Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old Jan 24th 2011, 2:30 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Cos if I move the curtain to take pics without it then Perdita takes off like a ----errr-----possum out of hell!

My place has no flyscreens owing to having a tight git of a landlord, so I need a hippy-trendy-bead-curtain to keep out the nasties They are actually in the Barfly's fave perching position on the back porch, wonder how they'll like sharing it when he gets back
they're cute mate expecially the one that has a cool possum backpack
Old Jan 24th 2011, 2:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
they're cute mate expecially the one that has a cool possum backpack
The two adults have been visiting for a while. So freaky last night cos I looked out and there's one of them sat there chewing a bit of apple - but I could see two pairs of eyes! She'd got the baby on her back, just soooo cute I was on the phone to my sister at the time and I started saying "ÖMG she's got a baby!" Poor sis thought I had a mate here gone into labour or something

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 24th 2011 at 2:59 am.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 2:52 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

The two adults have been visiting for a while. So freaky last night cos I looked out and there's one of them sat there chewing a bit of apple - but I could see two pairs of eyes! She'd got the baby on her back, just soooo cute I was on the phone to my suster at the time and I started saying "ÖMG she's got a baby!" Poor sis thought I had a mate here gone into labour or something
you are so lucky to have them as neighbours mate. I just have the run of the mill Aussie's living next door to me
Old Jan 24th 2011, 3:01 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

you are so lucky to have them as neighbours mate. I just have the run of the mill Aussie's living next door to me
I feel really honoured every time they turn up, I must admit. Certainly not what I expected living in the city
Old Jan 24th 2011, 3:04 am

I feel really honoured every time they turn up, I must admit. Certainly not what I expected living in the city
and they must trust you especially with the baby
Old Jan 24th 2011, 3:48 am
Home and Happy

and they must trust you especially with the baby
I'd rather be trusted with a baby possum than with a human one
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:39 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather be trusted with a baby possum than with a human one
the feelings mutual

anyway on a more manly note, the flat is now almot up to modern living i.e I have a working DVD player and a freesat box courtesy of the landlord.

Now if I can just get them to replace the ancient 28" crt tv with something bigger and flatter I'm in :smile:
Old Jan 24th 2011, 9:39 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
the feelings mutual

anyway on a more manly note, the flat is now almot up to modern living i.e I have a working DVD player and a freesat box courtesy of the landlord.

Now if I can just get them to replace the ancient 28" crt tv with something bigger and flatter I'm in :smile:
And a topless waitress to ferry the beer from the fridge

I was a big success the last time I had to look after a baby - my sister handed my my screaming niece, at her christening, and told me to see if I had any magic way of stopping her from yelling. Finger dipped repeatedly in wine, then stuffed into mouth of baby worked a treat and she slept like a log for hours

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 25th 2011 at 3:12 am.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:25 am
Home and Happy

Tonight's adventures on Witch Mountain......

Perdita turns up at breakneck pace with small offspring hanging on for dear life and proceeds to chew her way through a pile of apple pieces.
Pepper decides life as a backpack really isn't up to much, especially on the food front and tries to take piece of apple out of Perdita's mouth, while clinging on to her ear with the other front paw.
Perdita ignores Pepper and continues to chew.
Pepper thinks "sod this", slides sideways off mum's back, landing with a thud on the porch, seizes his own piece of apple and retreats behind the No Broomstick Waiting cone where he manages to consume nearly his own body weight in fruit before being soundly cuffed round the ear by mum and ordered to resume the normal backpack position
Mum then departs towards their tree chattering angrily all the way, with little squeaks in the background, presumably from recalcitrant child possum
Attached Thumbnails Comfortably numb......-p1030088.jpg   Comfortably numb......-25-jan-pepper-9-.jpg   Comfortably numb......-25-jan-pepper-5-.jpg   Comfortably numb......-25-jan-pepper-12-.jpg   Comfortably numb......-25-jan-pepper-13-.jpg  

Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:50 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Perdita turns up at breakneck pace with small offspring hanging on for dear life and proceeds to chew her way through a pile of apple pieces.
Pepper decides life as a backpack really isn't up to much, especially on the food front and tries to take piece of apple out of Perdita's mouth, while clinging on to her ear with the other front paw.
Pepper thinks "sod this", slides sideways off mum's back, landing with a thud on the porch, seizes his own piece of apple and retreats behind the No Broomstick Waiting cone where he manages to consume nearly his own body weight in fruit before being soundly cuffed round the ear by mum and ordered to resume the normal backpack position
Mum then departs towards their tree chattering angrily all the way, with little squeaks in the background, presumably from recalcitrant child possum
think I'll stick to sitting on sofa watching footie, even if we're not winning yet
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:56 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Could the possum send some tips on chldcare ths way please? I have a recalcitrant child who is refusing to go to bed She is NOT tired.....she insists, while rubbing her eyes constantly and barely able to keep them open.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:57 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
think I'll stick to sitting on sofa watching footie, even if we're not winning yet
We are
Old Jan 25th 2011, 8:01 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by rasen78
Could the possum send some tips on chldcare ths way please? I have a recalcitrant child who is refusing to go to bed She is NOT tired.....she insists, while rubbing her eyes constantly and barely able to keep them open.
I'll ask Perdita next time she comes past! It was really funny watching her try and keep Pepper in order, he kept reaching round to try and pinch the apple she was nibbling and she would just bat him with a paw while still nibbling! He obviously got fed up, waited till she was happy chewing then nipped off to find his own apple
Must leave some in the sun today so it ferments into cider, then offer it to him tonight

My own advice with your littlún? Milky coffee - like my mum used to make - with small glass of Drambuie added - my Gran used to sneak that in behind Mum's back, wonderful stuff!!!!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 8:56 am
Home and Happy

We are
Oh what a truly beautiful night for football....one has to enjoy these small victories

Somewhere in London there is an Irishman swearing a lot
Attached Thumbnails Comfortably numb......-bbc-sport-football-npower-football-league-championship-table_1295992040760.png  
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:28 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How will you be spending Australia Day?

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
As long as you know the offside rule
I think it's something to do with football?

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 26th 2011 at 5:27 am. Reason: Offtopic posts moved from the Australia Day thread :o

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.