have to win in all conditions to be a true number 1.

As it is they look like number 2s.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 3:38 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
If they do I could be a better thing for English cricket than a 2-1 result.

They have to win in all conditions to be a true number 1.

As it is they look like number 2s.
I think a win for England in this last test would be a big deal for them, and a major boost going into the summer.

It would also mean that they have the potential to hold onto the No.1 spot for a bit longer.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 3:44 pm
Mostly Harmless

I think a win for England in this last test would be a big deal for them, and a major boost going into the summer.

It would also mean that they have the potential to hold onto the No.1 spot for a bit longer.
I guess, momentum is always good to have. Maybe they have had the collective kick up the backside required, time will tell.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Amir was released from jail yesterday, anyone know how long he has been banned from playing cricket?

Whilst i am of the opinion that the other 2 deserve life bans, especially Butt i really hope that Amir is shown some leniency due to his very young age.

He is an incredible talent and could be one of the great pacemen of the future.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 4:55 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by papilon
Amir was released from jail yesterday, anyone know how long he has been banned from playing cricket?

Whilst i am of the opinion that the other 2 deserve life bans, especially Butt i really hope that Amir is shown some leniency due to his very young age.

He is an incredible talent and could be one of the great pacemen of the future.
5 years
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 5:05 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: The Cricket Thread

Pakistan to bat. Pitch is even drier than the first Test. Cheema has replaced Junaid.

I get the impression people aren't interested in watching a dead rubber:

Right, Taufel and Davis march out in their sun hats, and the English side walks in now. Barring Trott, I think every single one of them is wearing shades. Taufeeq and Hafeez stride out now to whistles and cheers from an adoring crowd of about 24. Over to Alex Winter for the action.

Oh wow, Anderson strikes! Umar out lbw, Pakistan 1 for 1!
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 5:07 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

5 years
even if he does get picked after that 5 years it will be highly unlikely he will play much. When playing on the subcontinent I doubt many pace bowlers will get much of a look in. He will be unable to ever play in England again as he will be deported soon. Which leaves the nation of convicts, SA and WI as the only places he will be able to play and even then they well also stop any visa applications.

A real shame as he was such a shining light for Pakistani cricket. But hey, judging from this series Pakistan have moved on anyway.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 5:26 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

8-2
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
even if he does get picked after that 5 years it will be highly unlikely he will play much. When playing on the subcontinent I doubt many pace bowlers will get much of a look in. He will be unable to ever play in England again as he will be deported soon. Which leaves the nation of convicts, SA and WI as the only places he will be able to play and even then they well also stop any visa applications.

A real shame as he was such a shining light for Pakistani cricket. But hey, judging from this series Pakistan have moved on anyway.
Real same.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 5:38 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Pakistan 18-3
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 5:39 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: The Cricket Thread

Wow, this is looking incredibly ugly for Pakistan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.