Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Old May 11th 2007, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Originally Posted by borehamwood
the cockney convicts,you're hav'ing a woolly scafe hav'ing a bubble /bath,
this aint about you and me , so get over it
Can you please stop this now, Pollyanna has warned that this thread will be closed.
Old May 11th 2007, 7:16 pm
Banned

graciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant future

how can you argue on a thread about maddie ???.......stop please, take it to another one we are all feeling for the family and wish maddy would be returned.LOOK what can happen in life to us, something serious has happened to the MACCANNS ....is it not petty to squabble on a thread about a missing little girl............some things in life are more important than bitching about who said this and who said that.
Old May 11th 2007, 7:18 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Can you please stop this now, Pollyanna has warned that this thread will be closed.
Absolutely.
I started this thread because I felt so sick about what had happened. It would be good if people could take their disagreements to TIO and leave this thread for the purpose it was intended.
Old May 11th 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

What is it with the blame culture that Brits seem to have instilled in them?

Kapri started this thread because she was upset over the disappearance of a little girl, tragically, from a hotel room. What should have been a tool to express our sadness and support for the family has turned into something ridiculous.

Yes, it was a mistake to leave them in the room and no I wouldn't do it but, people seem to delight in having a holier than thou attitude. Do people not think that the McCanns are going to regret their decision for the rest of their lives irrespective of whether Maddie is found safe and well or not.

In my opinion, if anybody is to blame here it's the scum who took her

Let's give the parents a break and focus on what's really important.
Old May 11th 2007, 9:57 pm
Banned

Brewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tracey.d
What is it with the blame culture that Brits seem to have instilled in them?

Kapri started this thread because she was upset over the disappearance of a little girl, tragically, from a hotel room. What should have been a tool to express our sadness and support for the family has turned into something ridiculous.

Yes, it was a mistake to leave them in the room and no I wouldn't do it but, people seem to delight in having a holier than thou attitude. Do people not think that the McCanns are going to regret their decision for the rest of their lives irrespective of whether Maddie is found safe and well or not.

In my opinion, if anybody is to blame here it's the scum who took her

Let's give the parents a break and focus on what's really important.
Furthermore as if those with the "holier than thou" attitude havent taken similiar risks themselves.
Old May 11th 2007, 10:23 pm
AlexandNeil

themavia will become famous soon enough

i just send a prayer to everyone out there who is suffering as much as we all are... i pray to god we could all come together uniting one prayer and asking for maddie to return safely. not only this but just to know where she is and what has happened. god please forgive our sins and we just want you to show us what happened and where she may be.
Old May 11th 2007, 11:11 pm
Banned

Brewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by themavia
i just send a prayer to everyone out there who is suffering as much as we all are... i pray to god we could all come together uniting one prayer and asking for maddie to return safely. not only this but just to know where she is and what has happened. god please forgive our sins and we just want you to show us what happened and where she may be.
why are you suffering?
Old May 11th 2007, 11:57 pm
KAO
Forum Regular

KAO will become famous soon enough

What if the McCanns had just had a meal in the apartment and gone to bed? Chances are that if someone had their eye on the child (I shudder to think of the scum....) they would have still done the same thing. The rollers might be relatively easy or quiet to open and the window might have been unlocked anyway.

I've just come back from shopping (don't usually go this late but I'm having family round tomorrow so needed some stuff!) and as I was leaving the house I thought to myself that the very same thing could happen to me.

My two are asleep in their beds, as is OH but I could easily have come back to a different set of circumstances. Would that have been my fault?

The point is there's scum living alongside us everywhere and one by one they need to be singled out and shot in the groin. With a cannon
Old May 12th 2007, 2:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by KAO
What if the McCanns had just had a meal in the apartment and gone to bed? Chances are that if someone had their eye on the child (I shudder to think of the scum....) they would have still done the same thing. The rollers might be relatively easy or quiet to open and the window might have been unlocked anyway.

I've just come back from shopping (don't usually go this late but I'm having family round tomorrow so needed some stuff!) and as I was leaving the house I thought to myself that the very same thing could happen to me.

My two are asleep in their beds, as is OH but I could easily have come back to a different set of circumstances. Would that have been my fault?

The point is there's scum living alongside us everywhere and one by one they need to be singled out and shot in the groin. With a cannon
Yeh but they won't be, you see, because many of them are very, very powerful and wealthy and well-connected-in terms of old-boys clubs. They are also real happy to look on and in fact sponsor newspapers like the daily-mail focus Middle-Englands anger and watch people blame societies ills on asylum-seekers and Bulgarian workers.

Last edited by Brewerboy1; May 12th 2007 at 2:18 am.
Old May 12th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

borehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by curly
do it
Old May 12th 2007, 3:42 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KAO
What if the McCanns had just had a meal in the apartment and gone to bed?

Unfortunately they chose not to do this and are now being punished in the most horrific way.
I can't condone their choice of actions but do feel so incredibly sorry for what has happened to their family.
I hope they find their daughter safe and well.
Old May 12th 2007, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

borehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sme
Unfortunately they chose not to do this and are now being punished in the most horrific way.
I can't condone their choice of actions but do feel so incredibly sorry for what has happened to their family.
I hope they find their daughter safe and well.
i agree
Old May 12th 2007, 3:59 am
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dwaindibley

Feelings of sympathy can not escape the fact that these well educated parents did a stupid and selfish thing compounded by the fact that the apartment has a baby sitting service they turned down! Considering that the children were conceived through IVF for parents then to treat them this way is criminal, children are for life not until you want a bottle of wine and some private time.
What does IVF have to do with it? Negligent parents and loving parents are the same regardless of the method of conception. Do IVF parents somehow have to prove themselves even more worthy of being parents, more than parents who found it easy to conceive would have to? Why? Those having to do IVF are making a choice to have a child the same as those who conceive normally. It is just a hell of a lot harder to get the end result. This does not make them better or worse parents. Just parents.
Old May 12th 2007, 4:29 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Although i totally disagree with them leaving there kids alone, i cant even think how they must feel maybe its time we all stopped debating on if they fault are no and pray this gorgeous little girl is found.

kezx
Old May 12th 2007, 5:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is now on its last chance.

Can those of you that want to throw insults and generally stuff the thing up please go somewhere else to play, preferably the fast lane of the M4.

Any other thread would have been closed long ago, now lets keep this one on topic and out of the gutter. There is a ban waiting for anyone who blatantly drags it downhill again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.