Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jan 18th 2006, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

JohnandCarol will become famous soon enough
Question Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi All,

We are going over on Monday 23rd and staying in the Atlantico until Saturday.
We would be pleased to meet up for a beer and exchange information if any one is out at the same time.

regards

JohnandCarol
Old Jan 18th 2006, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by JohnandCarol
Hi All,

We are going over on Monday 23rd and staying in the Atlantico until Saturday.
We would be pleased to meet up for a beer and exchange information if any one is out at the same time.

regards

JohnandCarol
Anyone tried these out http://www.economy-car-hire-portugal.co.uk/ I had a look at their website and what impressed me was that the cost appeared to be all in. One expense that really has gone up in Portugal is the daily insurance excess thingy which we always like to take out to avoid an excess (sorry, not wording that very well), so just wondered if anyone had any experience with them.

Tricia
Old Jan 18th 2006, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

bernie and jan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tricia
Anyone tried these out http://www.economy-car-hire-portugal.co.uk/ I had a look at their website and what impressed me was that the cost appeared to be all in. One expense that really has gone up in Portugal is the daily insurance excess thingy which we always like to take out to avoid an excess (sorry, not wording that very well), so just wondered if anyone had any experience with them.

Tricia

Hi Tricia

Just tried the web site of the car company, so we asked for a quote on for the same dates we have book our car for, 16th to 27th May for a Ford Focus, we are paying 170 Euros from Travel Rent, including damage waiver, the quote we got from economy car hire was 315 euro, the other good thing with Travel rent is that your car is in the airport carpark (you do not have to get in a mini bus to get to the car), and the tank is full all you need to do is to return it full so if your going for a few days it saves you money.

Unfortunately they do not have a web site, the link I sent yesterday is just an E mail address (I just found out!!), so if you want to compare quotes send them an e mail (they are not the quickest in replying it took them 2 days to reply to our enquiry) or give them a ring their phone number is (00351 289 825 673) they speak good English.

Good Luck
Old Jan 18th 2006, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Carol will become famous soon enough

Tricia
We have found that Hertz are very good ....all in and no charge for going into Spain. Also on returning no looking for scatches or dents unless they are major ones, unlike some others look with a magnifying glass!

Mikr and Carol
Old Jan 18th 2006, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

I know some of the companies they use charge 30E to take the car into Spain and drink driving invalidates the insurance.

Best
Loco

Tricia
Old Jan 18th 2006, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Graham & Sandra,

Are you going over for completion or have you given a PA to your Abogado?

We are out from 30th Jan to 9th Feb and will be around Ayamonte on the 31st and 1st.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by Graham G
Hi Mike & Carol

We complete Jan 31st or Feb 1st. Will post pictures at the weekend. Any Rago Block 10 buyers need copy send me a PE.

Have not left yet but desperate to return soon..............Graham & Sandra
Old Jan 18th 2006, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tricia,

I always worry about the excess particularly since they have blocked of on your credit card 1, 2, 3000 euro just in case and you have to argue to get your money returned. What we do now is separatly insure the excess on an annual policy that cost £50 and is used for all our trips in the year.

One of the conditions is that you must not take any excess policy with the Hirer so we save the annual cost on just one 5 or 6 day trip

Regards,

John.

see www.insurance4carhire.com

One expense that really has gone up in Portugal is the daily insurance excess thingy which we always like to take out to avoid an excess (sorry, not wording that very well), so just wondered if anyone had any experience with them.

Tricia
Old Jan 18th 2006, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

teflon will become famous soon enoughteflon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Tricia,

I always worry about the excess particularly since they have blocked of on your credit card 1, 2, 3000 euro just in case and you have to argue to get your money returned. What we do now is separatly insure the excess on an annual policy that cost £50 and is used for all our trips in the year.

One of the conditions is that you must not take any excess policy with the Hirer so we save the annual cost on just one 5 or 6 day trip

Regards,

John.

Hi All,
I've always found this site very competitive with no extra charge for driving in Spain http://www.carhire-online.co.uk/ and car pick-up across the road from arrivals at Faro airport.Used them a number of times with no problems at all.
Regards to you all, Teflon.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Tricia,

Regards,

John.

Hi John

I have just found out about this insurance, what a good idea, will get Del to look into it tonight. I figure over about 40 days we must have paid over £200 for this.

Thanks
Tricia
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

All This talk about car hire!
we were cought out several times with excess and chargrs for going into Spain. also those 'Minni Bus' drop off's with golf clubs! I found Economy Car Hire who offer all inclusive, no hidden extras! and they are great, but they always put us onto Travelrent! and we have gone direct with them since they keep our details and the paperwork at Faro is now minimal, However our daughter needs a car in Seville for Half Term, Economy Car Hire can offer a better price than 'Crown' who are their provider in Seville! 'DONT TRUST HERTZ' they have lots of hidden extra charges and have one of those crap drop offs and if you have an early flight may not be open! we know!
Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Dean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by olivia
However our daughter needs a car in Seville for Half Term, Economy Car Hire can offer a better price than 'Crown' who are their provider in Seville! 'DONT TRUST HERTZ' they have lots of hidden extra charges and have one of those crap drop offs and if you have an early flight may not be open! we know!
Olivia

try www.doyouspain.com they are very good and in our experience i think you will find more competitive than most others in economy car hire

Dean
Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:56 pm
Rock on

Angie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by olivia
All This talk about car hire!
we were cought out several times with excess and charges for going into Spain. 'DONT TRUST HERTZ' they have lots of hidden extra charges and have one of those crap drop offs and if you have an early flight may not be open! we know!
Likewise Avis. Took an Avis offer including CDW, only to be told on arrival at Faro that the excess was £900 - or pay another £75 for the week to get rid of the excess. Which is what I naively thought a major international hire company would mean by CDW in the first place.

Hey ho.

By the way, what's all this about 12" cracks at Canela. :scared: Is the place falling to bits? Does this affect CE? I assume the casual way people are talking about the issue means no.

Best to all, Jules.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dean
Olivia

try www.doyouspain.com they are very good and in our experience i think you will find more competitive than most others in economy car hire

Dean
have done this but Economy Car Hire are still cheeper
Old Jan 19th 2006, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dean
Olivia

Dean

I too can endource this one.............Graham
Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Dave and Trish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hola All,
Re: car hire, We've been using a company called 'Zit Auto's' (don't be put off by the name) for several years when flying into Faro.
Very reliable, a representative meets you in arrivals & directs you to the car, usually in the car park opposite arrivals.
Competetive rates, no extra charge for driving anywhere in Spain, 20 euro's to waiver any excess, they've never checked the car on return for fuel levels or condition. (www.zitauto.co.uk)
PS has anyone in Rago 2, blocks 11 & above got completion date yet???
regards
Dave & Trish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.