Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Britain gets raped. Again!!!

Wikiposts

Britain gets raped. Again!!!

Old May 24th 2011, 3:01 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britain gets raped. Again!!!

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
I wouldn't worry too much about their space program. Their rockets would fall apart on launch from dodgy deals, dodgy manufacturing and dodgy software. And if they are manned, the pilots/astronauts probably have dodgy licences as well.
India remains globally competitive via three main mechanisms:

1. Cheap labour.
2. Lack of Western legislation – e.g. OH&S.
3. Third world status, allowing companies like Tata to dump on Western markets without the tariffs that would normally make them uncompetitive.

Indian management is in general absolutely dreadful. It is culturally hidebound, bureaucratic and highly authoritarian. Buthole Tata is way out of line when he complains about British management.

However as discussed earlier, he was simply looking for an excuse to close a plant and transfer production to India, where the cheap labour, lack of legislation and third world status allows it to be competitive.
Old May 24th 2011, 3:03 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
I wouldn't worry too much about their space program.
I don't but I fail to see why the west should pay for it
Old May 24th 2011, 3:05 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
So we pay for the poor of india whilst India buys market share in Africa?????

Anyone else think this is nuts?
I'm reading Liberty Defined by Ron Paul - great book IMHO. There's a quote in the book about international aid.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country."
Old May 24th 2011, 3:11 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I'm reading Liberty Defined by Ron Paul - great book IMHO. There's a quote in the book about international aid.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country."

I hope he's the next US president
Old May 24th 2011, 3:19 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Tata may well complain about British management. They may want to cast their minds back to 1984 and the Union carbide disaster at Bhopal.

UC had adopted a hands off approach, allowing former chairman Keshub Mahindra and his team of local management to run the plant. This local management team disregarded even the basic safety regulations set by UC, as did the junior management, and the team leaders. Locally contracted design engineers made basic mistakes, and corruption was endemic at the plant. The result was inevitable.

If Tata think that is good management style he can keep it in India.

Edited to add:

For that matter Tata might want to read the story of the River Princess, beached at Goa for SEVEN years before the Indians managed to decide to cut it up. Even then they had to let a British company handle it.

A read of the Goa section in BE “Rest of the World” about incompetence, mismanagement, corruption and outright stupidity is always interesting. They even have a poll running which includes the question “Have you been subjected to any form of intimidation or been asked for additional monies?”

Last edited by slapphead_otool; May 24th 2011 at 3:36 pm.
Old May 24th 2011, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I don't but I fail to see why the west should pay for it
Indeed.
Old May 24th 2011, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth

I wish there were more politicians like Ron Paul. We could do with a few over here.
Old May 24th 2011, 5:32 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tata may well complain about British management. They may want to cast their minds back to 1984 and the Union carbide disaster at Bhopal.

UC had adopted a hands off approach, allowing former chairman Keshub Mahindra and his team of local management to run the plant. This local management team disregarded even the basic safety regulations set by UC, as did the junior management, and the team leaders. Locally contracted design engineers made basic mistakes, and corruption was endemic at the plant. The result was inevitable.

Edited to add:

For that matter Tata might want to read the story of the River Princess, beached at Goa for SEVEN years before the Indians managed to decide to cut it up. Even then they had to let a British company handle it.

A read of the Goa section in BE “Rest of the World” about incompetence, mismanagement, corruption and outright stupidity is always interesting. They even have a poll running which includes the question “Have you been subjected to any form of intimidation or been asked for additional monies?”
Sometimes you seem funny...So you could remember only one accident from Indian history, what about nuclear accidents those had happened around the world or any other accidents. Looks like you have become old and cannot remember all the events, but its amazing you remember everything about India!

Have you been in GOA? Instead of incompetence, mismanagement, corruption and outright stupidity, I wonder why its full of stupid people like you from other countries. Go and check yourself.
Old May 24th 2011, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Edited to add:

I hope you remember this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwat...izon_oil_spill
Old May 24th 2011, 5:59 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Indeed I do mate.

Let me point 3 things out to you:

1. That was BP technology, not Indian, although doubtless India will be happy to copy it or use the oil obtained from it.

2. That was the deepest deep-water drilling operation in the world. Many said it couldn’t be done. It was the equivalent to putting a man on the moon.

3. The loss of life in that incident was minimal. Compare it to Bhopal.
Old May 24th 2011, 5:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The Goa section has some very scary reading. I understand that it's a beautiful part of the world but why people put themselves through the nightmare of living there is completely beyond me. The crap they have to put up with is horrific.
Old May 24th 2011, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes you seem funny...So you could remember only one accident from Indian history, what about nuclear accidents those had happened around the world or any other accidents. Looks like you have become old and cannot remember all the events, but its amazing you remember everything about India!

Have you been in GOA? Instead of incompetence, mismanagement, corruption and outright stupidity, I wonder why its full of stupid people like you from other countries. Go and check yourself.
Remind us again... why did you leave India?
Old May 24th 2011, 6:05 pm
Not allowed opinions.

No mate , I haven’t lived in Goa. But I have lived in Bombay in the early 80s. That was enough. Do you want me to detail my experiences?

You might remember – this started with the head of Tata saying British management was substandard. Do you agree?
Old May 24th 2011, 6:40 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

You might remember – this started with the head of Tata saying British management was substandard. Do you agree?
Which of the things he's actually quoted as saying do you disagree with?
Old May 24th 2011, 7:09 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by bcworld
Which of the things he's actually quoted as saying do you disagree with?
http://www.managers.org.uk/node/54062

http://www.xfforum.co.uk/threads/531...ustry-Managers

http://www.rushlane.com/work-ethics-...a-1214498.html

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/new...sh_work_ethic/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.