The Cricket Thread

Old Dec 28th 2014, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
We clearly don't watch the same matches then. Remember the bad light last year? I don't doubt his skill, but as a bloke and a sportsman he's a shocker
You are clutching at straws now. I've got a list of Englishman a mile long playing conditions for their own sporting benefit. You could call it bad sportsmanship or competition. Your call but before you do ...... ......

Remember in 2005, Steve Harmison bowling fast bouncers at Justin Langer in the dark at the Oval. Not very sporting, given the sun had set. Or lets win the Ashes.???? Aussies are happy to settle with the later.

If not, you'll remember this. By the way, Stuart Broad should be your captain.

Stuart Broad - Absolute Champ or Deadset Chump - Round Eight
Old Dec 28th 2014, 1:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz
You are clutching at straws now. I've got a list of Englishman a mile long playing conditions for their own sporting benefit. You could call it bad sportsmanship or competition. Your call but before you do ...... ......

Remember in 2005, Steve Harmison bowling fast bouncers at Justin Langer in the dark at the Oval. Not very sporting, given the sun had set. Or lets win the Ashes.???? Aussies are happy to settle with the later.

If not, you'll remember this. By the way, Stuart Broad should be your captain.

Stuart Broad - Absolute Champ or Deadset Chump - Round Eight
You can't tell me I'm clutching at straws only to do the same yourself. I'm well aware that bad sportsmanship isn't a wholly Australian thing, but you lot seem to get wound up by the accusations far more than anyone else. If it winds you up so much stop crying when you lose . I reckon smith might just be the bloke to make Australian cricket popular outside Australia, now there's a bloke made of the right stuff imo

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Dec 28th 2014 at 2:48 am.
Old Dec 28th 2014, 3:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

You can't tell me I'm clutching at straws only to do the same yourself. I'm well aware that bad sportsmanship isn't a wholly Australian thing, but you lot seem to get wound up by the accusations far more than anyone else. If it winds you up so much stop crying when you lose . I reckon smith might just be the bloke to make Australian cricket popular outside Australia, now there's a bloke made of the right stuff imo
Yes it was so obvious where you were heading. Its not that hard forecast. Its the same old record.. Engerrrlanddd engeerland engerllannd.
Old Dec 28th 2014, 5:18 am
Account Closed

Yes it was so obvious where you were heading. Its not that hard forecast. Its the same old record.. Engerrrlanddd engeerland engerllannd.
You're not the only one yawning old son
Old Dec 28th 2014, 5:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

You're not the only one yawning old son
Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie..ZZzzzzz
Old Dec 28th 2014, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
You're playing India at home, not exactly hard to score runs and look good as captain.
Smith has over 1,100 runs in 2014 - i.e. not just performed well over the last few weeks against India.
Old Dec 28th 2014, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Grayling
Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie..ZZzzzzz
Stop it.
Old Dec 28th 2014, 7:30 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Stop it.
ZZZzzzzz!
Old Dec 28th 2014, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't notice then that my appraisal was mostly based on sportsmanship. Tell me you think Clarke is a good sportsman, without smirking . Pup only exudes confidence when he's winning, when he's losing he whinges and bitches like a little girl
Judging Clarke by his whole captainship - I thought he was absolutely exemplary when we lost 3-0 in the 1st Ashes. He never once complained, made excuses and praised his opposition and was very fair - even according to all the English media right down to Botham! No evidence of whingeing and bitching then.

I like someone to hurt when they lose; I don't like someone to just accept it with a stiff upper lip and 'play up, play up, play the game' and all that but each to their own.
Old Dec 28th 2014, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Judging Clarke by his whole captainship - I thought he was absolutely exemplary when we lost 3-0 in the 1st Ashes. He never once complained, made excuses and praised his opposition and was very fair - even according to all the English media right down to Botham! No evidence of whingeing and bitching then.

I like someone to hurt when they lose; I don't like someone to just accept it with a stiff upper lip and 'play up, play up, play the game' and all that but each to their own.
You can't dangle a carrot, only to whinge about it when things don't go your way - boycott on Clark . He's a twat, like I said smith has the makings of a decent captain and more importantly a good sportsman. I say more importantly because I personally cannot stick bad losers , they have a massive character flaw.
Old Dec 28th 2014, 10:27 pm
Account Closed

sing when you're winning, you only sing when you're winning, sin when you're wiiiinniing, you only sing when you're wiiiinniing. . But then you are Australian haha

The MCG is empty, is Melbourne having a lay in? Johnson mopping up I see

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Dec 28th 2014 at 10:34 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2014, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sing when you're winning, you only sing when you're winning, sin when you're wiiiinniing, you only sing when you're wiiiinniing. . But then you are Australian haha

The MCG is empty, is Melbourne having a lay in? Johnson mopping up I see
Without you Steve, this thread would be void of the English
Old Dec 28th 2014, 11:31 pm
Bitter and twisted

Without you Steve, this thread would be void of the English
No....you would still be posting and you are English
Old Dec 29th 2014, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Grayling
No....you would still be posting and you are English
Supporters ........ and I'm British
Old Dec 29th 2014, 12:15 am
Account Closed

Supporters ........ and I'm British
Which part of Britain?

Say what you like about warner, he's great to watch, not enough sluggers in the game.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.