Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Old Jul 11th 2016, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
You've been told and told and told about this. This is why and it's the unions that are sorting it, bringing it to the authorities attention and taking it to court.

If there were no unions, 1,000,000's of workers would be exploited for absolute sure. Employers just cannot be trusted not to have a watchdog.

More parcel drivers come forward to claim underpayment by Australia Post contractors - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Thousands of workers underpaid, denied entitlements by Australian employers figures show - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Thousands of restaurant and cafe workers underpaid $1.2m | afr.com
Let's not forget 7 Eleven.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Let's not forget 7 Eleven.
Yehp whacked that in as an edit.... and the above is just the thin edge of the wedge.

Aus post is underpaying 100's of contractors and these people are being signed up to the union and actioned.

As soon as there was no union coverage they where exploited.

Imagine if there were no union agreed EBA's and Award system entitlements. Then under Beoz's and his kin regime because the people were working for it and not changing jobs, then all would be well.

It's not well the people are being badly exploited.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 11th 2016 at 3:42 am.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
You've been told and told and told about this. This is why and it's the unions that are sorting it, bringing it to the authorities attention and taking it to court.

If there were no unions, 1,000,000's of workers would be exploited for absolute sure. Employers just cannot be trusted not to have a watchdog.

More parcel drivers come forward to claim underpayment by Australia Post contractors - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Thousands of workers underpaid, denied entitlements by Australian employers figures show - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Thousands of restaurant and cafe workers underpaid $1.2m | afr.com

7-Eleven: Investigation exposes shocking exploitation of convenience store workers
Still doesn't answer the question.

Vince (the example in one of the articles you reference) took his own claim to the Fair Work Ombudsman

Four Corners took care of the 7/Eleven workers.

Remind me, why do we need unions? Seems like the law and complaint services take care of it.

Hey by the way, you still haven't told me whether you care about Australia as a whole or just me me me?
Old Jul 11th 2016, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz

Vince (the example in one of the articles you reference) took his own claim to the Fair Work Ombudsman

Remind me, why do we need unions? Seems like the law and complaint services take care of it.

Hey by the way, you still haven't told me whether you care about Australia as a whole or just me me me?
So payment concerns should only be dealt with restrospectively? Definitely trolling now.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 3:55 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

I think Beoz is trying to be purposely obtuse. I think he realise that those laws only exist because of the action of the unions and Labor, and that having a union which is proficient in undertaking such claims, and has the resources to staff them, is efficient (both in time and cost).

Unions are like outsourcing your employer relations (you like outsourcing, no?) with the major added advantage that having large numbers of similar people in similar circumstances gives the critical mass to push through improved standards and fight to maintain those that exist from attack.

With Beoz mindset, there would be no reason for CEOs to give .... ah hem ...... donations to the LNP to buy laws, or indeed for HR, since of course everything would already be defined between individuals who are quite capable of arranging themselves in libertarian heaven.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

An explanation is already provided based on the US and their corporate tax cuts which led to no economic growth but more divide between the rich and poor.

All very well for you to want to put something in print. No sensible business owner would. They want business to be cheaper (and will not be happy at any cost to them) but will not commit to reinvesting those savings into jobs. It's more likely for small business to create these jobs. No sense in looking to banks or tech companies to do it. They have the means to expand already.

Go and have a look at what the projected growth is likely to be after these propose tax cuts to business. It's a lot of money lost for a potential tiny gain. In truth, it's deliberate funnelling of tax income to large business.

And you look ridiculous when you keep saying 'me me me' or 'BS'.
Seriously ...... I kid you not. .... big business and its share holder are more concerned about growth than cost cutting.

As I said earlier, cost cutting only comes into the frame when there is no growth.

The divide between the rich and the poor is decreasing. Today, the poor get access to the same schools, medical, roads as the rich, and on top of that receive more welfare than the rich. Despite the capitalist BS from BS and the me me me's
Old Jul 11th 2016, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So payment concerns should only be dealt with restrospectively? Definitely trolling now.
Do you regard a troll as someone who doesn't share your point of view?

That would mean you've stooped to name calling again .... a very famous BS trait.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
I think Beoz is trying to be purposely obtuse. I think he realise that those laws only exist because of the action of the unions and Labor, and that having a union which is proficient in undertaking such claims, and has the resources to staff them, is efficient (both in time and cost).

Unions are like outsourcing your employer relations (you like outsourcing, no?) with the major added advantage that having large numbers of similar people in similar circumstances gives the critical mass to push through improved standards and fight to maintain those that exist from attack.

