Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

2nd Indian found dead

2nd Indian found dead

Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:52 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: 2nd Indian found dead

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
That's the kind of shit that winds me up. Why even mention 'Indian migrant'?????
I wonder if the Indian newspapers would be so fast to print stories about the Indians that commit murder etc in Australia ?

Given the fact that 5% of Melbourne's population is Indian, it could be expected that 5% of all murders in Melbourne could be Indian, without it being called racist before any actual evidence is available.

However, if the Indian newspapers want to call all events to Indians as racist, then they must surely also accept it both ways.

And just for the record I am not racist towards Indians, as I have always had Indians amongst my closer friends But there are some Indians that I do not like, but it isn't because of the race.

Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:53 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

The writers and editors are very aware of the kind of reactions that these finer points will provoke amongst the masses.

So are the courts, who will not permit certain names to be published in newspapers, but will permit other names.

It is only reasonable for a newspaper to provide a little bit of "background history" or context when they name a person. But why do they only provide these kind of details for some people, yet they miss them out entirely for others? If the accused had been "mary, 23, originally from the UK and training to be a nurse" - would we have found out? Of course not, because the media in this country is by and large, terrible.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:54 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
In your opinion and granted in the opinion of lots of others. However for many people around the world who's current life and country have serious problems, Australia is a Mecca.
When did that happen !!

Should I start a "How long before Australia turns Muslim" thread?
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
When did that happen !!

Should I start a "How long before Australia turns Muslim" thread?
Leave it a few months. Wait until you're reallllllly bored
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I wonder if the Indian newspapers would be so fast to print stories about the Indians that commit murder etc in Australia ?

Given the fact that 5% of Melbourne's population is Indian, it could be expected that 5% of all murders in Melbourne could be Indian, without it being called racist before any actual evidence is available.

However, if the Indian newspapers want to call all events to Indians as racist, then they must surely also accept it both ways.

And just for the record I am not racist towards Indians, as I have always had Indians amongst my closer friends But there are some Indians that I do not like, but it isn't because of the race.
This post is so laughable I very nearly didn't bother replying.

The fact that the guy who caused the crash is an Indian migrant has absolutely nothing to do with the story. As has been said, if it was an English migrant or anyone else for that matter it wouldn't have been mentioned.

Oh, I'm pretty damn sure that if 5% of murders in Melbourne were commited by Indians the press would make everyone aware of it.

Absolutely shocking journalism.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

H2fusion is an unknown quantity at this point

Shall I leave my beloved USA for Australia? Hope Australia will not turn into Muslim country. I am afraid the big percentage of minorities in Australia are East Asians. I hope not or else I will just stay here in the US. LOL.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aussietobe
I doubt you are an Aussie, and it won't take you long to work Australia is heaven compared to most places. If you think murders don't happen anywhere else you are DELUSIONAL.
I'm an Aussie and lived there for a long time. As far as developed countries go it most certainly is NOT a "haven" as you put it!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by H2fusion
Shall I leave my beloved USA for Australia? Hope Australia will not turn into Muslim country. I am afraid the big percentage of minorities in Australia are East Asians. I hope not or else I will just stay here in the US. LOL.
Good grief. A migrant complaining about migrants.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by H2fusion
Sounds like the USA is better off without you!! Why is it that Australia attracts people like this?
Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

H2fusion is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess so. I just want to live far away from the USA, at least for a year, for a change. We'll see.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Hmm.. thread on Indians..

I'm sure it will live a long life and ultimately Mods will close it after warning
Old Jan 7th 2010, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Anyway ABCDiamond I have a challenge for you. I was wondering if you know where to find these stats

1447 crimes were committed against Indians in past 1 year. Where to know how many convictions were made for those crimes?

It would also be interesting to know the convictions per 100 crimes against Indians Vs convictions per 100 crimes against Natvies.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 3:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Hmm.. thread on Indians..

I'm sure it will live a long life and ultimately Mods will close it after warning
Only if it becomes the usual bitchfest with the name calling and insults
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:34 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Anyway ABCDiamond I have a challenge for you. I was wondering if you know where to find these stats

1447 crimes were committed against Indians in past 1 year. Where to know how many convictions were made for those crimes?

It would also be interesting to know the convictions per 100 crimes against Indians Vs convictions per 100 crimes against Natvies

Assuming you mean Natives.. 72%

Now prove me wrong.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/soc...0106-lu8x.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.