Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Britain gets raped. Again!!!

Britain gets raped. Again!!!

Old May 22nd 2011, 12:41 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute
Default Britain gets raped. Again!!!

Tata Group Chairman, Mr Ratan Tata had made some pretty serious claims about British management capabilities, based on his experience at Tata’s British steel plants. He has used this as part of the excuse to shut down these plants. Some 1500 jobs will go at Scunthorpe and Teeside.

But wait… this isnt the real story. Tata in fact gets the carbon credits from the closed plants, allowing it to use its cheaper but less efficient (and more polluting) Indian plants.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2009/1...5BA2JJ20091214

This is worth more than what they paid for the steelworks. On top of that they can sell off the land, and pick up the market share and customers.

Tata are masters at ripping off the British.

In 2008 they bought Rover, Jaguar, Land Rover for 2.8 billion. Within 9 months they were asking for loans from the British government to keep the cars in production. Even then, they shut Rover.

I’m always amazed that we let crap like this happen. Re-nationalise Scunthorpe and Teeside for a nominal amount (ten quid) and tell Tata to piddle off home, banning their products at the same time.
Old May 22nd 2011, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britain gets raped. Again!!!

You can't nationalise, that anti competitive and goes against Maggies Decree.

The strong shall survive.... looks like they are going to be mostly Asian... bet they love Maggie.
Old May 22nd 2011, 2:06 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
You can't nationalise, that anti competitive and goes against Maggies Decree.

The strong shall survive.... looks like they are going to be mostly Asian... bet they love Maggie.
Bungitin Tata can think what he likes, my opinion of Indian management practices, based upon experience in India, the Middle East, and with dealing with them from here, is that they are a pack of hopeless lying thieves.

Renationalising the Steelworks would be the mildest of my solutions. Dumping back on India a large part of their population that currently reside illegally in the UK, and cutting off aid and assistance would be other solutions that I would pursue relentlessly.

I’m heartily sick of the UK being taken for a mug by a pack of thieving lying assholes with no morals and very little integrity.
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:09 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I thought SSI was taking over a huge chunk of the Teesside works?
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:13 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Bungitin Tata can think what he likes, my opinion of Indian management practices, based upon experience in India, the Middle East, and with dealing with them from here, is that they are a pack of hopeless lying thieves.

Renationalising the Steelworks would be the mildest of my solutions. Dumping back on India a large part of their population that currently reside illegally in the UK, and cutting off aid and assistance would be other solutions that I would pursue relentlessly.

I’m heartily sick of the UK being taken for a mug by a pack of thieving lying assholes with no morals and very little integrity.
Hold on mate isn't it the politicians who are the thieving lying assholes with no morals and very little integrity, for allowing the country to be raped
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:14 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Where did this general purpose use of the word 'rape' come?

Maybe in my advancing years I am getting sensitive to such things but this really pisses me off.
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:29 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, made me wince too.
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:30 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Hold on mate isn't it the politicians who are the thieving lying assholes with no morals and very little integrity, for allowing the country to be raped
True, but it seems that the UK as a whole just accepts it. Illegal migrants, people ripping off the system, EU thuggery and dictatorship, overseas plunderers.

The politicians are spineless weasels, but if the people shouted loudly enough they would act.
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:34 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

.........The politicians are spineless weasels, but if the people shouted loudly enough they would act.
nope. It's now too politically correct.

Too little too late mate.
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:37 am
Not allowed opinions.

nope. It's now too politically correct.

Too little too late mate.
Pretty well sums up the size of the problem when the only interest it raises is the semantics of the use of the world “rape”.

Maybe I have been away too long.
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:41 am
Auntie Fa

I did actually comment on your topic too, slapper. Coming from Redcar, it's definitely of interest to me.
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:48 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty well sums up the size of the problem when the only interest it raises is the semantics of the use of the world “rape”.

Well, I have little to no interest in what is going on in the UK so ...
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:48 am

don't get too touchy mate. If people don't like certain words it's their prerogative. It doesn't distract from the convo.

Someone told me they don't like me calling people mate. I personally don't give a shit. They aint that perfect neither so fluck em I say

Being different makes the world go round and people have a right to their opinion. One mans meat is another mans poison all that
Old May 22nd 2011, 4:53 am
Not allowed opinions.

don't get too touchy mate. If people don't like certain words it's their prerogative. It doesn't distract from the convo.

Someone told me they don't like me calling people mate. I personally don't give a shit. They aint that perfect neither so fluck em I say

Being different makes the world go round and people have a right to their opinion. One mans meat is another mans poison all that
Noooooo, not being touchy!

I trawl some pretty brutal chat sites, and this one is very take thanks to good moderation and the high quality of people on it.

I do stand by the point though. No one seems to care about what people do to the UK. If i said Emmerdale was being cut there would be 1000 posts protesting it.
Old May 22nd 2011, 5:04 am

I do stand by the point though. No one seems to care about what people do to the UK. If i said Emmerdale was being cut there would be 1000 posts protesting it.
Not true. Out of four people's comments so far two have shown genuine interest in the conversation which makes it two out of four. That's 50% interest and if you count me, Ozzie and you out of 5 of us that makes it over 60% - so not exactly "no one seems to care"......

semantics have always been a part of this forum. Sometimes people distract from the point in question because

a. They're bored
b. They can't stay on topic / have nothing to offer in terms of debate
c. They like to devalue the topic in question
d. They like to elivate their own self worth by de-elivating others
e. They can't be arsed so want to be distructive
f. They like to be part of a gang and someone else has wind them up in the background, so they feel they need to fire the bullets and show off as part of the gang

Or

g. they just want to give their opinion regardless as to the topic

People mate, we're all as mad as a box of frogs

Last edited by sonlymewalter; May 22nd 2011 at 5:08 am. Reason: changed due to good ole Ozzies contribution taken into account too......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.