British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Another abduction case... this time Wales. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/another-abduction-case-time-wales-773371/)

ozzieeagle Oct 2nd 2012 9:13 am

Another abduction case... this time Wales.

Hope this one works out for everyone. What a bloody sad world it is sometimes. Hope no one gets on the Parents back re letting the kids play outside in a village... Should be safe anywhere.

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oc...eared-abducted

Tramps_mate Oct 2nd 2012 11:18 am

Re: Another abduction case... this time Wales.

Yes it's terrible. But at 7.30pm my 5 year old is in bed. Not playing outside unsupervised..

h2oskineil Oct 2nd 2012 11:34 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 10309509)
Hope this one works out for everyone. What a bloody sad world it is sometimes. Hope no one gets on the Parents back re letting the kids play outside in a village... Should be safe anywhere.

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oc...eared-abducted

I agree.... Hope all works out for the best for this poor child and her family. :fingerscrossed:

I have said this for 14 years (since the birth of my son), all males (and I am one of them) should be DNA tested and we all grow up knowing our DNA profile is on file. When a terrible crime (mainly against women) is committed a DNA sample is obtained from the woman and the name and last known location of the person committing the crime will be known.

I know people say it's an invasion of their privacy etc, but I strongly suspect they have never experienced a crime against their kids, like abduction and God only knows what the poor kid is going through. If the perpetrator understands his DNA is on file..... there is a better chance he'll release the child unharmed knowing any serious crime he commits will be detected and prosecution will follow.

I have no intention of committing a serious crime against a woman, therefore I have nothing to worry regarding my DNA being on file with the police.

Welcome peoples opinions......

h2oskineil Oct 2nd 2012 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate (Post 10309659)
Yes it's terrible. But at 7.30pm my 5 year old is in bed. Not playing outside unsupervised..

I agree with you on this..... It's easy to judge others, but my child would not have been outside un-supervised at 5 years old.

Hebe Oct 2nd 2012 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by h2oskineil (Post 10309688)
I agree with you on this..... It's easy to judge others, but my child would not have been outside un-supervised at 5 years old.

And nor would most people's children but this family and probably their friends will more than likely lead a very different life than most of us and see nothing wrong with their children playing outside unsupervised

h2oskineil Oct 2nd 2012 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Hebe (Post 10309740)
And nor would most people's children but this family and probably their friends will more than likely lead a very different life than most of us and see nothing wrong with their children playing outside unsupervised

And sadly, this family has learnt what the rest of grow up fearing... There are disturbed sick individuals that will grab an opportunity to abduct a defensless child, if they are given the opportunity.

ozzieeagle Oct 2nd 2012 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by h2oskineil (Post 10309683)
I agree.... Hope all works out for the best for this poor child and her family. :fingerscrossed:

I have said this for 14 years (since the birth of my son), all males (and I am one of them) should be DNA tested and we all grow up knowing our DNA profile is on file. When a terrible crime (mainly against women) is committed a DNA sample is obtained from the woman and the name and last known location of the person committing the crime will be known.

I know people say it's an invasion of their privacy etc, but I strongly suspect they have never experienced a crime against their kids, like abduction and God only knows what the poor kid is going through. If the perpetrator understands his DNA is on file..... there is a better chance he'll release the child unharmed knowing any serious crime he commits will be detected and prosecution will follow.

I have no intention of committing a serious crime against a woman, therefore I have nothing to worry regarding my DNA being on file with the police.

Coincidentally I was just listening to a story about Genome Sequening and how it's starting to become prevelent in the US, with the cost predicted coming down to less than 1K in about 5 years... means everyone will proably have the option of getting it done.

With this technology comes the ability to create false DNA.... IE: Take a sample of something you've held or eaten off and plant your DNA at a crime scene.

Having said that. I reckon it's a must, getting ones DNA taken.

I just wish humanity wasn't capable of act like abduction.... Seems like it should belong in the prehistoric past.

bingobob777 Oct 2nd 2012 12:57 pm

Well I have no intention to commit a crime either, but I sure as hell don't want my DNA stored just in case. Once they have it it's quite easy for you to be framed, it's not as if it never happens is it?

Tragic case, as a father of two I can't imagine what they're going through, but at the end of the day 5 year olds are far more likely to get killed by a car than a person and we don't insist on them having a forward facing camera or something.

The sad thing is they'll know it was avoidable, just like the McCanns

Pollyana Oct 2nd 2012 12:57 pm

Wouldn't necessarily stop them though - look at the number who re-offend, even though they know full well that the police already have their prints, DNA, address etc on file.

Mr Grumpy Oct 2nd 2012 12:59 pm

You are disgusting. People like you are what is wrong with this world. Go trumpet your perverted fascist beliefs to the Nazi Party where you belong.

Almo Oct 2nd 2012 1:02 pm

The government (any government) should not have the DNA of innocent people on file. You might trust this government, and the next one but you don't know into whose hands that info might fall down the track. I realise that sounds paranoid but I feel really strongly about this. There is a case in the UK right now where a guy served 5 months on remand for a rape he didn't commit on the basis of flawed DNA evidence. That there can be those kind of errors when there is only a limited amount of DNA being stored/tested is worrying.

I feel so sorry for the parents of this poor girl, I hope she is found safe although I fear that the outcome is likely to be a sad one.

ozzieeagle Oct 2nd 2012 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy (Post 10309821)
You are disgusting. People like you are what is wrong with this world. Go trumpet your perverted fascist beliefs to the Nazi Party where you belong.

It's coming simply because it exists, combined with the fact that humanity doesn't seem to be able to stop itself from doing real evil. Stop the evil and DNA testing wouldnt be necessary.... your barking at the wrong bloke.

No need for the personal attack either.

moneypenny20 Oct 2nd 2012 1:24 pm

It's very sad and I honestly sadly can't see a positive outcome. I'm another one who wouldn't have had her five year olds outside at 7/7.30 in October but then I didn't live in a very small close knit village so can't judge the parents at all.

I hope I'm proved wrong. :(

Mr Grumpy Oct 2nd 2012 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 10309828)
It's coming simply because it exists, combined with the fact that humanity doesn't seem to be able to stop itself from doing real evil. Stop the evil and DNA testing wouldnt be necessary.... your barking at the wrong bloke.

No need for the personal attack either.

I got personal because anyone who advocates this is an enemy of freedom. As far as I am concerned such vermin are not worthy of any respect.

moneypenny20 Oct 2nd 2012 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy (Post 10309866)
I got personal because anyone who advocates this is an enemy of freedom. As far as I am concerned such vermin are not worthy of any respect.

The person who has kidnapped the child is vermin. The poster who has a personal opinion which is different to yours is not.

Maybe you've forgotten the rules of BE, especially Rule 1 - Personal Attacks
BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.

Thank you.