Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Old Dec 9th 2016, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Originally Posted by Beoz
I think it would be unlikely they would deport anyone from the EU who currently lives in the UK.

When they changed the rules on Ancestry or Working Holiday visas, they never deported existing holders or those who had moved on to residency or citizenship.

I use Polish as an example. It could be any other of the poorer countries in the EU. But interestingly working Poles do contribute to tax and do take on the lower paid jobs.

Even in London, I have seen businesses (engineering) employ eastern europeans over western europeans, simply because they will accept a lower salary, which does bring the overall salary down for everyone else as a result.

I wonder if making it easier for businesses to find lower paid workers increases the wealth gap. The very wealth gap the left bang on about.

Perhaps its more beneficial for the UK to increase the lower end salaries or minimum wage by restricting supply and demand. Less family tax credits as a result.

Food for thought.
1 Poles don't stay in low paid jobs - they are upwardly mobile, your analysis assumes they remain in low paid jobs which they don't e.g. among the ones I know, some graduates, they've started off in manual labouring and quickly move on to better paid work. Search 'Poles in the UK' and you'll see their children generally do very well at school.

2 I'm not sure why you are concerned with the 'wealth gap'. We have ways to reduce the 'wealth gap' but there's not the will with right wing governments who give think the better off have earned it and they give enough 'handouts' to the not so well off who won't get off their backside.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I think it would be unlikely they would deport anyone from the EU who currently lives in the UK.
Well we don't know do we what the plans are 6 months after the referendum?
Old Dec 9th 2016, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
1 Poles don't stay in low paid jobs - they are upwardly mobile, your analysis assumes they remain in low paid jobs which they don't e.g. among the ones I know, some graduates, they've started off in manual labouring and quickly move on to better paid work. Search 'Poles in the UK' and you'll see their children generally do very well at school.

2 I'm not sure why you are concerned with the 'wealth gap'. We have ways to reduce the 'wealth gap' but there's not the will with right wing governments who give think the better off have earned it and they give enough 'handouts' to the not so well off who won't get off their backside.
1. See my notes on engineering in london dumb ass.

2. I'm not. The left is. Are you left?
Old Dec 9th 2016, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

1. See my notes on engineering in london dumb ass.

2. I'm not. The left is. Are you left?
1 You are not concerned with the wealth gap? Says it all really.

2 I'm meant to read into what you meant about your experience in London when you are talking about Poles taking low paid jobs am I?
Old Dec 9th 2016, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

1 You are not concerned with the wealth gap? Says it all really.

2 I'm meant to read into what you meant about your experience in London when you are talking about Poles taking low paid jobs am I?
Are you concerned about the wealth gap? Are you taking on board what I said about it. Care to discuss?

Tell me this. Do you agree with global borderless countries?

Interesting topic?
Old Dec 9th 2016, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you concerned about the wealth gap? Are you taking on board what I said about it. Care to discuss?

Tell me this. Do you agree with global borderless countries?

Interesting topic?
You said you are not interested in the wealth gap and you are clearly in favour of it by all your posts so I see no point in discussing it? You could start with 1% of the world's population owns 99% of the wealth - in favour or is that unfair, unjust and unhealthy?

There's no such thing as global borderless countries and it has nothing to do with the Liberal Government in Australia which this thread is about (I only raised Brexit it as you did and I replied to you and you keep going around in circles and making new points when you can't reply to previous ones).

It's also rather scary that you are replying to BE threads at an ungodly hour in eastern Sydney.

Last edited by OzTennis; Dec 9th 2016 at 4:26 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2016, 1:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You said you are not interested in the wealth gap and you are clearly in favour of it by all your posts so I see no point in discussing it? You could start with 1% of the world's population owns 99% of the wealth - in favour or is that unfair, unjust and unhealthy?

There's no such thing as global borderless countries and it has nothing to do with the Liberal Government in Australia which this thread is about (I only raised Brexit it as you did and I replied to you and you keep going around in circles and making new points when you can't reply to previous ones).

It's also rather scary that you are replying to BE threads at an ungodly hour in eastern Sydney.
Sydney, yes back home now. Yesterday I was in Singapore, specifically at the time of posting Changi Airport Qantas lounge. The red eye is a killer. Some of us don't do the 9-5. Too much of an infrastructure boom happening in Asia Pacifc to do 9-5. Keep drinking while the tap is running

There is no such thing as borderless countries, good observation, but what if we had them, where anyone was free to roam. Do you think that would be good or bad for the world?
Old Dec 10th 2016, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sydney, yes back home now. Yesterday I was in Singapore, specifically at the time of posting Changi Airport Qantas lounge. The red eye is a killer. Some of us don't do the 9-5. Too much of an infrastructure boom happening in Asia Pacifc to do 9-5. Keep drinking while the tap is running

There is no such thing as borderless countries, good observation, but what if we had them, where anyone was free to roam. Do you think that would be good or bad for the world?
'Imagine all the people, living life in peace, they say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one .....'

I suspect you are trying to justify Brexit on the basis of you thinking the only alternative is borderless countries. Pass.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 1:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

'Imagine all the people, living life in peace, they say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one .....'

I suspect you are trying to justify Brexit on the basis of you thinking the only alternative is borderless countries. Pass.
Nah. I just want to hear your opinion.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nah. I just want to hear your opinion.
Not possible and not desirable like global free trade.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 8:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Lennon was a wanker of note

An irrelevant champagne communist
Old Dec 11th 2016, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not possible and not desirable like global free trade.
It is possible. The EU are an example of those possibilities.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Lennon was a wanker of note

An irrelevant champagne communist
I actually quoted him in the context that the idea of the global borderless whatever is like the nonsense in that song - sounds good in theory but not practical. As they said at the time, he recorded that song at his multi-million pound mansion and cracked on about 'Imagine no possessions, it isn't hard to do'. OK John, give me your house. It's also revealing that he sang at the time about the taxman taking 99p and leaving him 1p which didn't really tie in with 'Imagine' - successive mostly right wing governments have brought the top marginal rate of tax down to 45% for anything over £150K of declared income. An observation of how far we've come.
Old Dec 16th 2016, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gawd. The Labor Party. From bad to worse.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/rise-and-fall-of-eddie-obeid-the-minister-to-whom-labor-turned-a-blind-eye-20161215-gtbts7.html
Old Feb 8th 2017, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So I had Mal around for a barbie in my eastern suburbs pad over the weekend. We discussed actions of hypocrisy, we discussed feelings of resentment, and it looks like Mal has taken it to Parliament today.

It's a shame Mal had to resort to name calling. ..... but if I was to name call Bill Shorten, a "parasite" is pretty much where I would start.

Great spray Mal.

Malcolm Turnbull lights up Parliament with savage attack on 'parasite' Bill Shorten

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.