The Cricket Thread

Old Nov 28th 2016, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Most of your post is gibberish but pulling me up on my misspelling of one word? Get over yourself teach

Pathetic
http://britishexpats.com/forum/barbi...879631/page49/

Post 727, point 3. The king of grammar royally ****s up.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Shane Warne is the most knowledgeable in cricket and he rates the SCG the best even though he's from Melbourne. Do get out more.

You failed to find in your internet research that Hazlewood only played 4 Ashes tests. That's why the average is the key stat. All other bowlers played 5.

It should be noted that Hazlewood was the top wicket taker in the current series. Followed by all the Saffa's. If you had seen any of the current series you would see that was pretty special considering how well the Saffa's bowled. Do get out more.

He also had the best average behind Abbott (Abbott would be a shredder on English wickets). Hazlewood flies under the radar a bit. Starc is good in bursts but lets the pressure go once applied. He goes for a lot of runs.

Do I rate Hazlewood? Absolutely. Could he be even better than he is. For sure. Watch this space Tennis Boy.
You are expanding your horizons and basing it not just on your opinion but one other person's! (Warne). I've never said anything against SCG or Adelaide Oval for that matter they are great grounds but my experience of them goes back to the 70's (as with Bellerive, took in tests and Sheffield Shield matches while on tennis duty) I just think all things considered the MCG is better. Most cricketers will tell you a Boxing Day test at the 'G or a test at Lords are the highlights of their careers. Both have tradition and were the original test grounds. The new ground in Perth will take a long time to build that up. It's a bit like why so many people want to play golf at St Andrews. MCG is the home of cricket (and footy) in Australia. Pure and simple, no argument.

Hazlewood is a good bowler, I'm not denying that; he didn't swing it about as much as you thought and 4 wickets per test isn't great. Starc has, like Johnson, the raw pace which is also needed and yes, he's a short spell bowler. The captain works around that and bowls others for longer spells and gets the likes of Bird to do some donkey work. Starc and Hazlewood will be our Broad and Anderson if you like for a long time.

My opinion is that Warner would make a better captain than Smith. He surprised many a pundit with his winning captaincy of the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL this year and if anyone has turned the corner after immaturity early in his career it's DW.

3rd test was dead so I wouldn't read much into that. What was Smith doing when SL were 5/30 odd on 1st day of test vs SL?

There's enough for you to disagree with or sneer at or question my credentials.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
but my experience of them goes back to the 70's (as with Bellerive, took in tests and Sheffield Shield matches while on tennis duty)
There's enough for you to disagree with or sneer at or question my credentials.
Does you experience of test matches at Bellerive go back to the 70's? I'm sure you didn't mean that.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Does you experience of test matches at Bellerive go back to the 70's? I'm sure you didn't mean that.
Yes I did; read it properly sport, I've watched test and shield games at those venues. Long before you were even thought of me and my pals used to go to the G and sit there from 11.00 a.m. until 6.00 p.m. with our scorebooks and watch test and shield games. We took our lunch, bats and ball for the lunch and tea breaks and sat behind the bowler. e.g. the famous tied test series between Australia and West Indies - over 90,000 at the G day one to watch Hall and Griffith and Gibbs bowl, Sobers, Kanhai, Worrell, Nurse etc bat. Australia won.

Last edited by OzTennis; Nov 28th 2016 at 10:27 am.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 10:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It was the easy peasy Japaneasy or whatever I took for my inspiration. Mange, dogs get it?
But I don't set myself up on here as kind of master of English teach
Old Nov 28th 2016, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I was surprised to be honest you picked someone up on the difference between exit and excite and knew the difference. That would be a couple of sentences in tens of thousands you could pick up on. For once I didn't proof read before I posted and I'm happy to acknowledge such. I must have been watching too much 'Corination Street' (from one of your posts).
Old Nov 28th 2016, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
But I don't set myself up on here as kind of master of English teach
Do you have a full stop key on your device?

You set yourself up as an expert on lots of things and rarely tolerate views different to your own so why shouldn't I set myself up as an expert on something? The right wing sharks are circling.

Last edited by OzTennis; Nov 28th 2016 at 10:58 am.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 11:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a full stop key on your device?

You set yourself up as an expert on lots of things and rarely tolerate views different to your own so why shouldn't I set myself up as an expert on something? The right wing sharks are circling.
Yes

Don't use it

No need
Old Nov 28th 2016, 12:01 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Even after editing this evening it's still a bit iffy lol. Glass houses & stones anyone?
You should have quoted it and it would be there forever.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Shane Warne is the most knowledgeable in cricket and he rates the SCG the best even though he's from Melbourne. Do get out more.
What Shane Warne said is that his career highlight was - "walking out onto Sydney cricket ground, first ever test match, looking up at scoreboard and seeing ‘congratulations Shane Warne you are the 350th Test Cricketer to play for Australia."

Not necessarily his favourite ground, not the best ground but the ground of his fondest memory. He could have gone for his MCG hat trick or 700th test wicket but went for his first test venue.

Shane Warne – Icons of Cricket, Dubai 2016

Last edited by OzTennis; Nov 28th 2016 at 4:05 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cresta57
Even after editing this evening it's still a bit iffy lol. Glass houses & stones anyone?
In the interests of accuracy it says last edited because I added another point, I didn't proof read or change what our esteemed colleague alludes to; it's there in its original form.

A bit of history by way of explanation - one of the Business Studies subjects I taught was Typewriting which became Word Processing/Secretarial Studies. One exercise students were marked on was typing from a passage of typescript and another was typing from a passage of manuscript. There used to be a mark off for every typographical error (spelling, incorrect use of lower and upper case, missing punctuation, missing words and so on and so forth).

Over time they introduced maximum penalties. It went from 20 errors = zero out of 20 to 20 errors and you could get say 8 out of 10 as you were only penalised a maximum of twice for one thing, twice for another etc). Declining standards in other words. Old habits die hard.

So - ive red and marked thosands of passage like this in my tyme and they still great with me (new sentence) now we have txt spk and people type with one finger and keyboards are musuem peaces (do all these red squiggly lines that keep cumin up mean ive maid mistooks? doesnt matter its just a forum and a bit of entertainment and eye wont be thought any less of as its exceptable in this day and age.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes I did; read it properly sport, I've watched test and shield games at those venues. Long before you were even thought of me and my pals used to go to the G and sit there from 11.00 a.m. until 6.00 p.m. with our scorebooks and watch test and shield games. We took our lunch, bats and ball for the lunch and tea breaks and sat behind the bowler. e.g. the famous tied test series between Australia and West Indies - over 90,000 at the G day one to watch Hall and Griffith and Gibbs bowl, Sobers, Kanhai, Worrell, Nurse etc bat. Australia won.
Really. ..... wow .... Bellerive Oval hosted its first test match in the late 80's.

You've been found out again.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cresta57
He bothered editing it? I guess, if that's all he has in his arsenal. Someone needs to get a life.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What Shane Warne said is that his career highlight was - "walking out onto Sydney cricket ground, first ever test match, looking up at scoreboard and seeing ‘congratulations Shane Warne you are the 350th Test Cricketer to play for Australia."

Not necessarily his favourite ground, not the best ground but the ground of his fondest memory. He could have gone for his MCG hat trick or 700th test wicket but went for his first test venue.

Shane Warne – Icons of Cricket, Dubai 2016
Shane Warne has constantly said the SCG is his favourite ground. If you had actually had been able to listen to his commentary you would know that. Not bad for a bogan from Melbourne.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

How did Pakistan manage to lose that match!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.