Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Jan 28th 2012, 12:09 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Oh give over, England were confident of running down any score <150.
My comment was made in jest, of course a #1 ranked team should chase down a modest total even on a deck that favoured the bowlers

But they didn't, so given recent results they need a collective kick up the backside.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 12:28 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: The Cricket Thread

It certainly raises questions about England's claim to #1 status. I don't think they'll be holding that spot for ~10 years, like Australia did.

Nobody expected the #1 Test team to get beaten like a Bengali child bride by the #5 team.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 12:44 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly raises questions about England's claim to #1 status. I don't think they'll be holding that spot for ~10 years, like Australia did.

Nobody expected the #1 Test team to get beaten like a Bengali child bride by the #5 team.
A colourful choice of phrase but point taken, maybe the bookies weren't involved this time
Old Jan 28th 2012, 12:45 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: The Cricket Thread

Haha, good call! Bookies had learned their lesson from last time, they didn't want to get burned again.

Old Jan 28th 2012, 7:49 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

The brits were well and truely spanked,my curry is going down a treat
Old Jan 28th 2012, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Oopsy daisy.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 8:35 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone has to take the spot. England is making it easy.

No other team wants to be a bunch of sledging munts for ten years.

Old Jan 28th 2012, 9:58 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

A terrible result but Pakistan were too good on the day, it has happened to EVERY team and will continue to happen to every team. It could have been worse, they could have been all out for 47 I love how a team like England fight back and win the big series and get to No1 and then when they get beat by a lower ranked team the trolls come out and start telling us how bad they are. It's one series, besides I heard South Africa were going to be No1 by Christmas.....last Christmas.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 10:00 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
No creature,vimto or Shoulders,must be out shopping
Was out watching my other team get smashed (Roar).

Was listening to it on the radio at the same time though. Just goes to show, if we are going to play these tests overseas then we need to put as much preparation into it as we did in the Ashes.

The bowlers did their job, and well. They (Anderson, Broad, Tremelet, Finn & Bresnan) went on a bowlers camp to SA only a few weeks ago. I don't recall hearing the batting doing anything to prepare.

Goes to show!
Old Jan 28th 2012, 10:10 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
A terrible result but Pakistan were too good on the day, it has happened to EVERY team and will continue to happen to every team. It could have been worse, they could have been all out for 47 I love how a team like England fight back and win the big series and get to No1 and then when they get beat by a lower ranked team the trolls come out and start telling us how bad they are. It's one series, besides I heard South Africa were going to be No1 by Christmas.....last Christmas.
Actually, Aus got dismissed for 88 by Pakistan only in 2010. Aus also lost that match and the match was a "Home" series for Pakistan as Aus refused to play in the Middle East (surprise surprise!). So that series was more of a home surface to Aus than it was Pakistan and they still got their arses spanked.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 12:09 pm
Mostly Harmless

Looking forward to some TMS lat ... Oh balls
Old Jan 28th 2012, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Looking forward to some TMS lat ... Oh balls
It's ok, 5 Sports Extra run highlights on a loop continuously. Listen out for the Boycs rant of all rants, he lost three houses you know.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 2:26 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Australia were dismissed for 47 last year by SA.

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Actually, Aus got dismissed for 88 by Pakistan only in 2010. Aus also lost that match and the match was a "Home" series for Pakistan as Aus refused to play in the Middle East (surprise surprise!). So that series was more of a home surface to Aus than it was Pakistan and they still got their arses spanked.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 2:32 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by General Tojo
It's ok, 5 Sports Extra run highlights on a loop continuously. Listen out for the Boycs rant of all rants, he lost three houses you know.
Wasn't he a wife-beater too?

I'll skip the 'highlights', I'm rocking out to The Black Keys, infinitely better.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 3:31 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by chris955
Australia were dismissed for 47 last year by SA.
Yes, I know. My point is that many people are trying to infer that Pakistan are a crap team. They are from that. In fact, it is amazing that they have been able to bounce back from such a devastating loss of players.

I was just trying to point out that Aus lost to Pakistan in England only 18 months ago on a track that would have suited Aus far more than it would have Pakistan. We have lost on hostile spin pitches to a very good Pakistan team. Aus refused to play in the UAE for "security reasons" instead "compromising" and playing in England. Meanwhile every other nation agrees to play Pakistan over there.

As an aside, did you know that Aus have not played Pakistan on Pakistani soil since 1998? Again, refusing to do so on security concerns. Every other nation played there until late 2009.

Security concerns or just damn right chicken of facing those hostile pitches?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.