Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Wikiposts

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:45 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England v India, who is going to win

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot all about it.
Ponting's last game maybe?
Old Nov 16th 2011, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

Last Test there didn't seem to be a Radio 2000 link I could ungeoblockedly use.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 4:08 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by General Tojo
Last Test there didn't seem to be a Radio 2000 link I could ungeoblockedly use.
I was getting Radio 2000 on Tune-in and via the SABC website.

ABC radio (sans Roebuck) are covering it.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 4:11 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
So, round 2 of SA versus Aus starts in about 5 hours, should be good.

I'll be a-streaming later :sunglasses:
I expect Australia to be better. There was not much in it last test and Johnson bowled well at the Wanders in '09.

Agree about Ponting - last chance for a few players actually.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 5:03 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I expect Australia to be better. There was not much in it last test and Johnson bowled well at the Wanders in '09.

Agree about Ponting - last chance for a few players actually.
Yup, the new selection panel should sweep the broom after this one.

I can't see Australia getting skittled for next to nothing again that's for sure. Well, actually I can see it but only in my dreams with a big dopey grin on my face.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, the new selection panel should sweep the broom after this one.

I can't see Australia getting skittled for next to nothing again that's for sure. Well, actually I can see it but only in my dreams with a big dopey grin on my face.
To be replaced by a bunch of inexperienced rookie players which take years to blossom.

All opposition teams should get stuck in and help themselves while they can.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

What, even the Kiwis?
Old Nov 16th 2011, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

What, even the Kiwis?
Yep.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 5:29 pm
Mostly Harmless

To be replaced by a bunch of inexperienced rookie players which take years to blossom.

We already have

What, even the Kiwis?
I hope so, I want my day 3 at The Gabba to be an Aussie humilatothon.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We already have

Long may it continue then.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

We already have

You're a local, Vim. What's this irresistible offer the 'Australian Cricket Family' just emailed to my junk file?

General Tojo, it's time to Fire It Up‏

Meet Brisbane's newest and hottest team: the Heat.

The Heat are simmering, waiting for their moment to raise the temperature and explode into the new KFC T20 Big Bash League. Anything's possible for a team from this loyal,
forward-thinking, energetic city. The players and their coaches believe in taking the game on at all times and never playing safe.

Join us and let's fire up, Queensland!
Old Nov 17th 2011, 12:30 am
Mostly Harmless

You're a local, Vim. What's this irresistible offer the 'Australian Cricket Family' just emailed to my junk file?

General Tojo, it's time to Fire It Up‏

Meet Brisbane's newest and hottest team: the Heat.

The Heat are simmering, waiting for their moment to raise the temperature and explode into the new KFC T20 Big Bash League. Anything's possible for a team from this loyal,
forward-thinking, energetic city. The players and their coaches believe in taking the game on at all times and never playing safe.

Join us and let's fire up, Queensland!
The usual marketing guff.

I only signed up to the ACF to get priority Ashes tickets, it was all a big cock up needless to say.

SA batting and doing OK at tea after some early losses ... Watson injured, big surprise ...
Old Nov 17th 2011, 1:29 am
Mostly Harmless

SA 7 down for 240 odd in the final session ... Looks like a contest
Old Nov 17th 2011, 6:42 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

This SA team really are wasting their talent at the moment in my opinion.

They have all the right players in the right positions but you look at their record of the last two years and, quite frankly it's pretty poor considering.

They haven't won a home series in some ludicrous amount of time. They should be jossling for position with England on skill as well as test ranking and at the moment all I am seeing from them is an undeserved jossling in the rankings only. They were quite lucky to win the last test against quite possibly the worst Aussie team of the last 25 years and now they have just done a very good job of throwing away a position of strength
Old Nov 17th 2011, 10:06 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
This SA team really are wasting their talent at the moment in my opinion.

They have all the right players in the right positions but you look at their record of the last two years and, quite frankly it's pretty poor considering.

They haven't won a home series in some ludicrous amount of time. They should be jossling for position with England on skill as well as test ranking and at the moment all I am seeing from them is an undeserved jossling in the rankings only. They were quite lucky to win the last test against quite possibly the worst Aussie team of the last 25 years and now they have just done a very good job of throwing away a position of strength
266 all out is certainly below par from all reports.

But, as ever, you can only judge when both teams have had a bat ... If the SA bowlers come out firing then who knows what mental state the Australian batting line-up is in?

The Watson injury might not help confidence early on either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.