Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Another abduction case... this time Wales.

Another abduction case... this time Wales.

Old Oct 2nd 2012, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another abduction case... this time Wales.

Hope this one works out for everyone. What a bloody sad world it is sometimes. Hope no one gets on the Parents back re letting the kids play outside in a village... Should be safe anywhere.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oc...eared-abducted
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Another abduction case... this time Wales.

Yes it's terrible. But at 7.30pm my 5 year old is in bed. Not playing outside unsupervised..
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 12:34 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle View Post
Hope this one works out for everyone. What a bloody sad world it is sometimes. Hope no one gets on the Parents back re letting the kids play outside in a village... Should be safe anywhere.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oc...eared-abducted
I agree.... Hope all works out for the best for this poor child and her family.

I have said this for 14 years (since the birth of my son), all males (and I am one of them) should be DNA tested and we all grow up knowing our DNA profile is on file. When a terrible crime (mainly against women) is committed a DNA sample is obtained from the woman and the name and last known location of the person committing the crime will be known.

I know people say it's an invasion of their privacy etc, but I strongly suspect they have never experienced a crime against their kids, like abduction and God only knows what the poor kid is going through. If the perpetrator understands his DNA is on file..... there is a better chance he'll release the child unharmed knowing any serious crime he commits will be detected and prosecution will follow.

I have no intention of committing a serious crime against a woman, therefore I have nothing to worry regarding my DNA being on file with the police.

Welcome peoples opinions......
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 12:36 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate View Post
Yes it's terrible. But at 7.30pm my 5 year old is in bed. Not playing outside unsupervised..
I agree with you on this..... It's easy to judge others, but my child would not have been outside un-supervised at 5 years old.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil View Post
I agree with you on this..... It's easy to judge others, but my child would not have been outside un-supervised at 5 years old.
And nor would most people's children but this family and probably their friends will more than likely lead a very different life than most of us and see nothing wrong with their children playing outside unsupervised
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 1:39 pm
Hillarys, Perth

Originally Posted by Hebe View Post
And nor would most people's children but this family and probably their friends will more than likely lead a very different life than most of us and see nothing wrong with their children playing outside unsupervised
And sadly, this family has learnt what the rest of grow up fearing... There are disturbed sick individuals that will grab an opportunity to abduct a defensless child, if they are given the opportunity.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I have said this for 14 years (since the birth of my son), all males (and I am one of them) should be DNA tested and we all grow up knowing our DNA profile is on file. When a terrible crime (mainly against women) is committed a DNA sample is obtained from the woman and the name and last known location of the person committing the crime will be known.

I know people say it's an invasion of their privacy etc, but I strongly suspect they have never experienced a crime against their kids, like abduction and God only knows what the poor kid is going through. If the perpetrator understands his DNA is on file..... there is a better chance he'll release the child unharmed knowing any serious crime he commits will be detected and prosecution will follow.

I have no intention of committing a serious crime against a woman, therefore I have nothing to worry regarding my DNA being on file with the police.

Coincidentally I was just listening to a story about Genome Sequening and how it's starting to become prevelent in the US, with the cost predicted coming down to less than 1K in about 5 years... means everyone will proably have the option of getting it done.

With this technology comes the ability to create false DNA.... IE: Take a sample of something you've held or eaten off and plant your DNA at a crime scene.

Having said that. I reckon it's a must, getting ones DNA taken.

I just wish humanity wasn't capable of act like abduction.... Seems like it should belong in the prehistoric past.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have no intention to commit a crime either, but I sure as hell don't want my DNA stored just in case. Once they have it it's quite easy for you to be framed, it's not as if it never happens is it?

Tragic case, as a father of two I can't imagine what they're going through, but at the end of the day 5 year olds are far more likely to get killed by a car than a person and we don't insist on them having a forward facing camera or something.

The sad thing is they'll know it was avoidable, just like the McCanns
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 1:57 pm
Fronting the Parole Board

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't necessarily stop them though - look at the number who re-offend, even though they know full well that the police already have their prints, DNA, address etc on file.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light

You are disgusting. People like you are what is wrong with this world. Go trumpet your perverted fascist beliefs to the Nazi Party where you belong.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

The government (any government) should not have the DNA of innocent people on file. You might trust this government, and the next one but you don't know into whose hands that info might fall down the track. I realise that sounds paranoid but I feel really strongly about this. There is a case in the UK right now where a guy served 5 months on remand for a rape he didn't commit on the basis of flawed DNA evidence. That there can be those kind of errors when there is only a limited amount of DNA being stored/tested is worrying.

I feel so sorry for the parents of this poor girl, I hope she is found safe although I fear that the outcome is likely to be a sad one.

Last edited by Almo; Oct 2nd 2012 at 2:05 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy View Post
You are disgusting. People like you are what is wrong with this world. Go trumpet your perverted fascist beliefs to the Nazi Party where you belong.
It's coming simply because it exists, combined with the fact that humanity doesn't seem to be able to stop itself from doing real evil. Stop the evil and DNA testing wouldnt be necessary.... your barking at the wrong bloke.

No need for the personal attack either.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 2:24 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's very sad and I honestly sadly can't see a positive outcome. I'm another one who wouldn't have had her five year olds outside at 7/7.30 in October but then I didn't live in a very small close knit village so can't judge the parents at all.

I hope I'm proved wrong.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle View Post
It's coming simply because it exists, combined with the fact that humanity doesn't seem to be able to stop itself from doing real evil. Stop the evil and DNA testing wouldnt be necessary.... your barking at the wrong bloke.

No need for the personal attack either.
I got personal because anyone who advocates this is an enemy of freedom. As far as I am concerned such vermin are not worthy of any respect.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 2:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy View Post
I got personal because anyone who advocates this is an enemy of freedom. As far as I am concerned such vermin are not worthy of any respect.
The person who has kidnapped the child is vermin. The poster who has a personal opinion which is different to yours is not.

Maybe you've forgotten the rules of BE, especially Rule 1 - Personal Attacks
BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.

Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.