Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Old May 11th 2007, 5:49 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Originally Posted by asher
Its a long time since she went missing

hopes of getting her back seem to be dwindling

Dear God i hope she is alive and not suffering
yes it's the case of the unkown that i can't bear
Old May 11th 2007, 5:51 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yes it's the case of the unkown that i can't bear
you just have to hope that someone kidnapped her to be their child and not think of the alternatives
Old May 11th 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

borehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
With all due respect mate, I have posted a bloody photo of the place (sourced from a British newspaper).

The photo clearly demonstrates (if you'd care to give it a butcher's) that they could not see their own apartment, let alone the door of the room.

End of.
he, he,he give it a butchers, fu** me a aussie speaking east end,bet he walked past the bow bells once,so if it's in the paper you must be right.
Old May 11th 2007, 5:59 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
you just have to hope that someone kidnapped her to be their child and not think of the alternatives
I think it would be the only thought that would keep you sane
Like the mother of Ben who was taken from a greek island 10 years ago. She lives for the thought that he will walk back into her life one day having been raised by a loving family.
Old May 11th 2007, 6:01 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
I think it would be the only thought that would keep you sane
Like the mother of Ben who was taken from a greek island 10 years ago. She lives for the thought that he will walk back into her life one day having been raised by a loving family.
I do agree this seems to be the only straw to cling to

It is so terrible that kids get abducted in a supposedly civilised world
Old May 11th 2007, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by borehamwood
he, he,he give it a butchers, fu** me a aussie speaking east end,bet he walked past the bow bells once,so if it's in the paper you must be right.

Don't think pictures can be disputed mate.
Old May 11th 2007, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

stargazers is an unknown quantity at this point

It's very easy to critisise Maddy's parents after the event, the fact that they made that decision to leave the children in what they obviously deemed a very safe area will live with them & their families for the rest of her life. Lets pray that she is safe & found soon!
Old May 11th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

borehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by curly

Don't think pictures can be disputed mate.
hmmm , pictures can been made/changed,airbrushed,who care's
Old May 11th 2007, 6:14 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Guys - can we please not let this thread descend into cr*p.
Old May 11th 2007, 6:16 pm

seconded
Old May 11th 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

sorry, but armchair critics wind me up

Last edited by borehamwood; May 11th 2007 at 6:22 pm.
Old May 11th 2007, 6:44 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Firstly, "Butchers" is hardly unique to the UK. It's been part of the Australian vernacular ever since the first Cockney convicts arrived.

Secondly, my father was English, my mother's father was English, I am a British citizen, and I have lived in the UK since January 2004.

Thirdly, the photo evidence is incontrovertible.

Build a bridge and get over it.
Old May 11th 2007, 6:46 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

sorry, but armchair critics wind me up
Old May 11th 2007, 6:48 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 11th 2007, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Firstly, "Butchers" is hardly unique to the UK. It's been part of the Australian vernacular ever since the first Cockney convicts arrived.

Secondly, my father was English, my mother's father was English, I am a British citizen, and I have lived in the UK since January 2004.

Thirdly, the photo evidence is incontrovertible.

Build a bridge and get over it.
the cockney convicts,you're hav'ing a woolly scafe hav'ing a bubble /bath,
this aint about you and me , so get over it

Last edited by borehamwood; May 11th 2007 at 7:14 pm. Reason: cos i wont to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.