Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Old May 12th 2007, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

borehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant future
Default Re: Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

[QUOTE=Pollyana;4769263]This thread is now on its last chance.

Can those of you that want to throw insults and generally stuff the thing up please go somewhere else to play, preferably the fast lane of the M4.

fast lane on the m4, nice
Old May 12th 2007, 5:52 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is getting Maddie back alive and well, thoughas the days go by that is looking less likely (still we can always hope). It tears at me, the thought of young child so scared and alone with god knows what happening I would never wish the pain and guilt that the McCanns must be feeling right now on anyone. Whatever the rights and wrongs of their decision I can only guess that theyare beating themselves up about it far worse than anyone pointing the finger at them could do. The only thing they have is hope which is probaly getting less each day and guilt and what ifs, which will be with them for the rest of their lives no matter what the outcome.
Old May 12th 2007, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
At the end of the day the only thing that matters is getting Maddie back alive and well, thoughas the days go by that is looking less likely (still we can always hope). It tears at me, the thought of young child so scared and alone with god knows what happening I would never wish the pain and guilt that the McCanns must be feeling right now on anyone. Whatever the rights and wrongs of their decision I can only guess that theyare beating themselves up about it far worse than anyone pointing the finger at them could do. The only thing they have is hope which is probaly getting less each day and guilt and what ifs, which will be with them for the rest of their lives no matter what the outcome.
Exactly, I have been following this thread with interest, and I couldn't agree with you more.
Old May 12th 2007, 8:07 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike&jo
Exactly, I have been following this thread with interest, and I couldn't agree with you more.
I honestly dont know what to say about this.........words dont mean anything do they in a time like this........poor little thing
Old May 12th 2007, 8:08 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Well said, Gobbers.
Old May 12th 2007, 8:26 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Well said, Gobbers.
I really hope these new leads prove to have a happy outcome. Having kids really does a number on you when something like this comes up because you can put yourself in their place and imagien how it would feel if it was you, our kids are the most precious little people in our lives.
She's 4 now and I can't help thinking that if she's somewhere with people she doesn't know she is going to be so scared and upset and missign her family so much, i hope and pray they find her and bring her home or these ar****les that took her find a conscience and leave her somewhere safe to be found.
But what then don't get me wrong she would be bak and safe but how would she be that upsets me and I try not to think about what she has been or is going through it's not right and too much for a little 4 yr old.

I sent the poster round to everyone I knew in different countries and got people saying the parents didn't deserve the help
regardless of how people feel about the parents that little girl deserves to be with her family as soon as possible. Such a bright eyed pretty little girl.
Please find her

Jen
Old May 12th 2007, 8:42 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
I sent the poster round to everyone I knew in different countries and got people saying the parents didn't deserve the help
regardless of how people feel about the parents that little girl deserves to be with her family as soon as possible. Such a bright eyed pretty little girl.
Please find her

Jen
That's a terrible thing to say

Let's hope they get all the help they need

Last edited by fraser; May 12th 2007 at 8:47 am.
Old May 12th 2007, 8:42 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday Maddie.

Here's hoping you're home with your Mummy and Daddy before the end of the day

Maddie's story has touched the nation deeply, so I understand the need to express it. But, please put the arguments aside and let's not forget that a little girl is without her family right now and going through goodness only knows what. At best, she's terrified and wants her parents.

All that matters is getting her home, safely, and soon.

Gill
Old May 12th 2007, 10:14 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
Happy birthday Maddie.

Here's hoping you're home with your Mummy and Daddy before the end of the day

Gill
Absolutely.
Old May 12th 2007, 10:39 am
Banned

Brewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fraser
That's a terrible thing to say

Let's hope they get all the help they need
What suprises me about those throwing stones at the parents-the mother is going through the most unimaginable pain-as if she needs people to condemn her.
The hollowness of these condemnations is absurd-history is utterly littered with children who died as the result of momentary bad judgement by their parents-take children who died in wars-holocausts-do we condemnt the parents for not getting the kids out of harms way??
Old May 12th 2007, 10:41 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brewerboy1
What suprises me about those throwing stones at the parents-the mother is going through the most unimaginable pain-as if she needs people to condemn her.
The hollowness of these condemnations is absurd-history is utterly littered with children who died as the result of momentary bad judgement by their parents-take children who died in wars-holocausts-do we condemnt the parents for not getting the kids out of harms way??
another speaking kak night hey brewerboy.
Old May 12th 2007, 10:46 am
Banned

Brewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
another speaking kak night hey brewerboy.
To be honest I don't think you realise how absurd your opinions on this matter are.
ALL parents make mistakes-only a very few pay such a heavy price.
Old May 12th 2007, 10:51 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I don't think you realise how absurd your opinions on this matter are.
ALL parents make mistakes-only a very few pay such a heavy price.
and comparing something like this to the war/holocaust is not absurd.
Old May 12th 2007, 10:57 am
Banned

Originally Posted by northernbird
and comparing something like this to the war/holocaust is not absurd.
Well no....not really, people far more intelligent that you or I have lost kids due to temporary lack of judgement-no parent can ensure the safety of their child 100%.
Your assumption basically is that anyone that loses a child is by definition negligent.
Old May 12th 2007, 11:02 am
Gutter Gob!!

Well no....not really, people far more intelligent that you or I have lost kids due to temporary lack of judgement-no parent can ensure the safety of their child 100%.
Your assumption basically is that anyone that loses a child is by definition negligent.
Find me the post where I said that. I said that in this situation then unfortunately (and the parents will know this) if they hadn't had left the little girl in the apartment then I dare say she wouldn't be missing. That doesn't mean I don't feel for them and wish that she is returned safely to them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.