The Cricket Thread

Old Dec 29th 2014, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Which part of Britain?

Say what you like about warner, he's great to watch, not enough sluggers in the game.
England ..... but the passport says Great Britain
Old Dec 29th 2014, 12:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz
England ..... but the passport says Great Britain
You're not ashamed of your Englishness are you??? We need another thread.. are you a norvener?

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Dec 29th 2014 at 12:59 am.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

You're not ashamed of your Englishness are you??? We need another thread.. are you a norvener?
Never lived in the North. Moved around a bit though. Very proud of my Britishness. Love England the country, the people, and happily live there. Just don't like England very much when it comes to sport. Sorry .... just the way it is.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 1:23 am
Account Closed

Never lived in the North. Moved around a bit though. Very proud of my Britishness. Love England the country, the people, and happily live there. Just don't like England very much when it comes to sport. Sorry .... just the way it is.
I don't get it I'll grant you, but each to his own and there's no need to apologize. That would be like me apologizing for being awesome. Still gonna hack you lots of shit about it though

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Dec 29th 2014 at 1:37 am.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sing when you're winning, you only sing when you're winning, sin when you're wiiiinniing, you only sing when you're wiiiinniing. . But then you are Australian haha

The MCG is empty, is Melbourne having a lay in? Johnson mopping up I see
15000-20000 apparently. Enough to sell out some international grounds. Does look like Melbourne stayed in bed today.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I'd just pop in for a score update...

Looks pretty even to me, so far!
Old Dec 29th 2014, 7:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I thought I'd just pop in for a score update...

Looks pretty even to me, so far!
I missed the afternoon. Micky Flanagan was on the box.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

15000-20000 apparently. Enough to sell out some international grounds. Does look like Melbourne stayed in bed today.
70,000 1st day; probably 150,000 at least for test - not many grounds manage a fraction of that for tests. (awaits comment that English grounds are quaint and have atmosphere with their smaller crowds whereas the MCG is a soulless concrete monstrosity)
Old Dec 29th 2014, 7:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by OzTennis
70,000 1st day; probably 150,000 at least for test - not many grounds manage a fraction of that for tests. (awaits comment that English grounds are quaint and have atmosphere with their smaller crowds whereas the MCG is a soulless concrete monstrosity)
Are the upper tiers of the MCG reserved for the chips?
Old Dec 29th 2014, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Are the upper tiers of the MCG reserved for the chips?
It's a 100,000 seater for footy finals, beating the Poms, Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, Boxing Day tests etc. English grounds would have been full with the apparently sparse crowd.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 9:13 am
Account Closed

It's a 100,000 seater for footy finals, beating the Poms, Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, Boxing Day tests etc. English grounds would have been full with the apparently sparse crowd.
I merely remarked that it looked empty, you're getting all bent out of shape, are you menstruating or something??
Old Dec 29th 2014, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Still poor. You guys in Melbourne are supposed to fill the MCG for a snails race.

Just been at the big bash. 25000. Oh the state of cricket.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I merely remarked that it looked empty, you're getting all bent out of shape, are you menstruating or something??
Shows how big it is when 10/15K and it looks empty. Usually get cr*p from English supporters about how superior their wee grounds are.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 7:22 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Shows how big it is when 10/15K and it looks empty. Usually get cr*p from English supporters about how superior their wee grounds are.
Just shows how crazy it is to play Australian cricket in such big grounds....the Australian 'supporters' don't even bother to show up unless they they think they are going to win....the English grounds have more atmosphere because they are not simply full of fair weather supporters
Old Dec 29th 2014, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I must say, did a boxing day test about 10 years ago. Not quite full but OK atmosphere. Went a few days later with 20000 and it felt weird. Like sitting in an empty cauldron. Bit like the Olympic stadium in Sydney. Just too big and doesn't draw enough people for many events. I refuse to go to things at the Olympic stadium in Syd. Its a big let down after the SCG and the SFS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.