Bl***y cheek of it

Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

buchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant future
Default Bl***y cheek of it

We left our house in the UK in Jan and have a sale going through on it which should complete early in July. My parents who live close by have been keeping their eye on the place. On Tuesday they went to the house with my brother to cut the grass and collect some items we did not ship, when they got there they found the grass had been cut and a a petrol lawnmower in the playhouse. My brother phoned the estate agents to see if they knew anything about it and they had given permission to the purchasers to cut the grass so that it would not be too long when they moved in!!! How bl***y cheeky is that? Although it did save my parents from cutting it!! We have contacted our solicitor to ask his advice.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bl***y cheek of it

You've contacted your solicitor beacause someone's done your mowing !!!! Jesus Christ, get a grip.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:53 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Santa
You've contacted your solicitor beacause someone's done your mowing !!!! Jesus Christ, get a grip.
+1
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

What sort of advice are you expecting to get from your solicitor? Are you going to sue them for the return of the grass?

Do you want to upset your buyers so they pull out?

Just be thankful they're keen enough on the house that they want to keep the garden looking nice.

I'd have thought that most sellers would kill for buyers who not only want to buy the house - but to do the garden before they move in as well - I'd be doing everything I could to hang onto them.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NickyC
What sort of advice are you expecting to get from your solicitor? Are you going to sue them for the return of the grass?

Just be thankful they're keen enough on the house that they want to keep the garden looking nice.

I'd have thought that most sellers would kill for buyers who not only want to buy the house - but to do the garden before they move in as well - I'd be doing everything I could to hang onto them.
I'll second that! Can't see the problem
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:24 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

unless it is some sort of metaphor for the guy shagging your wife I don't see the problem
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:38 am
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

Haven't people got 'mower' important things to worry about?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

crikey is a jewel in the roughcrikey is a jewel in the roughcrikey is a jewel in the roughcrikey is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
Haven't people got 'mower' important things to worry about?
Thats very funny,

seriously though I have had carpets fitted in a house we didn't actually own at the time - estate agents figured if the sale fell through the seller had free carpets!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:00 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NickyC

Ditto. I'd be thrilled if that happened to me.

It's not like they've got the keys to the house and started moving in. I'd be grateful they're wanting to keep the place in great shape, and would see it as a positive sign that they really want the house.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:01 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

Id have thought somebody would have grassed them up sooner.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:06 am
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by this charming man
Id have thought somebody would have grassed them up sooner.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:07 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buchanan
We left our house in the UK in Jan and have a sale going through on it which should complete early in July. My parents who live close by have been keeping their eye on the place. On Tuesday they went to the house with my brother to cut the grass and collect some items we did not ship, when they got there they found the grass had been cut and a a petrol lawnmower in the playhouse. My brother phoned the estate agents to see if they knew anything about it and they had given permission to the purchasers to cut the grass so that it would not be too long when they moved in!!! How bl***y cheeky is that? Although it did save my parents from cutting it!! We have contacted our solicitor to ask his advice.
Don't worry buchanan - I can understand your frustration. Before we left the UK, we were on holiday in Belgium the week before our house sale was due to go through.

We got back to find out that, lo and behold, our prospective purchasers had mowed our front lawn and back lawn, as well as pruned our front hedge into shape !!

You can imagine that we were understandably furious, so we contacted our solicitor and set about threatening legal action. In the end, we settled out of court for GBP50k, and the buyers also agreed to re-turf our lawns with long grass ! So it was really a good outcome all round.

best of luck.

Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:10 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

My bird pruned her front hedge,mmmmmm kinda kinky,no sign of any compo as yet.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

as a tenant I had a similar problem. I took a carpet shampooer around to a place just before I moved in. The landlord was frustrated because he was saving the dirt for a special occasion.

I offered to filter the outflow of the shampooer and give him that, but he relented and said not to worry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.