The Cricket Thread

Old Nov 26th 2016, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by Beoz
For someone who has only watched test cricket at one ground, you have no idea. Branch out and get a life.
For someone to claim that the MCG may become the 4th best cricket ground in Australia (purely by your criteria) beggars belief and I know it was purely a wind up and it is you who needs to get a life sport. I truly hope you didn't come across too many common people in Adelaide (too many bogans and baseball caps and couldn't get my wine tasting trip, ooooh).

Gold, silver and bronze for the MCG (1st, 2nd and 3rd)

Top 10 Most Beautiful Cricket Grounds In The World

Top 10 Best Cricket Stadiums in the World - Page 6 of 8 Sporteology

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...venues/page/26

Last edited by OzTennis; Nov 26th 2016 at 12:54 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
For someone to claim that the MCG may become the 4th best cricket ground in Australia (purely by your criteria) beggars belief and I know it was purely a wind up and it is you who needs to get a life sport. I truly hope you didn't come across too many common people in Adelaide (too many bogans and baseball caps and couldn't get my wine tasting trip, ooooh).

Gold, silver and bronze for the MCG (1st, 2nd and 3rd)

Top 10 Most Beautiful Cricket Grounds In The World

Top 10 Best Cricket Stadiums in the World - Page 6 of 8 Sporteology

Ranking the World's Top 25 Cricket Grounds, Stadiums and Venues | Bleacher Report
Why do you keep posting useless links? Its pretty simple mate. Jump on an aeroplane or 2, travel around, and see a couple of games in other venues.

Until you have the ability to open your mind and get out more, you have nothing.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Very evenly positioned test. Wicket is starting bite. I wouldn't want to be batting last on this wicket, and with a swinging pink ball ..... trouble.

This should be interesting.
Australia should will win this one.

If they don't, then they will kick themselves and everyone else will kick them too.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 3:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Australia should will win this one.

If they don't, then they will kick themselves and everyone else will kick them too.
Yeah, they've got this one - and fair play to them, they've scrapped hard and deserve the win
Old Nov 27th 2016, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

2 wickets in the next 2 overs. Different story, and a collapse is certainly possible.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you keep posting useless links? Its pretty simple mate. Jump on an aeroplane or 2, travel around, and see a couple of games in other venues.

Until you have the ability to open your mind and get out more, you have nothing.
The experts judged the grounds which is good enough for me. Because it is at variance with your opinion you want me to travel to every ground in the world before I make a pronouncement. Well, by the wonder of modern technology called TV I've seen every ground. It's also another way of you crowing 'I've been everywhere man'.

'This will be very interesting' - wrong, easy as I thought SA just 70 ahead overnight with 4 wickets in hand was going to be but you'd know better, you were there and you think you know best. Hazlewood was going to be stupendous in English conditions last time - wrong, Johnson is a pie chucker - wrong, Warner isn't an opener - wrong, MCG isn't a great ground - wrong ....................

Last edited by OzTennis; Nov 27th 2016 at 8:11 am.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The experts judged the grounds which is good enough for me. Because it is at variance with your opinion you want me to travel to every ground in the world before I make a pronouncement. Well, by the wonder of modern technology called TV I've seen every ground. It's also another way of you crowing 'I've been everywhere man'.

'This will be very interesting' - wrong, easy as I thought SA just 70 ahead overnight with 4 wickets in hand was going to be but you'd know better, you were there and you think you know best. Hazlewood was going to be stupendous in English conditions last time - wrong, Johnson is a pie chucker - wrong, Warner isn't an opener - wrong, MCG isn't a great ground - wrong ....................
Hazlewood was better than Johnson in England. The average of 25's compared to 34's respectively speaks for itself.

Not sure where you get the Warner thing from.

You are really struggling now.

You really need to visit a few places to open your Melbourne inbred mind.

Have fun.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hazlewood was better than Johnson in England. The average of 25's compared to 34's respectively speaks for itself.

Not sure where you get the Warner thing from.

You are really struggling now.

You really need to visit a few places to open your Melbourne inbred mind.

Have fun.
Umm, I live in Scotland and visit Melbourne, the rest of Australia and Europe. The fact that most knowledgeable people rate the MCG as one of the world's best cricket let alone sporting venues leads you to claim I'm Melbourne indbred which is a giant and inconsistent leap of logic. I'm just saying it like most people know it.

Where did Johnson come from? Hazlewood 16 wickets, same as Lyon and less than Starc; you touted him as being the star bowler for English conditions.

I notice you nor anyone else has commented on S Waugh's team of 2002 vs Ponting's team of 2010 nor the inferior English opposition of 2002 compared to the better English opposition of 2010. That's because there's no possible case to make. Rather it's idiotic comments that he was shit, a tosser or had a Man Utd mentality.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Interesting stat (not an opinion) - Steve Waugh in 5 years and 57 tests only had 6 players introduced into the team - i.e. he captained 17 players. One of those 6 was probably the greatest wicketkeeper/batsman ever (although M S might have a claim).

