Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Britain gets raped. Again!!!

Wikiposts

Britain gets raped. Again!!!

Old May 28th 2011, 1:16 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Britain gets raped. Again!!!

Originally Posted by Paul B
Well, it was once the wealthiest toilet in the world, before it was raped, divided, diverted and bled dry by other lesser toilets.
Define "lesser".
Old May 28th 2011, 1:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
What is it with you and this constant "Indians are going to take all your jobs" claim? Can't you come up with something else?
Moderators, please ban this guy for being terminally dull.
Where would I stop though?
Old May 28th 2011, 1:47 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
No way Amandeep is good entertainment value, like you cant take the man serious. Some of his claims are laughable at best.

He forgets that he still has to get up in the morning and look at himself in the mirror..... same old pale.......
"Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Ok..You won.
Old May 28th 2011, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
"Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Ok..You won.
Yeah and can I have your job now?
Old May 28th 2011, 3:32 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

This isn’t an attack India thread.

This is about the way one Indian company is treating its UK subsidiary.

Last edited by slapphead_otool; May 28th 2011 at 3:37 am.
Old May 28th 2011, 10:58 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
This is about the way one Indian company is treating its UK subsidiary.
It stopped being about that in your second post.
Old May 28th 2011, 12:52 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
It stopped being about that in your second post.
My second post gave my opinion of Indian management practices based upon my experience. It went on to offer my solution to prevent Tata and other Indian companies from behaving unethically.
Old May 29th 2011, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute

I could fill this site, with a list 1000 pages long of what the British did for India, but it always ends up like a Monty Python sketch. If you want some examples though, I am happy to provide them.

It was a mutually beneficial arrangement, and Britain got a lot out of it too. But what Britain got out of it ended in 1947. We left a functioning society and single country behind, which was far different to what we had found.

Oh ok, ruling over foreign lands with military might was good and beneficial for 'us'. Thank you very much for all you did for 'us' saibh. Now bend over..
Old May 29th 2011, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rajj
Oh ok, ruling over foreign lands with military might was good and beneficial for 'us'. Thank you very much for all you did for 'us' saibh. Now bend over..
Such ingratitude!
Old May 29th 2011, 12:50 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ok, ruling over foreign lands with military might was good and beneficial for 'us'.
I reckon it was.
Old May 29th 2011, 2:35 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Yawn.

As I have said repeatedly, it was mutually beneficial. Britain’s benefit ended in 1947 when we moved out, and it became a negative benefit by the 1970s when half of the Punjab turned up en mass in the UK.

(I never quite understood why people who were so keen to throw off British rule would then move to Britain to end up back under it… Maybe Rajj can explain?)

India’s benefit continues to this day, not only in terms of infrastructure like water supply, railways, buildings, airfields, ports and dockyards, but also in terms of “soft” benefits like the police and legal system. We left all this behind, and India still uses it.

I might point out to Rajj that he replied in English language, a legacy of the British that is proving to be rather useful these days. If he replied in Urdu we wouldn’t understand…..

Oh yes Rajj, if you studied Indian history you would know that the “Military might” comprised about 95% of Indian soldiers, who willingly took the Salt.
Old May 29th 2011, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Yawn.

As I have said repeatedly, it was mutually beneficial. Britain’s benefit ended in 1947 when we moved out, and it became a negative benefit by the 1970s when half of the Punjab turned up en mass in the UK.

(I never quite understood why people who were so keen to throw off British rule would then move to Britain to end up back under it… Maybe Rajj can explain?)

India’s benefit continues to this day, not only in terms of infrastructure like water supply, railways, buildings, airfields, ports and dockyards, but also in terms of “soft” benefits like the police and legal system. We left all this behind, and India still uses it.

I might point out to Rajj that he replied in English language, a legacy of the British that is proving to be rather useful these days. If he replied in Urdu we wouldn’t understand…..

Oh yes Rajj, if you studied Indian history you would know that the “Military might” comprised about 95% of Indian soldiers, who willingly took the Salt.
I can imagine we'll be getting quotes from the "Flashman Papers" soon.

Keel
Old May 29th 2011, 11:20 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by keel
I can imagine we'll be getting quotes from the "Flashman Papers" soon.

Keel
Damn, you recognised where I lifted the style from.
Old May 30th 2011, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, you recognised where I lifted the style from.
As they are a recognized first hand source of Victorian military history, especially the Raj, then you may use them.

It was the "salt" that gave the source away.

I was talking to some yanks recently returned from "the Ghan" and they are actually given lectures from the papers by and American academic to prepare them for the culture etc.

Keel
Old May 30th 2011, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Paul B will become famous soon enoughPaul B will become famous soon enough

Yawn.

And just think if it wasn't for we Brits, there never would have been a Pakistan. Neither East, or West. Just think of the benefits to Indians, a brave new country, in two halves, hundreds of miles apart.

Those Indians just don't appreciate us...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.