Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Another abduction case... this time Wales.

Another abduction case... this time Wales.

Old Oct 5th 2012, 4:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another abduction case... this time Wales.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They're also searching the river and the banks, and a hotel thats being renovated, where he's been working. Case of searching everywhere possible I think.
But they make sense as do all out houses, barns etc. But ground that hasn't recently been disturbed seems like a bit of a waste of resources but then I'm not there and don't know what, if anything, they do.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Which makes no sense to me. There was less than 24 hours from abduction to taken in for questioning. Any digging in that period would be more than obvious.
They may have been looking for an excuse to dig up that patio long before this incident.....
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:33 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Which makes no sense to me. There was less than 24 hours from abduction to taken in for questioning. Any digging in that period would be more than obvious.
Well the report I read said lifting patio slabs so... well I don't know the logistics of digging shallow graves having never done it, but I guess it could be done in quite a short time.

Frankly, I'm hoping she's locked in a room somewhere and she's going to be OK but the press reports seem to be hinting otherwise.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 6:21 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
Well the report I read said lifting patio slabs so... well I don't know the logistics of digging shallow graves having never done it, but I guess it could be done in quite a short time.

Frankly, I'm hoping she's locked in a room somewhere and she's going to be OK but the press reports seem to be hinting otherwise.
Very true - they do seem to be hinting strongly otherwise, none of it makes any sense - she gets in to a van and is not seen again.

Please let her still be alive.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 9:57 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Very true - they do seem to be hinting strongly otherwise, none of it makes any sense - she gets in to a van and is not seen again.

Please let her still be alive.
Sadly, it seems as if all hope has expired.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-19843337
Old Oct 5th 2012, 10:11 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosscov1970

If it is deffo him, then may that bastard rot in hell, along with the 'do gooders' that campaign for the human rights of evil sick shits like him.

I would rather my tax payers money kept him suffering in solitary confinement without the usual prison luxuries, possibly being used for medical experimentation than I would paying for his therapy which he does not deserve.

My god this is so sad.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

I have family that live in that neck of the woods and this is posted on one of their facebook pages.

Just seen this on the find April page....Message from Nicola Millar:
One of my best friends children were out playing on Sunday at 4pm in Minera, North Wales approximately an hour away from Mach, when they were approached by a blue left hand drive landrover discovery with a man AND a ...woman and asked if they wanted a lift as it was raining. The children who are 11 and 7 said no and the woman then got of the car and opened the back door and told them to get in. They hurried away. North Wales police were useless and did not take this seriously but the Dyfed Powys Incident room were fabulous and my friend's children are likely now to be interviewed. Didn't April tell her friend that she recognised 'them'? If there was a woman too then could this mean that she has April or knows where she is?
I am PRAYING so hard that this is the case and that little April is returned home soon x
Old Oct 5th 2012, 10:49 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
I have family that live in that neck of the woods and this is posted on one of their facebook pages.

Just seen this on the find April page....Message from Nicola Millar:
One of my best friends children were out playing on Sunday at 4pm in Minera, North Wales approximately an hour away from Mach, when they were approached by a blue left hand drive landrover discovery with a man AND a ...woman and asked if they wanted a lift as it was raining. The children who are 11 and 7 said no and the woman then got of the car and opened the back door and told them to get in. They hurried away. North Wales police were useless and did not take this seriously but the Dyfed Powys Incident room were fabulous and my friend's children are likely now to be interviewed. Didn't April tell her friend that she recognised 'them'? If there was a woman too then could this mean that she has April or knows where she is?
I am PRAYING so hard that this is the case and that little April is returned home soon x
I don't pretend to understand police procedure, but for the family to be informed that Mark Bridger has now been arrested on suspicion of murder, surely extinguishes all hope for them. But I so hope I'm wrong.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Each day that passes makes me think the worse, but like with Tia only a few weeks ago, I hope she's being kept somewhere. Safe. As for his arrest, sometimes small communities know what's happening very quickly. For instance a friend of mine was a PC in Llandudno, North Wales in 1995 when 7 year old Sophie Hook was snatched from her tent, raped and murdered by Howard Hughes. He said as soon as they had the call that a young girl had been snatched, they knew it would be him.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 10:59 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
If it is deffo him, then may that bastard rot in hell, along with the 'do gooders' that campaign for the human rights of evil sick shits like him.

