The Cricket Thread

Old Mar 26th 2018, 12:12 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
All very true and ball tampery, but this isn't about Anderson, Broad, Atherton or anyone else you'd like to deflect attention to. Your team touted itself as beyond reproach in the lying and cheating stakes and they've been found out as liars and cheats. Makes you wonder what else they've done and got away with.

Suck it up Princess, this is all about you, enjoy the limelight
Bancroft (sugar boy)? Maybe he's diabetic?
Warner's hand strapping in the 1st test? Even before the current shitstorm there were questions about this
Old Mar 26th 2018, 12:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a cricket fan but I'm slightly confused by this cheating lark. Why were they allowed to 'stand down'? Why were they not sacked? Why give them the choice of what to do? Why are the matches continuing? Why don't they just send the Australian team home and be done with it? Lots of shouting and whinging about behaviour but then everyone seems to carry on, nothing to see here.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 1:04 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Not a cricket fan but I'm slightly confused by this cheating lark. Why were they allowed to 'stand down'? Why were they not sacked? Why give them the choice of what to do? Why are the matches continuing? Why don't they just send the Australian team home and be done with it? Lots of shouting and whinging about behaviour but then everyone seems to carry on, nothing to see here.
They deserve to be punished but not sacked - it's a level 2 offence under ICC rules (aka not that serious)

I would imagine that they were stood down by management. There are no substitutes possible for bowling or batting in cricket so they needed to play in order for the match to be concluded - there is another team involved

The matches are continuing as they are in a test series and tickets have been sold to people who want to go and watch. There are also TV rights involved - aka money that makes the sport possible

In cricket, punishment for misbehaviour or misdemeanours come after the game has finished. That's how it's done

'nothing to see here'? You ain't seen nothing yet! This is going to go off

Last edited by Amazulu; Mar 26th 2018 at 1:55 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 2:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
They deserve to be punished but not sacked - it's a level 2 offence under ICC rules (aka not that serious)

I would imagine that they were stood down by management. There are no substitutes possible for bowling or batting in cricket so they needed to play in order for the match to be concluded - there is another team involved

The matches are continuing as they are in a test series and tickets have been sold to people who want to go and watch. There are also TV rights involved - aka money that makes the sport possible

In cricket, punishment for misbehaviour or misdemeanours come after the game has finished. That's how it's done

'nothing to see here'? You ain't seen nothing yet! This is going to go off
Fair enough. Cheers for that.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz
My sportsmanship is fine. I have declared my ball tampering disgust. You haven't. There lies your problem to solve.
Judging by the number of things that go over your head, I'd guess you're about the height of a pre-teen Oompa Loompa
Old Mar 26th 2018, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
On a lighter note Dymocks Brisbane have placed Steve Smith's Autobiography in the true crime section, it did make me chortle just a little.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by the number of things that go over your head, I'd guess you're about the height of a pre-teen Oompa Loompa
Judging by your disappearing act during the Ashes this thread went right over your head. ....... welcome back ..... you only come back to be an angry Stevie right? Is this your pay back for the Ashes? If so what a spiteful little man you are.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
On a lighter note Dymocks Brisbane have placed Steve Smith's Autobiography in the true crime section, it did make me chortle just a little.

Cricket Australia rushing in a new captain. "Its been a childhood dream"
Old Mar 26th 2018, 10:47 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Just passing through. I normally post in the Canada section and Locker room.

Anyway I just wanted to add that there is an investigation into the ball tampering events so there will likely be much stiffer punishments dished out down the line.

I'm a cricket head and my take is the whole thing must be very embarrassing for the Australians. There should be harsher punishments for damaging the ball with foreign objects and the game needs to address this moving forward.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts entirely at first. Send the lot home in disgrace and make a stand for sport for a change and not just the corruptive money side of it. But alias, that is precisely why it wouldn't happen. Sport has long been corrupted with the money involved and a business rather than a game.

I suspect the contractual agreements with regards to games played, players income, tickets sold, will all play a part.

I still think very long bans are deserved on the captain and key players though. Corruption is rampant through our society. From politics to banks. From real estate to employment. Sport just another facet of the increasing do whatever is necessary to win ethos, just don't get found out.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 3:25 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

The entertainment factor is high, well played chaps, I thought I was getting bored with the seemingly endless cricket season.

Judgement day tomorrow apparently. Boofhead/Shrek will go for sure.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Just passing through. I normally post in the Canada section and Locker room.

Anyway I just wanted to add that there is an investigation into the ball tampering events so there will likely be much stiffer punishments dished out down the line.

I'm a cricket head and my take is the whole thing must be very embarrassing for the Australians. There should be harsher punishments for damaging the ball with foreign objects and the game needs to address this moving forward.
Thanks for popping by to the Oz forum. 😊

A simple solution would be to make sure the ball is handed to the square leg umpire at the end of each over. He then inspects it and then gives it to the bowler at his end at the commencement of the next over.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 6:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Beoz
Judging by your disappearing act during the Ashes this thread went right over your head. ....... welcome back ..... you only come back to be an angry Stevie right? Is this your pay back for the Ashes? If so what a spiteful little man you are.
Oh a magnificent bite, we may need a bigger boat. A wide mouth bass if memory serves.

Pay back for the ashes, you have an inflated view of my importance as well as your own.

Brilliant You literally got all uppety about being compared to an oompa loompa, this'll keep me chuckling for a while, I might leave you alone for a bit
Attached Thumbnails The Cricket Thread-strike.jpg  

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Mar 27th 2018 at 6:52 am.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 6:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Bancroft (sugar boy)? Maybe he's diabetic?
Warner's hand strapping in the 1st test? Even before the current shitstorm there were questions about this
Old Mar 27th 2018, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh a magnificent bite, we may need a bigger boat. A wide mouth bass if memory serves.

Pay back for the ashes, you have an inflated view of my importance as well as your own.

Brilliant You literally got all uppety about being compared to an oompa loompa, this'll keep me chuckling for a while, I might leave you alone for a bit
So that's it then. It's all about being bitter and twisted. Awesome. Good to know. Found you out. Too easy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.