Bl***y cheek of it

Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bl***y cheek of it

Originally Posted by asprilla
Don't worry buchanan - I can understand your frustration. Before we left the UK, we were on holiday in Belgium the week before our house sale was due to go through.

We got back to find out that, lo and behold, our prospective purchasers had mowed our front lawn and back lawn, as well as pruned our front hedge into shape !!

You can imagine that we were understandably furious, so we contacted our solicitor and set about threatening legal action. In the end, we settled out of court for GBP50k, and the buyers also agreed to re-turf our lawns with long grass ! So it was really a good outcome all round.

best of luck.

Originally Posted by buchanan
We left our house in the UK in Jan and have a sale going through on it which should complete early in July. My parents who live close by have been keeping their eye on the place. On Tuesday they went to the house with my brother to cut the grass and collect some items we did not ship, when they got there they found the grass had been cut and a a petrol lawnmower in the playhouse. My brother phoned the estate agents to see if they knew anything about it and they had given permission to the purchasers to cut the grass so that it would not be too long when they moved in!!! How bl***y cheeky is that? Although it did save my parents from cutting it!! We have contacted our solicitor to ask his advice.
And that, ladies & gentlemen, is the reason solicitors drive around in freaking bad-ass luxury automobiles and have Swiss bank accounts and yachts moored off Monaco....
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:12 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xizzles
And that, ladies & gentlemen, is the reason solicitors drive around in freaking bad-ass luxury automobiles and have Swiss bank accounts and yachts moored off Monaco....
My lawyer has a bad automobile, a credit swiss bank account and a dinghy moored off Pimlico

Last edited by Broad Shoulders; Jun 18th 2009 at 4:18 am.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

crikey is a jewel in the roughcrikey is a jewel in the roughcrikey is a jewel in the roughcrikey is a jewel in the rough

Although it did save my parents from cutting it!! We have contacted our solicitor to ask his advice.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you ought to speak to a turf accountant.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:08 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

We left our house in the UK in Jan and have a sale going through on it which should complete early in July. My parents who live close by have been keeping their eye on the place. On Tuesday they went to the house with my brother to cut the grass and collect some items we did not ship, when they got there they found the grass had been cut and a a petrol lawnmower in the playhouse. My brother phoned the estate agents to see if they knew anything about it and they had given permission to the purchasers to cut the grass so that it would not be too long when they moved in!!! How bl***y cheeky is that? Although it did save my parents from cutting it!! We have contacted our solicitor to ask his advice.
You're mental right?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
My lawyer has a bad automobile, a credit swiss bank account and a dinghy moored off Pimlico
That's probably because you've not been complaining to your lawyer about potential-buyers & future owners moving the lawn of the house you put up for sale!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

Cant see the problem!
If all they have done is cut the grass, then I doubt that any court would offer you any kind of damages.
Perhaps there could be a case of tresspass, but as you have probably given your estate agent power of attorney, and they allowed them to cut it, then I doubt if you have any case!
I would say...get over it....sorry.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

A case-study of 'little Englander' behaviour - seeing the whole world in terms of people and their 'cheek' when I personally would be delighted about the diligence of the purchasers and would attempt to assist where possible or suggest that myself.

A quick judgement call is necessary here, once all things seem above board - all good to go.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

We left our house in the UK in Jan and have a sale going through on it which should complete early in July. My brother phoned the estate agents and they had given permission to the purchasers to cut the grass so that it would not be too long when they moved in!!! How bl***y cheeky is that?
Where have you been over the last 24 months???! Lots of people have gone through the heartache of waiting ages for a buyer, getting one, then the sale falling through.

You, on the other hand, have a buyer who is so keen on your house that they've mowed your lawn (knowing that you're out of the country and can't do it yourself)! And instead of being eccstatically happy at this turn of events - you want to sue your buyer??!

[insert head-shaking smiley] You are nuts!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
Where have you been over the last 24 months???! Lots of people have gone through the heartache of waiting ages for a buyer, getting one, then the sale falling through.

You, on the other hand, have a buyer who is so keen on your house that they've mowed your lawn (knowing that you're out of the country and can't do it yourself)! And instead of being eccstatically happy at this turn of events - you want to sue your buyer??!

[insert head-shaking smiley] You are nuts!
<tongue-in-cheek all in good fun>

Who wants to open a book on the chances of this person wanting to move back into this house not before long....length of lawn not withstanding?(!)

</tongue-in-cheek>
Old Jun 18th 2009, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
<tongue-in-cheek all in good fun>

Who wants to open a book on the chances of this person wanting to move back into this house not before long....length of lawn not withstanding?(!)

</tongue-in-cheek>
Hehehehe ... yes, he'll be posting how the grass in Oz isn't as green as he was led to believe
Old Jun 18th 2009, 6:15 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
Hehehehe ... yes, he'll be posting how the grass in Oz isn't as green as he was led to believe
Not if he comes to Cairns.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 6:36 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
Not if he comes to Cairns.
So we're all satisfied that this is whining for the sake of then? Maybe they are just trying to fulfil the national stereotype of whinging Poms?

S
Old Jun 18th 2009, 6:43 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Bl***y cheek of it

My tenant has mowed the grass, pruned the roses, resurrected some dying bushes, and planted new flowers. Frankly, I'm thrilled!

You should be happy that your tenant cares enough to make the effort. I hope your solicitor tells you to stop being a numpty.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:18 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Err, this is a joke, right?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:50 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
You're mental right?
seems so Dun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.