Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

2nd Indian found dead

2nd Indian found dead

Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2nd Indian found dead

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

Assuming you mean Natives.. 72%

Now prove me wrong.
1447 was from May 2008 to May 2009. 1254 may be from entire 2009. I agree there.

72% conviction rate for Native victims that's damn good. And what about the other half, Indian victims.

Please provide source also.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:56 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
1447 was from May 2008 to May 2009. 1254 may be from entire 2009. I agree there.

72% conviction rate for Native victims that's damn good. And what about the other half, Indian victims.

Please provide source also.
Source... I made it all up... a bit like much of the press reports.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Media is doing wonderful job by bringing reality into front. At least now people know that a problem exists, hopefully actions will be taken to fix it

We always blame media of sensationalism, greed, apathy, etc.. but it has a positive side also. Kudos to Australian media

May all those hoodlams who live on snatched money and take pleasure in showing their manhood by bashing innocents get locked up for life. Hope they are no more released after warnings just to commit another crime.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Source... I made it all up... a bit like much of the press reports.
No mate. I talk real stats by the records of Vic Police.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:39 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Media is doing wonderful job by bringing reality into front. At least now people know that a problem exists, hopefully actions will be taken to fix it

We always blame media of sensationalism, greed, apathy, etc.. but it has a positive side also. Kudos to Australian media

May all those hoodlams who live on snatched money and take pleasure in showing their manhood by bashing innocents get locked up for life. Hope they are no more released after warnings just to commit another crime.
I'd read this then
http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/soc...0106-lu8y.html
Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
The writers and editors are very aware of the kind of reactions that these finer points will provoke amongst the masses.

So are the courts, who will not permit certain names to be published in newspapers, but will permit other names.

It is only reasonable for a newspaper to provide a little bit of "background history" or context when they name a person. But why do they only provide these kind of details for some people, yet they miss them out entirely for others? If the accused had been "mary, 23, originally from the UK and training to be a nurse" - would we have found out? Of course not, because the media in this country is by and large, terrible.
I can see the point you are making but am not sure I agree with you on this one. I have seen stories mentioning the person is a British temp resident or backpacker before - when the temporary nature of their visa is relevant to the granting of parole or not. The police in this case have raised the issue of him not being a PR and have opposed bail in case he flee's, but the judge has refused - his migrant status seems vital background to reporting the parole hearing otherwise it would not make sense.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
But what about the better news sites: http://www.abc.net.au and http://www.sbs.com.au
Diamond me old mate, if "Weebie" tells us that there are only two news "websites" in Australia, then he must be correct, after all he's "An Aussie "

Last edited by Hino; Jan 7th 2010 at 6:46 am. Reason: Because I could
Old Jan 7th 2010, 6:57 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sick of hearing Melbourne beat its own drum - capital of sport, the arts, food, culture, jobs, city of soul. I don't want a committee set up to tell the world how great we are. Spend the money finding out why we're killing each other instead, and take real, tangible measures to stop it.

First question for the Killing Commission: Is the rate of immigration causing social problems?
Old Jan 7th 2010, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WillBlack
First question for the Killing Commission: Is the rate of immigration causing social problems?
No. I think its business competitiveness which favours active and smart workers. Active ones take the jobs, lazy ones remain jobless. So some of such 'lazy ones' have two 2 options
1. Eliminate the active ones (Migrants or otherwise)
2. Snatching money is easier than earning it esp when they know they can get away with it

Joblessness (increase in lazy ones) due to recession has compounded the above explained problem.

Again there's no generalization here. I talking of only those jobless who live on drugs and loot and don't want to work.

Last edited by mpgrewal; Jan 7th 2010 at 7:35 am. Reason: clarification
Old Jan 7th 2010, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
The writers and editors are very aware of the kind of reactions that these finer points will provoke amongst the masses.

So are the courts, who will not permit certain names to be published in newspapers, but will permit other names.

It is only reasonable for a newspaper to provide a little bit of "background history" or context when they name a person. But why do they only provide these kind of details for some people, yet they miss them out entirely for others? If the accused had been "mary, 23, originally from the UK and training to be a nurse" - would we have found out? Of course not, because the media in this country is by and large, terrible.
Our local rag reported that a teacher from our kids' primary school had been arrested for serious paedophile offences before any of us parents knew about it. They revealed the id of both him and the school. Apparently there had been some sort of agreement not to release the story until we had been informed but they went back on it. My friend whose son practically lived around this teacher's house was in complete shock as she had known him for 10 years and just read about it in the paper. Absolute disgrace.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 7:32 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

No. I think its business competitiveness which favours active and smart workers. Active ones take the jobs, lazy ones remain jobless. So lazy ones have two 2 options
2. Snatching money is easier than earning it esp when no ones is watching

Joblessness (increase in lazy ones) due to recession has compounded the above explained problem.
You're not serious, are you? Are you saying it's only lazy and unemployed who kill?
Old Jan 7th 2010, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You're not serious, are you? Are you saying it's only lazy and unemployed who kill?
Not at all. I clarified by editing the post. Generalizations are taken so fast here, that's why I always keep this signature.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:02 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

No. I think its business competitiveness which favours active and smart workers. Active ones take the jobs, lazy ones remain jobless. So lazy ones have two 2 options
2. Snatching money is easier than earning it esp when they know they can get away with it

Again there's no generalization here. I talking of only those jobless who live on drugs and loot and don't want to work.
In my opinion Australian cities are becoming nastier places, some I only visit if it is unavoidable. To my eye the cause of the nastiness is population pressure, about half of which is due to immigration.

Bear in mind that the only limit on the Commonwealth government's immigration quotas is the ballot box and that local government is left to provide infrastructure.

You (and I) may be able to elbow others from the prime positions at the feeding trough but what about those thereby displaced? Are they to become Australian Dalit?
Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Blaming immigration for the murders/assaults that take place in the modern Australian city is blinkered, naive and ludicrous.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:45 am
Banned

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Blaming immigration for the murders/assaults that take place in the modern Australian city is blinkered, naive and ludicrous.
Your certainty is laugh-making. People are murderers / assualters. Some immigrants are people. Are you saying that no immigrant has ever been a murderer or an assaulter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.