Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Britain gets raped. Again!!!

Britain gets raped. Again!!!

Old May 21st 2011, 6:03 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britain gets raped. Again!!!

Heaps of people in the UK moan about the way that our country has been run down and yes, raped. But no-one does anything to protect/correct it. Seeing the same kind of nonsense going on here ...minus about 30 years.
Old May 21st 2011, 6:06 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

My sisters soon to be Ex works at the Scunthorpe works yep he's the one the put the **** in Scunthorpe.
He's worked there since he left school some 30 years ago.
He's hoping for redundancy so he can make my sister pay him maintenance
Old May 21st 2011, 6:30 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Heaps of people in the UK moan about the way that our country has been run down and yes, raped. But no-one does anything to protect/correct it. Seeing the same kind of nonsense going on here ...minus about 30 years.
Sadly very true.

I do take offence at Ramupmabut Tata saying British managment was shithouse, when india is a total management shambles and survives on "aid access to markets" and cheap labour.

Last edited by slapphead_otool; May 21st 2011 at 6:46 pm. Reason: Tried to make sense out of my own rubbish....
Old May 21st 2011, 7:40 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool

I do take offence at Ramupmabut Tata saying British managment was shithouse, when india is a total management shambles and survives on "aid access to markets" and cheap labour.
He's making excuses to make his move. If he moves to his home country he'll vastly increase productvity and munumentally lower his costs and gain huge profits. His people will work for peanuts in conditions we wouldn't even put a dog but life has no value. How else can he justify his move other than blame UK management
Old May 21st 2011, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Bungitin Tata can think what he likes, my opinion of Indian management practices, based upon experience in India, the Middle East, and with dealing with them from here, is that they are a pack of hopeless lying thieves.

Renationalising the Steelworks would be the mildest of my solutions. Dumping back on India a large part of their population that currently reside illegally in the UK, and cutting off aid and assistance would be other solutions that I would pursue relentlessly.

I’m heartily sick of the UK being taken for a mug by a pack of thieving lying assholes with no morals and very little integrity.
When did you last go to the UK?

They are closing or mothballing 2 loss making plants and put big investment in 2 others.
Plenty of UK owned businesses have moved there manufacturing bases to low cost countries, hardly unique of Tata
Old May 21st 2011, 9:20 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

He's shaftng the UK but why expect anything else? IMHO steel was one of the industries that needed privatising along with coal, cars and other non-infrastructure industries especially BT.

What shouldn't have been privatised, again IMHO, was the power and water. There's no real competition and they are essential for the economy and national security. How can it make sense for our privatised energy suppliers to be owned by foreign, state owned, companies FFS

right rant over hoovering to do
Old May 21st 2011, 9:30 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
When did you last go to the UK?

They are closing or mothballing 2 loss making plants and put big investment in 2 others.
Plenty of UK owned businesses have moved there manufacturing bases to low cost countries, hardly unique of Tata
Long time ago mate, last time I was in the UK was 1992. I was involved in the steel industry at a time when it was world ranking. Sad to see it go the way it has.

The point about Tata is they bought a plant purely for its carbon credits, and they survive because of “aid access” to markets. They get reduced restrictions and duties because for some incredibility stupid reason the UK and EU still think India is a third world country. That’s why we also give them massive amounts of aid funding. We seem to overlook the nuclear weapons, bigger Navy, army and air force, space program etc.

Wake up UK, stop treating Tata like a charity.
Old May 21st 2011, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly the UK is doing very weird things at the moment which all involve the tax payers' funds being distributed to stupid causes:

Huge aid payout to Pakistan to build schools when UK schools are getting huge unworkable budget cuts.

Cuts galore yet via EU we have had to contribute to the Euro fiasco bailout: Greece, Ireland and now Portugal.

I think generally people just sit back and accept, but when all you have a choice between is a
1) lying cheating political party
2) cheating lying political party
3) political party which cheats and lies
to form the government it is a touch call. Anarchy is probably the answer!
Old May 21st 2011, 11:10 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by Pomster
Sadly the UK is doing very weird things at the moment which all involve the tax payers' funds being distributed to stupid causes:

Huge aid payout to Pakistan to build schools when UK schools are getting huge unworkable budget cuts.

Cuts galore yet via EU we have had to contribute to the Euro fiasco bailout: Greece, Ireland and now Portugal.

I think generally people just sit back and accept, but when all you have a choice between is a
1) lying cheating political party
2) cheating lying political party
3) political party which cheats and lies
to form the government it is a touch call. Anarchy is probably the answer!
It’s a bloody mess, and I wish it were not so.

They used to say a country gets the politicians it deserves, but I can’t see how the people of the UK deserve the absolute shower of shit they have suffered under. In my lifetime:

Harold Wilson: KGB agent and outright traitor.
Edward Heath: Useless bugger (literally)
James Callaghan: Union stooge
Maggie Thatcher: Union bashing stooge
John Major: Complete grey man who did stuff all
Tony Blair: outright lying asshole, warmonger and closet Catholic.
Gordon Brown: Nuff said.

Given that list of outright wankers I am surprised there is a pot left to urinate in.
Old May 22nd 2011, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

ColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud of

150+ years of raping and pillaging of the Indian subcontinent - I guess Karma is a b!tch....
Old May 22nd 2011, 1:01 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by ColonialCousin
150+ years of raping and pillaging of the Indian subcontinent - I guess Karma is a b!tch....
150 years? You might need to read up your history of India mate. The East India Company established its first permanent factory in Bengal in 1612.

I could fill this site, with a list 1000 pages long of what the British did for India, but it always ends up like a Monty Python sketch. If you want some examples though, I am happy to provide them.

It was a mutually beneficial arrangement, and Britain got a lot out of it too. But what Britain got out of it ended in 1947. We left a functioning society and single country behind, which was far different to what we had found.

When I was in Bombay in 1982 the water pipes were the same ones the British had laid over a hundred years before. I know this because there were water shortages in Bombay - the British had not shown the foresight to estimate the future size of Bombay and had only provided them with 14 inch water mains.
Old May 22nd 2011, 1:06 am

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Globalisation failing ? bring back tariffs to asian contries and china ?
Old May 22nd 2011, 1:34 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
g. they just want to give their opinion regardless as to the topic
Yup, that's pretty much my motivation, I find the use of that word in a context that doesn't include nonconsensual sex offensive.

As I say, I'm getting old ... I expect being labelled a paedo will become fashionable in 5 years time.
Old May 22nd 2011, 1:48 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Yup, that's pretty much my motivation, I find the use of that word in a context that doesn't include nonconsensual sex offensive.

As I say, I'm getting old ... I expect being labelled a paedo will become fashionable in 5 years time.
Language but its very nature is a living evolving thing, and often the meaning of words changes over time. The word Awful originally meant Awe-full, of full of awe. God knows what “gay” means these days…

But I am far from perfect and apologise for misusing the queen’s speech.
Old May 22nd 2011, 2:21 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

It’s a bloody mess, and I wish it were not so.

They used to say a country gets the politicians it deserves, but I can’t see how the people of the UK deserve the absolute shower of shit they have suffered under. In my lifetime:

Harold Wilson: KGB agent and outright traitor.
Edward Heath: Useless bugger (literally)
James Callaghan: Union stooge
Maggie Thatcher: Union bashing stooge
John Major: Complete grey man who did stuff all
Tony Blair: outright lying asshole, warmonger and closet Catholic.
Gordon Brown: Nuff said.

Given that list of outright wankers I am surprised there is a pot left to urinate in.
And the latest one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.