Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Old May 11th 2007, 2:55 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

aye aye cap'n
Attached Thumbnails Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?-171918.jpg  
Old May 11th 2007, 3:00 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping with the possible lead in Spain, something might come of it and was sad to hear it didn't.

Lets hope something happens over the weekend.
Old May 11th 2007, 3:41 pm
Banned

graciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant future

I am glad to see I am not the only one bitched at by certain members they are carrying on without me for once.

Well too much blame and little compassion.
every member on here wishes the situation was different we all do .And We all make mistakes, an no one condones leaving them the other side of the complex.Do we?,so we are all together on this , we dont know their situation and the reasons why they left them other than they didnt want to break their sleep pattern by keeping them up,And yes they could of got baby sitters but perhaps they thought they would be safe,

After all the PARENTS are not the .CRIMINALS... but the people whom have taken her. are so.

We are not here to condem.A beautiful little gem, Who is probably scared stiff and just wants her parents, her parents are distraught are scared for life,even if maddy id found, it is enough to put you in hospital with a breakdown,the stress of this is far than we could even get near to .....too many people on this planet who should never of been created , HOPE THEY GET CAUGHT AND GET WHAT THEY DESERVE.

:curse:

well wishes for the safe return of maddy mCcann.
Old May 11th 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

borehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by graciebluecat
I am glad to see I am not the only one bitched at by certain members they are carrying on without me for once.

Well too much blame and little compassion.
every member on here wishes the situation was different we all do .And We all make mistakes, an no one condones leaving them the other side of the complex.Do we?,so we are all together on this , we dont know their situation and the reasons why they left them other than they didnt want to break their sleep pattern by keeping them up,And yes they could of got baby sitters but perhaps they thought they would be safe,

After all the PARENTS are not the .CRIMINALS... but the people whom have taken her. are so.

We are not here to condem.A beautiful little gem, Who is probably scared stiff and just wants her parents, her parents are distraught are scared for life,even if maddy id found, it is enough to put you in hospital with a breakdown,the stress of this is far than we could even get near to .....too many people on this planet who should never of been created , HOPE THEY GET CAUGHT AND GET WHAT THEY DESERVE.

:curse:

well wishes for the safe return of maddy mCcann.
thank you
Old May 11th 2007, 4:23 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Just to get the thread back on topic ....

It's Maddy's 4th birthday tomorrow. I'm still feeling very emotional about the whole thing
I've got a 4 year old baby. He and my daughter are away with their Nana this weekend. I made her promise she wouldn't take her eyes off them
Old May 11th 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

borehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant future

please send to everyone

Old May 11th 2007, 5:08 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Is this true

Originally Posted by Brewerboy1
Hang on, the government had to step in and refute that one-so it wasnt a case of just one pathetically credulous mate.
They "had to step in and refute that one" because it was a scurrilous slur on both governments and their respective justice systems, in the context of a very sensitive, high profile case.

And you're right, it wasn't a case of just one pathetically credulous mate; it was a case of hundreds (if not thousands?) of pathetically credulous people in both countries.

...and as I read about this more-I wouldnt be too sure Athurs isnt Thompson-somethings fishy here-and I wouldnt trust any Govt too much-even the Australian one.
*yawn*

Old May 11th 2007, 5:21 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by borehamwood

yep have done...that is the best photo of her, she looks and is so gorgeous, bless her
Old May 11th 2007, 5:21 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Originally Posted by Brewerboy1
They left their kids in a hotel room while using the hotel restuarant. let me say-when I was growing up in Oz that wouldnt have even an issue-providing they were old enough not to fall off the bed-anyone and everyone would have left their kids in a hotel room.
The distance from the restuarant to the room was 50m-
Looks like more than that in the photo.

they could see the door from where they sat.
No they couldn't.

See below:

Their apartment was on the ground floor, on the other side of the building, with entrances opening directly onto the street.

There was no way in hell that they could even see their own apartment window (by which the kidnapper probably gained access), let alone the door of the apartment.

And they definitely couldn't see the door of the room in which they had left their children.
Old May 11th 2007, 5:28 pm

on sky news today that it transpires was actually over an hour since they checked her last to when they discovered she had gone missing
Old May 11th 2007, 5:37 pm
Fighting my corner

Lightbulb Re: Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Originally Posted by biggy
Considering that the children were conceived through IVF .....that has got to be the ****in stupidest comment I have ever seen on this forum..............what does it matter how the kids were conceived FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!! does that mean that cos mine were conceived naturally that they are LESS!!!!! important
I don't wish to put words into people's mouths, but that particular post did not seem to be implying this at all.

The point being made (or so it seemed to me) was that you'd expect a couple who had found it so difficult to conceive a child, to treat it with extraordinary care when it finally arrived. You certainly wouldn't expect them to leave it unattended in a holiday apartment completely invisible from the restaurant in which they were casually enjoying themselves, and leave an hour between their visits to the room.

I have no doubt whatsoever that her parents love their daughter above anything else in the world, and my heart goes out to them. But their decision to leave their children in that apartment (completely unattended, and infrequently checked) is baffling, to say the least.

As I see it, this poor little mite has gone missing as a direct result of human depravity and parental negligence.
Old May 11th 2007, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Looks like more than that in the photo.

No they couldn't.

See below:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3...eresortry7.jpg

Their apartment was on the ground floor, on the other side of the building, with entrances opening directly onto the street.

There was no way in hell that they could even see their own apartment window (by which the kidnapper probably gained access), let alone the door of the apartment.

And they definitely couldn't see the door of the room in which they had left their children.
was you there ,have you been informed by a reliable source, or just being argumentive

Last edited by borehamwood; May 11th 2007 at 5:40 pm.
Old May 11th 2007, 5:40 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Its a long time since she went missing

hopes of getting her back seem to be dwindling

Dear God i hope she is alive and not suffering
Old May 11th 2007, 5:42 pm

was you there ,have you been informed by a reliable source, or just being argumentive
the way i see it, he was just stating the facts!!!
Old May 11th 2007, 5:43 pm
Fighting my corner

Arrow Re: Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

was [sic] you there ,have you been informed by a reliable source, or just being
With all due respect mate, I have posted a bloody photo of the place (sourced from a British newspaper).

The photo clearly demonstrates (if you'd care to give it a butcher's) that they could not see their own apartment, let alone the door of the room.

End of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.