Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Old May 8th 2007, 5:17 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

I can't stop thinking about her and her parents.
Every time I see her face on the news I get upset.
Please God let her be found safe and well.
Old May 8th 2007, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice
Default Re: Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Originally Posted by Kapri
I agree her parents must be going through hell how can anyone do such a thing .They are saying the police are being very slow which is a worry as well.We all have our fingers crossed that they find her soon poor little soul must be terrified
Old May 8th 2007, 6:42 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I can't even imagine what it must be like for her parents.
My Oh lost his son aged 5 but he was with him when he died and has comfort in that.
they must be imagining her raped and murdered or sold to other people.
the "not knowing" must be unbearable.
Old May 8th 2007, 10:29 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
me i cant get it out of my head. i was awake until nearly 2am, and it just kept swirling around in my head. i dont normally pray or anything like that, but i have been doing for this. i just keep getting all teary and upset thinking about it.
Old May 8th 2007, 10:34 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

What were they thinking, leaving 3 children aged 2 and 3 on their own? I would never do it and everyone I know says the same.

I can't imagine what they are going through.
Old May 8th 2007, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
me i cant get it out of my head. i was awake until nearly 2am, and it just kept swirling around in my head. i dont normally pray or anything like that, but i have been doing for this. i just keep getting all teary and upset thinking about it.
same here, can't stop thinking about it Feel so much for her poor parents. I agree that personally I wouldn't have left 2 and 3 yr olds on their own but we don't know the environment they were in. Was the cafe within the holiday complex? How long did they leave them for?
Old May 8th 2007, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Gill Renwick, a friend of the family, said Madeleine's parents - both doctors - had been having a meal in a tapas restaurant a few hundred yards from the apartment and had been checking on the little girl and her younger brother and sister (two-year-old twins) every half hour

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/6623127.stm

Whilst I really hope and pray that this little girl is found alive and well, I really think that the parents are well out of order for leaving 3 kids under 4 on their own for any amount of time. I wouldn't even dream of leaving my 7 year old unattended, not even to pop over to the shop which is directly across the street from me and would take me 5 minutes.

I'm really gobsmacked that they felt they would be OK on their own and only checked up on them every half hour.
Old May 8th 2007, 11:40 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Gill Renwick, a friend of the family, said Madeleine's parents - both doctors - had been having a meal in a tapas restaurant a few hundred yards from the apartment and had been checking on the little girl and her younger brother and sister (two-year-old twins) every half hour

Whilst I really hope and pray that this little girl is found alive and well, I really think that the parents are well out of order for leaving 3 kids under 4 on their own for any amount of time. I wouldn't even dream of leaving my 7 year old unattended, not even to pop over to the shop which is directly across the street from me and would take me 5 minutes.

I'm really gobsmacked that they felt they would be OK on their own and only checked up on them every half hour.
yes that also struck me especially as the resort had a babysitting service and they obviously could afford it

the poor souls must be feeling so guilty about this
Old May 8th 2007, 11:43 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree. These are educated and supposedly responsible people. I pray that this liitle girl is found safe and sound and when she is social services need to have a word with the parents.
Old May 8th 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Totally agree. These are educated and supposedly responsible people. I pray that this liitle girl is found safe and sound and when she is social services need to have a word with the parents.
I leave my 11 and 12 yr old when I pop to the shops (10 mins away). My 8 yr old has to come with me everywhere tho! Cam and Aaron are responsible, they have Alf next door and if I'm gone for more than an hour then the neighbour across the road pops her head in. I do the same for her when she pops out. However everytime we've been on holiday, I have never left the boys (even at 11 and 12) to go out to a restaurant! We drag them along! They must be feeling so so awful. We don't know all the facts, so maybe we shouldn't be judging. Some babysitting services just do the same, they pop their heads in every 30 mins or so (called baby 'listening in services').
Old May 9th 2007, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

We've always taken our kids everywhere with us. If its nightime they can just sleep in their pushchairs but at least we know where they are. Its not just that someone could take them, say one of them woke up and was frightened they would get themselves in a right state running around trying to find you and realising you weren't there.

Lets just hope she turns up safe and well but I have a feeling that is unlikely at this stage
Old May 9th 2007, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that...

Hope she's found safe though poor little girl
Old May 9th 2007, 3:05 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
Glad I'm not the only one that thought that...

Hope she's found safe though poor little girl
shes a very pretty girl so hopefully it was a person kdnapping her to become their child
Old May 9th 2007, 3:15 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

I so feel for the parents but am flabbergasted that people would leave kids of this age for a few seconds never mind hours!!!!!

I hope she turns up safe.
Old May 9th 2007, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by asher
shes a very pretty girl so hopefully it was a person kdnapping her to become their child
Doubt it, statistically if she not found alive within the first 24hrs then its pretty grim. Have just been on the bbc website to read back on all the articles; the description of the suspect and his actions prior to the abduction show he was very determined. He's already tried unsuccessfully to grab a child in a pushchair a few days before, and was seen tampering at windows at the resort. He was looking for that opportunity where the kids had been left alone. Recieved an email from my Aunt who has a holiday home in the area and she said its common place for parents to leave toddlers at home alone. Apparently it was a very safe location.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.