Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old Sep 17th 2010, 4:26 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Sorry I'm a bit behind the story but this sprang to mind:

And with that, goodnight and thank you.
Cute
Old Sep 17th 2010, 4:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Sorry I'm a bit behind the story but this sprang to mind:

And with that, goodnight and thank you.
oooh its a few years since that picture appeared on here.....I have a very disturbing image of her and Bernie now........
Old Sep 17th 2010, 4:29 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Cute
Would she sit still while you're watching the football though?!!

It puts a whole new perspective on that pm you sent about watching Leeeeds in the Sheep
Old Sep 17th 2010, 4:44 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Would she sit still while you're watching the football though?!!

It puts a whole new perspective on that pm you sent about watching Leeeeds in the Sheep
Indeed

COME ON YOU LEEEEEEEEEDS !!!!!!!!

PS,surely my week cant possibly get any worse
Old Sep 17th 2010, 4:48 am
Home and Happy

Indeed

I'll keep everything crossed.

As you say, something has to go right
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:56 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Polly,

Just been reading the end of the complaints thread over in the immi forum,oh dear Can just see Dorothy upping sticks.

Personally wondering if being as security cleared as I am and have been might be a disadvantage
Old Sep 17th 2010, 7:13 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Polly,

Just been reading the end of the complaints thread over in the immi forum,oh dear Can just see Dorothy upping sticks.

Personally wondering if being as security cleared as I am and have been might be a disadvantage
Shouldn't come into it for the visa. Unless DIAC have cause to ask for extra security checks as a result of anything in your application they are unlikely to do Security Checks with the UK - low risk country You should just have to supply police checks and thats the end of it.
Most of the problems in the Immi forum are with High Risk countries - Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, anywhere like that where its normal practice for DIAC to do security checks. DIAC send the request to ASIO who then forward it to the security dept in the country concerned. For some reason many posters won't accept that the problem lies with their own country, they seem to think that DIAC and ASIO are not processing checks for them and are holding up the applications because of the nationality. The reality is that their home countries take ages to reply, and its out of DIAC's control.

When you get over here if you go into a job needing security checks (ADF for instance) then it will be long-drawn out, but I think thats one reason for citizenship being granted quicker if you join the Forces. When there was talk of me doing one the decision came down against it because of the long timeline and the cost. If they did need to do one on you for work purposes though the result might come back quicker due to the background already being in place from your previous clearances.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 7:34 am
Home and Happy

Indeed

Well the football is certainly nerve-wracking so far! How is the Sheep I wonder?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 7:48 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't come into it for the visa. Unless DIAC have cause to ask for extra security checks as a result of anything in your application they are unlikely to do Security Checks with the UK - low risk country You should just have to supply police checks and thats the end of it.
Most of the problems in the Immi forum are with High Risk countries - Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, anywhere like that where its normal practice for DIAC to do security checks. DIAC send the request to ASIO who then forward it to the security dept in the country concerned. For some reason many posters won't accept that the problem lies with their own country, they seem to think that DIAC and ASIO are not processing checks for them and are holding up the applications because of the nationality. The reality is that their home countries take ages to reply, and its out of DIAC's control.

When you get over here if you go into a job needing security checks (ADF for instance) then it will be long-drawn out, but I think thats one reason for citizenship being granted quicker if you join the Forces. When there was talk of me doing one the decision came down against it because of the long timeline and the cost. If they did need to do one on you for work purposes though the result might come back quicker due to the background already being in place from your previous clearances.
Apparently there's a 6 month window in which to transfer UK SC straight over,
plenty of time for that though

who Leeds playing?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:00 am
Home and Happy

Apparently there's a 6 month window in which to transfer UK SC straight over,
plenty of time for that though

who Leeds playing?
Doncaster....pretty lively match too, must be giving the Barfly a few nervous moments
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:28 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Doncaster....pretty lively match too, must be giving the Barfly a few nervous moments
can his old heart cope?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:35 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

can his old heart cope?
I'll rescucitate him
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:43 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by rasen78
I'll rescucitate him
He'd like that! Leeds managed a draw so he is probably staggering home singing happily to himself

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 17th 2010 at 6:31 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 12:49 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Cute

Wel, dyma i chi ddefaid da!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:22 pm
FREE TIBET

He'd like that! Leeds managed a draw so he is probably staggering home singing happily to himself
The passengers on the tube enjoyed my renditions of a song i dont remember

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.