Bl***y cheek of it

Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bl***y cheek of it

Originally Posted by buchanan
We left our house in the UK in Jan and have a sale going through on it which should complete early in July. My parents who live close by have been keeping their eye on the place. On Tuesday they went to the house with my brother to cut the grass and collect some items we did not ship, when they got there they found the grass had been cut and a a petrol lawnmower in the playhouse. My brother phoned the estate agents to see if they knew anything about it and they had given permission to the purchasers to cut the grass so that it would not be too long when they moved in!!! How bl***y cheeky is that? Although it did save my parents from cutting it!! We have contacted our solicitor to ask his advice.
I hope your solicitor tells you not to be so damn silly. The world has gone stark raving mad. I'm glad I'm not in it. My world is soooooo much better.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Give me the address. Next time I'm over there - and I do visit the Uk from time to time - I will pop in and top up the fuel can.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I think the OP does have a point, but maybe is aiming a bit strong, and in the wrong direction. It´s the agent they should be having a few quiet words with, about communications.
Sure it shows keenness on the part of the purchasers
Sure you don´t want the house looking unlived in - a target for thieves
Sure it saves the parents time & work
However all it would have taken was a call from purchaser to agent asking if that was okay (maybe this happened) and then a call from agent to either OP or parents as their representative, to say what was planned & was that alright.
Can´t see parents or OP saying no in those circumstances nor anyone thinking about solicitors.
Just about good business practice, really. Agents have a lot to answer for - this is just another example. One phone call job sorted.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:28 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Bl***y cheek of it

Maintenance of the garden is usually par for the course in any rental agreement.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
+1
+2
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by this charming man
Id have thought somebody would have grassed them up sooner.
LOL LOL LOL
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:31 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Maintenance of the garden is usually par for the course in any rental agreement.
It's not a rental, that's what makes it sooooooo serious. The people who mowed the lawn were the outrageous people who were paying a few hundred thousand pounds for the property.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:55 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It's not a rental, that's what makes it sooooooo serious. The people who mowed the lawn were the outrageous people who were paying a few hundred thousand pounds for the property.
poor old buchanan... I think we've all scared him/her off !
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Gives a new meaning to mowing someones lawn
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:12 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Bl***y cheek of it

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
So... he wants to take legal action against the people who mowed the lawn of a house they've just bought?

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:30 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a wind up or about to take the place of the "Is Easter the same time in Oz" thread at the top of my list of funniest threads?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Actually i can understand the ops view.For instance I came home today.My husband poured me a glass of wine,did dinner and helped kids with homework.I am starting divorce proceedings tomorrow,irreconcilable differences.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:53 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Actually i can understand the ops view.For instance I came home today.My husband poured me a glass of wine,did dinner and helped kids with homework.I am starting divorce proceedings tomorrow,irreconcilable differences.
Yeah, I'd be suspicious, too.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Yeah, I'd be suspicious, too.
If I get up tomorrow and hes made breakfast Im getting a restraining order.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:06 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
If I get up tomorrow and hes made breakfast Im getting a restraining order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.