The Cricket Thread

Old Mar 24th 2018, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by Beoz
I have it on good authority this is a set up by Marsh-Gate.

Watch this space.
Hence Smith's immediate and grovelling apology, yeah got set up written all over it.

I've always liked Smith, even if he can be a bit of a brat at times, but this is unforgiveable especially when the team has NEVER been cited for it in tha past. I think he was right when he says it'll never happen again under his leadership. What a stupid stupid boy.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Hence Smith's immediate and grovelling apology, yeah got set up written all over it.

I've always liked Smith, even if he can be a bit of a brat at times, but this is unforgiveable especially when the team has NEVER been cited for it in tha past. I think he was right when he says it'll never happen again under his leadership. What a stupid stupid boy.
Yes. Australia is very shocked, bemused, and grieving over this. We pride ourselves on playing the game hard and fair and leave the ball tampering to England, SA and Pakistan. Now you can say "welcome to our world"

We are now in the same tragic group as those mentioned above. Very very shameful.

Smith needs to resign.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 1:20 am
Account Closed

Yes. Australia is very shocked, bemused, and grieving over this. We pride ourselves on playing the game hard and fair and leave the ball tampering to England, SA and Pakistan. Now you can say "welcome to our world"

We are now in the same tragic group as those mentioned above. Very very shameful.

Smith needs to resign.
I've never been cited for pissing in public, but I've done it. Plus I don't go round condemning people that've been caught either.

Deflecting it by saying everyone else is at it is precisely my reason for saying it wasn't an excuse in an earlier post. This goes up to coach level and you know it, the holier than thou image is/was a sham. Kind of makes you lot worse really.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been cited for pissing in public, but I've done it. Plus I don't go round condemning people that've been caught either.

Deflecting it by saying everyone else is at it is precisely my reason for saying it wasn't an excuse in an earlier post. This goes up to coach level and you know it, the holier than thou image is/was a sham. Kind of makes you lot worse really.
Isn't it funny how its the English to pounce all over this given their history

Atherton pocket dirt
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/1511763.stm

The mint / ball tampering during the 2005 Ashes.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/7579005.stm

The Anderson Broad cheating of 2010.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/6943182/Michael-Vaughan-Englands-James-Anderson-lucky-to-escape-ban-for-ball-tampering.html

Given Michael Vaughan's dismal record of being part of mint-gate, he has no right in his tweets to say what he does, and given you support England and your record is the most shameful of all, nor do you.

I don't know of a single Australian supporter who believes Smith should remain as captain given the information we know. It's shameful and has no place in an Australian cricket team. The only saving grace, and it's a small saving grace at that, is that our record is cleaner than yours.

Might be time for you to disappear before you are reminded of your record every time you try a dig.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 4:42 am
Account Closed

Isn't it funny how its the English to pounce all over this given their history

Atherton pocket dirt
BBC SPORT | CRICKET� | Atherton's darkest day

The mint / ball tampering during the 2005 Ashes.
BBC SPORT | Cricket | Trescothick makes ball revelation

The Anderson Broad cheating of 2010.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...tampering.html

Given Michael Vaughan's dismal record of being part of mint-gate, he has no right in his tweets to say what he does, and given you support England and your record is the most shameful of all, nor do you.

I don't know of a single Australian supporter who believes Smith should remain as captain given the information we know. It's shameful and has no place in an Australian cricket team. The only saving grace, and it's a small saving grace at that, is that our record is cleaner than yours.

Might be time for you to disappear before you are reminded of your record every time you try a dig.
Might be time for you to shush for a while and contemplate the fact that all you thought to be true about the Aussie team, was bollocks. Never claimed the England were whiter than white, but you claimed Australia were, that's a pretty humungous difference. Bit like a high ranking politician preaching family values and then getting one of his staffers pregnant.

Anyone who thinks it's the deed itself which has caused the uproar (such as yourself) is dilluded. The cricket world held Australia right up there in the play hard play fair stakes, but as it turns out you're the worst of the lot. Enjoy wearing your new crown Bozo, most disappointing team in world cricket. Thanks for taking the spotlight off of England

Underarm bowling clip at the ready hahaha
Old Mar 25th 2018, 5:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

This

Australia have been at it for years but now they've been caught red-handed
Old Mar 25th 2018, 5:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

So who's in the 'leadership group'? Warner definitely. Starc? Hazlewood? Lyon?

Smith is going to get the boot and as they are part of this, err, 'leadership group' none of those other individuals can realistically take over. So who gets the gig? Marsh?

Lehmann may not have been part of the ball tampering decision but he was part of the attempted cover-up. So what happens to him? Langer would make a good national coach

What a cluster-f**k
Old Mar 25th 2018, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
This

Australia have been at it for years but now they've been caught red-handed
Proof? Yeah thought not.

Isn't it funny again, we won't tolerate cheating, and we will make sure Smith loses the captaincy.

On the other hand, Du Plessis gets done twice for ball tampering, South Africans applaude it and make him captain.

Just shows the quality of the 2 countries.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 6:20 am
Account Closed

Proof? Yeah thought not.

Isn't it funny again, we won't tolerate cheating, and we will make sure Smith loses the captaincy.

On the other hand, Du Plessis gets done twice for ball tampering, South Africans applaude it and make him captain.

You'd have tolerated it if it wasn't on television
Old Mar 25th 2018, 7:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Proof? Yeah thought not.

Du Plessis got done by the ICC and currently has demerit points hanging over him. He denied, and still denies, the charge. Smith admitted to premeditated ball-tampering. He and his, err, 'leadership group' discussed it beforehand and went through with it. His words. Big, big difference

Interestingly, ball tampering is not considered a serious offence by the ICC - hence the one match bans (not even that sometimes, just 100% match fee). The public and press, rightly or wrongly, see it differently. In this case, Australia is turning against their cricket team. When the Prime Minister is calling for the captain's head, you know it's in a different league and all bets are off. There's the real issue right there champ

Australia 'quality'? Yes, they have some 'quality' batsmen and bowlers, but that's it. Everything else about them is the antithesis of quality. Attitudes, sledging, actions, the frowns, primadonnaness - all distinctly un-quality. Australia are a combination of modern Manchester United and spoilt bastard from Viz - the most hated team in world cricket
Old Mar 25th 2018, 7:31 am
Proudly Deplorable

You'd have tolerated it if it wasn't on television
Yes
Old Mar 25th 2018, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Smith needs to resign.
Indeed.

I think a few more, i.e. the leadership team, will be given marching orders.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 8:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

According to Cricinfo, Smith and Warner have stood down as captain and vice-captain

I wasn't expecting that
Old Mar 25th 2018, 8:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

I hope that SA use all this cluster-f**king to their advantage and smash the living daylights out of Australia
Old Mar 25th 2018, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I hope that SA use all this cluster-f**king to their advantage and smash the living daylights out of Australia
Just watching live play now, it can only go one way i.e.for S.A. to win this one.

They still have to win the next test or draw, for a first S.A. series victory against Australia since re-admission,amazingly, even though S.A. have beaten Australia in Oz a few times.

Interesting to watch...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.