Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

2nd Indian found dead

2nd Indian found dead

Old Feb 12th 2010, 8:51 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd Indian found dead

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You need to spend more time in Sydney airport then.

....and I'm going to ask you AGAIN. Where are you from?.

You bang on about how shit the UK is but I'm not sure you have ever been. The standard of your English and grammar is usually appalling, so much so, that, at times, I think English is your second language.
Probably tutored from copies of The Daily Mail
Old Feb 12th 2010, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

UncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud of

check this out for lousy journalism:

Why are the press allowed to trumpet the ethnic background of the victims in the headline while hiding the ethnic background of the assailant in the text? Definite attempt at rabble rousing.

Murder victims were Indian students

Police believe the men had an argument over money. (ABC: Jonathan Beal, file photo)

A 22-year-old man is due to appear in court on Saturday charged with murdering two brothers in the Perth suburb of Morley.

It is believed the men, all Indian students in their 20s, had an argument over money.

Police say one of the brothers was found dead on Crimea Street about 4:00am Friday.

The other man, who knocked on the door of a St John Ambulance depot pleading for help, later died in hospital.

The 22-year-old man will appear in the East Perth Magistrate's Court charged with two counts of murder.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...12/2818405.htm
Old Feb 12th 2010, 11:28 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UncleKev
check this out for lousy journalism:

Why are the press allowed to trumpet the ethnic background of the victims in the headline while hiding the ethnic background of the assailant in the text? Definite attempt at rabble rousing.

Murder victims were Indian students

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...12/2818405.htm
"It is believed the men, all Indian students in their 20s, had an argument over money."

I think the keyword is "all". To me it's saying all the people involved were Indian (victims and attacker). If they had only been referring to the victims they would have used the word "both" and they have probably used victims instead of men. I.E. "It is believed that both victims were Indian students in their 20s".