Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old Sep 18th 2011, 5:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Great weekend of beer and football............Forest and Arsenal let the side down, but I think Leeeeeeds made up for it......Bernie was a little happy when he got their result! Put him off his arm-wrestling contest though
Attached Thumbnails Comfortably numb......-p1040891.jpg   Comfortably numb......-p1040904.jpg   Comfortably numb......-p1040905.jpg   Comfortably numb......-p1040895.jpg   Comfortably numb......-p1040897.jpg  

Old Sep 18th 2011, 8:37 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Great weekend of beer and football............Forest and Arsenal let the side down, but I think Leeeeeeds made up for it......Bernie was a little happy when he got their result! Put him off his arm-wrestling contest though
It was the milk that did it
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:06 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
It was the milk that did it
Old Sep 20th 2011, 2:31 am
Home and Happy

Another long-held wish fulfilled, visiting the oldest Inn in England.....and it was fantastic, every bit as good as I imagined, little nooks and crannies cut into the rock. Would have been a great place to explore for the whole afternoon - different beer in each nook!
Attached Thumbnails Comfortably numb......-p1040916.jpg   Comfortably numb......-p1040910.jpg   Comfortably numb......-p1040911.jpg   Comfortably numb......-p1040913.jpg   Comfortably numb......-p1040914.jpg  

Old Sep 20th 2011, 7:59 pm
Home and Happy

Ahhh what it is to be loved! I'm in the UK cos its my youngest niece's 11th birthday, plus she is getting confirmed and I'm her (Witchy) Godmother. So we've all kept it a secret ever since April, I've even been in the UK since Friday without her knowing. Sister picked me up at the station having told {Pumpkin she was off to the bank, when we got back she got me to ring the doorbell.
Older niece said she had real problems getting Pumpkin to go and answer the door, cos she kept saying "ït'll just be some old git collecting something and being boring!" So Pumpkin finally trails out to the door with her best "Ï'm not talking to boring gits" face........only to find me on the doorstep
Absolute classic, lost for words for once in her life, stood there like a stranded goldfish opening and closing her mouth
Next morning and she is still walking round gazing at me in disbelief and looking stunned - interspersed with the occasional stamping of a foot and muttering of "I can't believe everyone knew and you didn't TELL me" Apparently she doesn't want anything else for her birthday now, I'm better than any presents
Old Sep 20th 2011, 8:16 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh what it is to be loved! I'm in the UK cos its my youngest niece's 11th birthday, plus she is getting confirmed and I'm her (Witchy) Godmother. So we've all kept it a secret ever since April, I've even been in the UK since Friday without her knowing. Sister picked me up at the station having told {Pumpkin she was off to the bank, when we got back she got me to ring the doorbell.
Older niece said she had real problems getting Pumpkin to go and answer the door, cos she kept saying "ït'll just be some old git collecting something and being boring!" So Pumpkin finally trails out to the door with her best "Ï'm not talking to boring gits" face........only to find me on the doorstep
Absolute classic, lost for words for once in her life, stood there like a stranded goldfish opening and closing her mouth
Next morning and she is still walking round gazing at me in disbelief and looking stunned - interspersed with the occasional stamping of a foot and muttering of "I can't believe everyone knew and you didn't TELL me" Apparently she doesn't want anything else for her birthday now, I'm better than any presents
What a lovely surprise. Money can't buy happiness. Having family that cares stretches thousands of miles

Great to see you're enjoying yourself and so is your family
Old Sep 20th 2011, 8:39 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Luv the oldey worldey pub pics, saw them on fb, they are lovely.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 3:58 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

Luv the oldey worldey pub pics, saw them on fb, they are lovely.
Its a brilliant pub, Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem, dates back 800 years. You can actually sit in nooks in the rock face. Nagged Bernie like mad about going there cos I've wanted to go there for as long as I can remember Love to go back at night, I reckon it'd be really spooky
Old Sep 25th 2011, 10:14 pm
Home and Happy

Now I know why I have neither kids nor a TV.........a double dose of Hamster Montana, with an episode of Snot & Bogey in the middle
My niece has decided that the excitement of having me here is all too much so she has a "bit of a headache" and thinks she "feels too weak to go to school" bless her!!! Crafty git, I obviously taught her too well So Aunty gets to child-sit, and has to suffer the unutterable drivel on TV at the same time
Old Sep 25th 2011, 10:17 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Now I know why I have neither kids nor a TV.........a double dose of Hamster Montana, with an episode of Snot & Bogey in the middle
My niece has decided that the excitement of having me here is all too much so she has a "bit of a headache" and thinks she "feels too weak to go to school" bless her!!! Crafty git, I obviously taught her too well So Aunty gets to child-sit, and has to suffer the unutterable drivel on TV at the same time
You should be used to that drivel,you do live in oz.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 10:28 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
You should be used to that drivel,you do live in oz.
I don't have to watch it there though, that's the reason I don't have a TV

Must say my niece is doing a very good impression of me at the same age, languishing on the sofa surrounded by toys and books (and her new phone and kindle ) chattering away while I'm in the room but as soon as her mum appears she lies back on the cushions looking weak and feeble and coughing a little Her mum then says things like "maybe you should have tomorrow off school too"and goes away looking concerned, at which point Madam perks up and starts frantically texting her friends again
Old Sep 26th 2011, 12:00 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Its a brilliant pub, Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem, dates back 800 years. You can actually sit in nooks in the rock face. Nagged Bernie like mad about going there cos I've wanted to go there for as long as I can remember Love to go back at night, I reckon it'd be really spooky
It's a very impressive building, I have to say.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 1:42 am
Home and Happy

Daily Mail ‘written entirely by illegal immigrants’

In a shock to the publishing world, the Telegraph newspaper claims to have evidence that the Daily Mail is not in fact written by right-wing British journalists, but by illegal immigrants working for a pittance in inner-city sweat shops.
When pressed for comment, a spokesman for the Mail replied ‘No speaky! No speaky!’ and ran off into the forest.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 1:51 am

Ello everybudy.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 1:53 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Ello everybudy.
Ello sweetie, hows fings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.