Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old Sep 12th 2010, 7:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
That'll be "call the hands" and "kit muster", ya sand eating, french speaking, camel shagging land lubber

Got rid of your hangover yet?
Old Sep 12th 2010, 7:32 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Right today I will give full marks to Australia Post (for once) for being exceptionally helpful with my foreign passport application - which was complicated by the fact that the Passport Office insist on either a driving licence or a second guarantor/set of photos and helpfully do not put this piece of info on the online form
Full marks to Qantas who changed my name on my flight booking AND on my Frequent Flyer account with no fuss and no need for a pile of ID
And a kick where it hurts to Westpac who informed me they cannot change the name on my credit card, I will need to get a new account and transfer the balance to that, and produce a divorce certificate in order to change my name - oh and they can't possibly transfer any points on the card "because ÿou will be a different person"- errrrr no, just have a different surname...at that point she gave me a look that suggested she left her one brain cell on the bus this morning so I gave up and went ot the pub instead.

The Passport office may redeem themselves if they manage to get the passport back in the promised 2 weeks, otherwise I may have to get the spell book out.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:42 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

she gave me a look that suggested she left her one brain cell on the bus
I knew a family of 4 who shared the one brain cell. I wonder if they are related?
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:47 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
I knew a family of 4 who shared the one brain cell. I wonder if they are related?
Could well be I despaired of getting any sense out of her. i always thought the Heritage was the pits of financial instituations here, but I think she'd even struggle to get a job there.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:57 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And a kick where it hurts to Westpac who informed me they cannot change the name on my credit card, I will need to get a new account and transfer the balance to that, and produce a divorce certificate in order to change my name - oh and they can't possibly transfer any points on the card "because ÿou will be a different person"- errrrr no, just have a different surname...at that point she gave me a look that suggested she left her one brain cell on the bus this morning so I gave up and went ot the pub instead.
Is it compulsory to maintain an account/credit card with them? I'd save yourself the stress.

Feel my own banking rant coming on - must stop, see post #4916 instead;

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...23264&page=328
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:59 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by expatasia
Is it compulsory to maintain an account/credit card with them? I'd save yourself the stress.

Feel my own banking rant coming on - must stop, see post #4916 instead;

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...23264&page=328
Wellllll I'm very tempted to make that one the "pay it off and dump it" card. The annoying thing (and the only reason I got it in the first place) is that its really good for Qantas Frequent Flyer points, and I get a lot of upgrades on points, need to review if anyone else has a better Qantas deal going now :sneaky;
Old Sep 12th 2010, 10:36 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Are we still allowed to talk complete crap on this thread, or is there a theme going on now?
Old Sep 12th 2010, 10:50 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Are we still allowed to talk complete crap on this thread, or is there a theme going on now?
You can talk whatever you want Twas just a handy place for me to let off steam about effing Qld red tape .......
Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:09 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

You can talk whatever you want Twas just a handy place for me to let off steam about effing Qld red tape .......
- just feeling in a 'crap talking' kinda mood tonight!!! (know how I usually always talk sensibly and sane ).

So what's happning anyhoo?
Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:44 am
Home and Happy

- just feeling in a 'crap talking' kinda mood tonight!!! (know how I usually always talk sensibly and sane ).

So what's happning anyhoo?
booger all round here! Having a scintillating conversation with myself cos there's no-one here to talk to - went to the pub earlier, no-one there either, must've known I was coming!! When do your family get here?
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:03 am

booger all round here! Having a scintillating conversation with myself cos there's no-one here to talk to - went to the pub earlier, no-one there either, must've known I was coming!! When do your family get here?

I have my in-laws arriving the first week of Oct - they are here for 8 weeks, though staying with us and my sis in law in turns, so not so bad. My in-laws are brilliant people, so really looking forward to it.

My family are here the first week of Dec, for 5 weeks, can't wait.

You and Berbs still coming over here at new year? New years day for yer dinner if you'd prefer, the offer is still there Polls.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:06 am
Home and Happy

I have my in-laws arriving the first week of Oct - they are here for 8 weeks, though staying with us and my sis in law in turns, so not so bad. My in-laws are brilliant people, so really looking forward to it.

My family are here the first week of Dec, for 5 weeks, can't wait.

You and Berbs still coming over here at new year? New years day for yer dinner if you'd prefer, the offer is still there Polls.
Errrr.....better speak to Berbie about that one.....keep the beer on ice for a while

You'll have a ball with the family though
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:10 am

Errrr.....better speak to Berbie about that one.....keep the beer on ice for a while

You'll have a ball with the family though
We are easy, just that Berbs asked me if you guys could come over at New year and I said of course. I fully understand he'll be lying in a ditch someplace and probs won't make it anyway.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:13 am
Home and Happy

We are easy, just that Berbs asked me if you guys could come over at New year and I said of course. I fully understand he'll be lying in a ditch someplace and probs won't make it anyway.
I know, he said if he was going I'd HAVE to go too, like we come as a package would've been fun too. I suspect though he'll be lying somewhere on New years Day but it may not be in Queensland
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:28 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I know, he said if he was going I'd HAVE to go too, like we come as a package would've been fun too. I suspect though he'll be lying somewhere on New years Day but it may not be in Queensland
Hopefully in the arms of a nubile young lady

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.