The Cricket Thread

Old Dec 30th 2014, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Shaun Marsh has done a Shane Warne.
Old Dec 30th 2014, 12:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz
Shaun Marsh has done a Shane Warne.
Had a ludicrous amount of plastic surgery and shagged Liz Hurley??
Old Dec 30th 2014, 1:28 am
Account Closed

not quite the start they needed
Old Dec 30th 2014, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Just shows how crazy it is to play Australian cricket in such big grounds....the Australian 'supporters' don't even bother to show up unless they they think they are going to win....the English grounds have more atmosphere because they are not simply full of fair weather supporters
The predictable came along. Repeat, 70,000 there day 1 (5 day total in England usually). Been to the cricket, go to the A league, go to the beach, go to the sales, spend time with the family, spend time with friends, spend time in the garden ........... people have a much fuller life than supporting a losing cricket team.
Old Dec 30th 2014, 8:24 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
........... people have a much fuller life than supporting a losing cricket team.
So is that why they don't turn up unless they think they are going to win?

As I said....fair weather supporters
Old Dec 30th 2014, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

People only turn up in England because its on SkySports

Time to put the cricket on Foxtel ...........

Actually forget that suggestion
Old Dec 30th 2014, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
England ..... but the passport says Great Britain
I've never seen a "Great Britain" passport, Oz. What does it actually say on the front?
Old Dec 31st 2014, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
I've never seen a "Great Britain" passport, Oz. What does it actually say on the front?
It says European Union at the top and below - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Colloquially known as a British passport.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As an aside; to me there's nothing sillier than a football crowd (team 3 nil down) singing 'we'll support you evermore, we'll support you evermore' ad infinitum. Sports psychologists would probably say the message to the team is that we'll accept any dross you serve up and still support you. The same mentality would be a supporters group singing the praises of the White Star Line as the Titanic goes down or the Barmy Army bragging about how much they sang as 5-0 was coming along in the last test.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 7:21 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

As an aside; to me there's nothing sillier than a football crowd (team 3 nil down) singing 'we'll support you evermore, we'll support you evermore' ad infinitum. Sports psychologists would probably say the message to the team is that we'll accept any dross you serve up and still support you. The same mentality would be a supporters group singing the praises of the White Star Line as the Titanic goes down or the Barmy Army bragging about how much they sang as 5-0 was coming along in the last test.
SO not turning up when their team is serving up dross is the Aussie way is it?

That's why the grounds have been so empty in the last few years.

Do the Socceroos get any supporters at all?

Good job here are lots of East Europeans living in Australia or the tennis would have no support either
Old Dec 31st 2014, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Graylings take bait; I don't. See you at the MCG in February - you will be supporting your team rain, hail or shine of course.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

It says European Union at the top and below - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Colloquially known as a British passport.
Oh, OK. Here in the colonies it's usually called a UK passport, to distinguish it from "British Overseas Territories" (BOT) ones. I didn't know the UK one was ever called a Great Britain passport; that's why I asked.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Oh, OK. Here in the colonies it's usually called a UK passport, to distinguish it from "British Overseas Territories" (BOT) ones. I didn't know the UK one was ever called a Great Britain passport; that's why I asked.
You've learned something new mate.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

Forgive me for saying this, but the above shows more eloquently than I could ever put, what is wrong with Australian sporting culture. What you're saying is if you're not winning we'll stay away and you'll go broke..that's a very poor attitude indeed, and if that's what Beoz prefers to English sporting culture then he's welcome to it.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Forgive me for saying this, but the above shows more eloquently than I could ever put, what is wrong with Australian sporting culture. What you're saying is if you're not winning we'll stay away and you'll go broke..that's a very poor attitude indeed, and if that's what Beoz prefers to English sporting culture then he's welcome to it.
Are you sure English supporters turn up to everything in mass numbers despite how their team is doing or who they are playing?

Granted the Barmy Army does but its more of a holiday and a p*** up than anything else. I've sat in the Barmy Army and there is little cricket watched, especially after lunch when the mid strength starts kicking in. Great fun through.

Its far easier to get a ticket for Samoa v England at Twickers than it is for AB's v England. Where are the supporters for the Samoan game?

Same in Oz. In fact its was a lot harder to get a ticket to the French v Wallabies game at the Football Stadium than it was Wallabies v All Blacks at the crap stadium. I mean who wants to travel out to Sydney's deepest darkest western suburbs on a Saturday night when you can pop down to Paddo on a Saturday afternoon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.