With Beoz mindset, there would be no reason for CEOs to give .... ah hem ...... donations to the LNP to buy laws, or indeed for HR, since of course everything would already be defined between individuals who are quite capable of arranging themselves in libertarian heaven.
As I mentioned earlier, unions are responsible for many of the workplace laws we see today .... there is no denying their was a time and a place for unions. .... that time has come to an end in this country and is very evident with their declining numbers.

But that's cool, if you wish to outsource your employer relations that's your call, and your money.

Now what's next, well firstly understanding that political denotations occur rampantly towards the ALP too. There is no denying that. Secondly unions should be faded out of mainstream politics. Former corrupts unionists like Bill Shorten have no place in Australian politics and should be replaced by more rounded personalities like Tanya Plibersek.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Seriously ...... I kid you not. .... big business and its share holder are more concerned about growth than cost cutting.

As I said earlier, cost cutting only comes into the frame when there is no growth.

The divide between the rich and the poor is decreasing. Today, the poor get access to the same schools, medical, roads as the rich, and on top of that receive more welfare than the rich. Despite the capitalist BS from BS and the me me me's
More concerned about growth in revenue, not the employment rate or the economy. If you were a business owner, you'd be trying to maximise revenue whilst minimising expenditure at all times.

The divide between rich and poor is growing. Amazing that you would suggest otherwise. Also, those services such as schools etc are paid for by the middle class far more than anyone else above or below.

Show us the proof that corporate tax cuts result in a stronger economy.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Do you regard a troll as someone who doesn't share your point of view?

That would mean you've stooped to name calling again .... a very famous BS trait.
Whatever mate. Make a silly statement about the ABC acting as an acceptable worker protection agency in place of unions and expect a better reply?
Old Jul 11th 2016, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Four Corners took care of the matter as they made a program subject matter out of it. How long do you think the abuse of foreigner workers was going on for, before coming to light? Answer considerable. Isolated case? Only if you believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden.

As already mentioned Unions are in place in part to keep the bwastards honest and speak in a collective voice for those in many areas of working life that don't have the individual clout to speak on own behalf without possible censure.

Quite obvious where the me me's as you like to call them dwell. Obviously in a place that the majority don't believe in or wish to be part off.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever mate. Make a silly statement about the ABC acting as an acceptable worker protection agency in place of unions and expect a better reply?
It'll be screamingly hilarious if it wasn't so serious ...
Old Jul 11th 2016, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

It's the Unions negotiating with the powers that be that set up the guidlines and award system in the first place. Turnbull just lost his mandate to muck around with the award system courtesy of right wing independants Katter and Hanson not supporting his changes.

Of course I care about Australia as a whole, being in a union and supporting Australia go hand in hand as far as I'm concerned. More so than big business that pays as little tax as they can carefully avoid.

Not sure where you get the me me me from either.... The unions negotiate EBA's on behalf of everyone in industries covered by awards, whether they are in unions or not.

Even you can see what would happen if we didn't have the protection of the union fought awards surely ?
Old Jul 11th 2016, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

More concerned about growth in revenue, not the employment rate or the economy. If you were a business owner, you'd be trying to maximise revenue whilst minimising expenditure at all times.

The divide between rich and poor is growing. Amazing that you would suggest otherwise. Also, those services such as schools etc are paid for by the middle class far more than anyone else above or below.

Show us the proof that corporate tax cuts result in a stronger economy.
Yes that is why neo liberal policies have been proven to be flawed.

I recall the original concept from when I studied the subject in great detail decades ago.
The entire philosophy rested around the notion that the power of the nation state was waning. As we see hardly the case with Britain returning with vigour to the nation state along with the possible breakup of the union.
States are more popular contrary to that flawed believe that proclaimed in the future power would lie with global markets.
It seems to me we are at a point of returning to an arms race with China and Russia exercising muscle and furthering their expansion of the nation state.

This was supposed to eradicate nationalism, racism and political violence. Another failure on all fronts.

The bend of history indeed. What a load of rubbish. The concept that the super corporation becoming like virtual states too big to be challenged with market dominance over riding all else.

I am not aware of any serious thinker anywhere suggesting commerce alone, especially in the form of globalization could lead civilization or create a new world order entirely on its own merits.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Hope this helps as your right wing friend says - a billionaire who can see the need for unions:

Why We Need Unions | Big Think

"Destroying unions would be a mistake. By representing workers, labor unions serve a key function both in our economy and our politics. As Bloomberg says, unions “play a vital role in protecting against abuses in the workplace, and in my experience they are integral to training, deploying and managing a professional work force.” And, as I have written before, the concessions unions have won in the past—like workplace safety rules and the eight-hour day—ultimately benefit everyone by ensuring that the people who do the work live decently, and that American prosperity does not come at the expense of ordinary citizens."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.