Ponting had 32 players introduced most of them in an attempt to replace the irreplacable i.e. he played with 43 players.

Opinion - imagine captaining Dougie Bollinger and Xavier Doherty vs Warne/McGrath or opening with say Katich/Rogers vs a Hayden, Slater or Langer. Gilchrist or Haddin as your wickie/batsman?
Old Nov 27th 2016, 2:12 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Australia on the dead-rubber win - a deserved victory

So that's 3 series wins in a row in Australia - which was the last team to achieve that?

3 in a row at the WACA too (never lost)

SA were impressive - especially the pace attack which is probably the best in the world right now. The batting is good and AB will be coming back - Amla is seriously out of form though. QDK the best wickie/batsman around

SL at home next and then NZ away - easy peasy japanesy with both

Australia have a ways to go - they really are not as good as they think they are. They have the wrong captain and mangement
Old Nov 27th 2016, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu

So that's 3 series wins in a row in Australia - which was the last team to achieve that?

SA were impressive - especially the pace attack which is probably the best in the world right now. The batting is good and AB will be coming back - Amla is seriously out of form though. QDK the best wickie/batsman around

Australia have a ways to go - they really are not as good as they think they are. They have the wrong captain and mangement
Again, the best bowling attack wins a series. The Saffa's do have an excellent attack, kind of found out on the flat deck Adelaide pitch (had to rely on a bit of evening pink ball madness).

The Saffa's would be really good in England right now, on pitches that dart around.

Smith is OK. Best we have. He will learn with time. You are right about the management. Rod Marsh is gone and we win a test after losing the toss. More management to clear out.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Umm, I live in Scotland and visit Melbourne, the rest of Australia and Europe. The fact that most knowledgeable people rate the MCG as one of the world's best cricket let alone sporting venues leads you to claim I'm Melbourne indbred which is a giant and inconsistent leap of logic. I'm just saying it like most people know it.

Where did Johnson come from? Hazlewood 16 wickets, same as Lyon and less than Starc; you touted him as being the star bowler for English conditions.

I notice you nor anyone else has commented on S Waugh's team of 2002 vs Ponting's team of 2010 nor the inferior English opposition of 2002 compared to the better English opposition of 2010. That's because there's no possible case to make. Rather it's idiotic comments that he was shit, a tosser or had a Man Utd mentality.
Shane Warne is the most knowledgeable in cricket and he rates the SCG the best even though he's from Melbourne. Do get out more.

You failed to find in your internet research that Hazlewood only played 4 Ashes tests. That's why the average is the key stat. All other bowlers played 5.

It should be noted that Hazlewood was the top wicket taker in the current series. Followed by all the Saffa's. If you had seen any of the current series you would see that was pretty special considering how well the Saffa's bowled. Do get out more.

He also had the best average behind Abbott (Abbott would be a shredder on English wickets). Hazlewood flies under the radar a bit. Starc is good in bursts but lets the pressure go once applied. He goes for a lot of runs.

Do I rate Hazlewood? Absolutely. Could he be even better than he is. For sure. Watch this space Tennis Boy.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes, well done to SA, played well. Is mangement something to do with dogs?

Overall it was the Aussies who made a Hash(im) or Kock up of it and got in a Faf. The outlook for Aussie cricket is a bit Doominy Gloominy presently but it wasn't so long ago that we were #1 so things can only get better. Too many Cooks might be spoiling things as far as management goes at the moment. I think we had Tony Abbott playing while the opposition had Kyle Abbott.

Good luck to the Saffers it is they who play Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance March after this one.

Final thought on the 3rd test, maybe Du Plessis did a Cronje and got very good odds on an Aussie win on Vernons (Philander) pools?

(Apologies to Bavuma and the Paul Adams imitator). The SL and SA series have been a Steyn on Aussie cricket; bring back Ponting!

Last edited by OzTennis; Nov 28th 2016 at 9:26 am.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 9:25 am
Proudly Deplorable

Yes, well done to SA, played well. Is mangement something to do with dogs?

Overall it was the Aussies who made a Hash(im) or Kock up of it and got in a Faf. The outlook for Aussie cricket is a bit Doominy Gloominy presently but it wasn't so long ago that we were #1 so things can only get better. Too many Cooks might be spoiling things as far as management goes at the moment. I think we had Tony Abbott playing while the opposition had Kyle Abbott.

Good luck to the Saffers it is they who play Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance March after this one.

Final thought on the 3rd test, maybe Du Plessis did a Cronje and got very good odds on an Aussie win on Vernons (Philander) pools?
Most of your post is gibberish but pulling me up on my misspelling of one word? Get over yourself teach

Pathetic
Old Nov 28th 2016, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Most of your post is gibberish but pulling me up on my misspelling of one word? Get over yourself teach

Pathetic
It was the easy peasy Japaneasy or whatever I took for my inspiration. Mange, dogs get it?

Last edited by OzTennis; Nov 28th 2016 at 9:30 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.