I would rather my tax payers money kept him suffering in solitary confinement without the usual prison luxuries, possibly being used for medical experimentation than I would paying for his therapy which he does not deserve.

My god this is so sad.
I am generally very liberal and progressive when it comes to most social issues but there is a line and for me stuff like this is well over that line. I don't think I would be overly bothered if they said they were going to dust off a medieval intestinal crank to dispatch him, frankly.

Interesting post about a man and woman being witnessed earlier as well.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 11:46 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosscov1970

So, so sad. Poor little baby. The family must be devestated.

If they have charged him with murder but not found the body, there must be some pretty convincing forensic evidence.

The best outcome now is for him to tell the police where the body is so the family can bury her
Old Oct 5th 2012, 12:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
So, so sad. Poor little baby. The family must be devestated.

If they have charged him with murder but not found the body, there must be some pretty convincing forensic evidence.

The best outcome now is for him to tell the police where the body is so the family can bury her
That would obviously be the best outcome but if it is him, he could want to take a leaf out of Ian Brady's book (and others) and refuse to say. I kind of hope for his sake that it was him because if the police have got it wrong and then let him go, millions of people will believe there's no smoke without fire and his life will not be worth living. Wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:20 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

That would obviously be the best outcome but if it is him, he could want to take a leaf out of Ian Brady's book (and others) and refuse to say. I kind of hope for his sake that it was him because if the police have got it wrong and then let him go, millions of people will believe there's no smoke without fire and his life will not be worth living. Wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened.
I agree. There was a case a couple of years ago where a woman went missing in Bristol. The landlord was arrested and is was all covered in the media. It wasn't him - poor bloke.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 1:50 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Hope this one works out for everyone. What a bloody sad world it is sometimes.
I wonder where this incident would have ended up???.......

Woman allegedly snatches boy, 5
GABRIELLE KNOWLES, The West Australian October 8, 2012, 3:55 pm

A 40-year-old woman snatched a five-year-old boy as he played on the Rockingham foreshore just metres from his mother yesterday afternoon, police claim.

But the woman was allegedly stopped from fleeing with the child when passersby surrounded her after the boy's mother screamed for help.

Police allege the woman put the child down about 10m away from where she had grabbed him outside the Sunset Cafe, where he was playing with another child, about 3.30pm.

Mandurah detectives said such incidents were not common but were a reminder to parents to be alert. It was fortunate the child's mother was keeping a close eye on her child, police say.

Mandurah Detectives charged a 40-year-old woman with attempted child stealing and she was expected to appear in Perth Magistrates Court today.
Police are still appealing for anyone who saw the incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 9:26 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
I wonder where this incident would have ended up???.......

Woman allegedly snatches boy, 5
GABRIELLE KNOWLES, The West Australian October 8, 2012, 3:55 pm

A 40-year-old woman snatched a five-year-old boy as he played on the Rockingham foreshore just metres from his mother yesterday afternoon, police claim.

But the woman was allegedly stopped from fleeing with the child when passersby surrounded her after the boy's mother screamed for help.

Police allege the woman put the child down about 10m away from where she had grabbed him outside the Sunset Cafe, where he was playing with another child, about 3.30pm.

Mandurah detectives said such incidents were not common but were a reminder to parents to be alert. It was fortunate the child's mother was keeping a close eye on her child, police say.

Mandurah Detectives charged a 40-year-old woman with attempted child stealing and she was expected to appear in Perth Magistrates Court today.
Police are still appealing for anyone who saw the incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
We really have to start making the punishment for child abduction so goddam frightening they think twice about it because they're clearly not deterred at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.