AUS V ENG RUGBY

Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:20 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AUS V ENG RUGBY

Originally Posted by Bushman
I'd rather be watching it there as I bet its warmer at 11.00pm than it is here at 2.00pm (14 deg)
Woh, just hit plenty of random keys and lost my last reply, suffice to say I'm pissed, I'm opening the batting tomorrow and I don't care

Baaaaaanzaaaai!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:36 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Live : Ben Tune, commentator, former Wallaby wing, nice bloke(I've met him) absolutely enthusing about England. Sombre, no, ashen Channel 10 faces all round when we switched to studio, and cue possible 'biased' commentary but top marks for no smart comments.

Sometimes, contrary to popular opinion on this forum, Australian media can be good sports...
Agree - they were very magnanimous. What a match. I said before that England were not going to be pushovers as the Aussie media was predicting. After getting hammered by the Boks, England have started to play very well. It wasn't pretty tonight but England did what they needed to do to win. They destroyed Aus. in the scrums and dominated the breakdowns. Sheridan and Regan were titans. Gomarsall played really well, so did Wilkinson. Aus. could not get their game flowing because Eng. would not let them - ugly but effective.

Well done to the Poms.

</IMG>
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Agree - they were very magnanimous. What a match. I said before that England were not going to be pushovers as the Aussie media was predicting. After getting hammered by the Boks, England have started to play very well. It wasn't pretty tonight but England did what they needed to do to win. They destroyed Aus. in the scrums and dominated the breakdowns. Sheridan and Regan were titans. Gomarsall played really well, so did Wilkinson. Aus. could not get their game flowing because Eng. would not let them - ugly but effective.

Well done to the Poms.

</IMG>

Didn't think it was ugly, England played perfect setpiece and first phase game - like a rugby team should. Only ugly was the possibility of injury due to collapsing scrums.

I want to see NZ win it, and I think they have a better chance now as I don't think England will get past them.

I was wrong about the stats - which showed there was more parity and some advantages to Australia- they really picked it up the last 20 as at one point, their tackle count was a fair bit higher than Englands.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Oct 6th 2007 at 3:49 am.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:49 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I want to see NZ win it, and I think they have a better chance now as I don't think England will get past them.
You just keep talking sense you know!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:49 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done to the Poms.

</IMG>
Maybe the Aussie media over your way was predicting a pushover but it was not the same over here.

It's a big country.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:50 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
It's a big country.
I have heard that you know.....
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:50 am
Account Closed

Didn't think it was ugly, England played perfect setpiece and first phase game - like a rugby team should. Only ugly was the possibility of injury due to collapsing scrums.

I was wrong about the stats - which showed there was more parity and some advantages to Australia- they really picked it up the last 20 as at one point, their tackle count was a fair bit higher than Englands.
The scrummage was disgraceful.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

When I say ugly, I mean it was not a fast, backline moving game that I like to see. Agree England got their scrums spot on plus they got a bit of good turnover ball.

Kiwis have to beat France. It's not a foregone conclusion - unlikely that France can do it but remember London in 1999.......
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have heard that you know.....
Are you here yet?

Because some of the people who are here haven't noticed....
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the Aussie media over your way was predicting a pushover but it was not the same over here.

It's a big country.
I should point out though that Mr Tune et al were having a bit of chuckle at Engand's expense a few days ago and even allowed a bit of glee and an in-joke to enter the conversation but I'll allow that one.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:53 am
Straw Man.

Kiwis have to beat France. It's not a foregone conclusion - unlikely that France can do it but remember London in 1999.......
Totally different team...............I am so confident that if they lose I will leave BE for good.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:54 am
Account Closed

When I say ugly, I mean it was not a fast, backline moving game that I like to see. Agree England got their scrums spot on plus they got a bit of good turnover ball.

England were all over the breakdown tonight. That paid dividends.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

It's a big country.
What do they know about rugby in Victoria?

This is still on The West Australian website:
http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=42662

Doh!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

I should point out though that Mr Tune et al were having a bit of chuckle at Engand's expense a few days ago and even allowed a bit of glee and an in-joke to enter the conversation but I'll allow that one.
They even admitted that England took them by surprise but hats off to them tonight, they were very gracious in defeat.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK - like I said, tell you what, some of the Aussie ball at the end of the first half was effing lightning.

I don't mind a bit of old fashioned set piece rugby dominating if it shows up the weakness of another team's scrum, if England had won with pure cynical 10 men rugby it would have been annoying, but they played a hitherto unseen positive 10 man rugyby and strung a few moves together, some going close a couple of times, well quite a few for this side. Quite a peculiar mix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.