Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Verdict on BBC 2 Nz programme

Wikiposts

Verdict on BBC 2 Nz programme

Old May 13th 2003, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes alot of replies i am just sad that it some were not nice postings. I couldn`t believe some of the comments and i felt it was only right to apologise if i had something out of turn.

Best of luck to the `firing1` family and ignore all the comments Julie you are a great mum i have no doubt don`t take any notice of the comments only you know best and kids can be taxing at the best of times.

Take care

footie chick
Old May 13th 2003, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if the programme is repeated at all? I'm in NZ so obviously wont be able to watch it, but my parents are interested in NZ & knowing them they've probably missed it...

Paul & Julie - all the best for Tauranga, hope everything works out for you. I know how stressful the whole move to NZ thing is however I didn't have the added challenges of young kids or a TV crew in my face all the time, so I take my hat off to you.

Russ

Last edited by BritboyNZ; May 13th 2003 at 10:30 pm.
Old May 13th 2003, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Anniexx is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul,Julie,Zoe & Sam..To start with i want to wish you all the luck in your new lives out there.You are all very brave in what you have done as there has obviously been somuch upheaval for you.
I watched with interest as we are thinking of emigrating to NZ within the next couple of years.Tauranga looks a nice area and one we haven't thought of before.I cried most of the way through the programme i must admit,seeing you say your goodbyes,especially Zoe and her school mates.Just to think what it would be like for our daughters to do that makes me cry..oo-er.
The programme however has made me feel alot more positive about applying as we have been having doubts(some might know)Yes we'd be leaving alot behind but look at what we'd be going to.It was a great insight and we really enjoyed the info given too.
Ignore the abusive comments on here,you always get them wherever you go.You had a hell of alot to cope with when you first arrived and i would like to see them do the same.
Well good luck in everything,hope school is going good Zoe

Love Anniexx Have one for me
Old May 13th 2003, 11:43 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Igonore the posters who critise, its not thier place to, and there's no way they could glean an informed view anyway from a one hour program, edited from 6 months.

If anything in my opinion your family looked to be very close and supportive of each other (but then, what would i know, ive never met u !)

Good luck down under guys, and don't enjoy the sunshine too much
Old May 13th 2003, 11:54 pm
Christchurch Bound

stephen john is an unknown quantity at this point

Just want to wish you all the best for your new life in NZ.
Old May 13th 2003, 11:58 pm
Badge

Originally posted by sundarize
For a Pom, the difference is quite subtle, but it seems to me the NZ accent has more that a bit of South African twang to it.

Yis, theuy seem ti tok wid a beet of a Joburg ting!!!!

subtle?! - i can pick a Kiwi from an Aussie in seconds....

there's a Kiwi girl that comes on Aus TV (Austar?! the mid coast NSW franchise) late night doing the 'markets' report and everyone in our family falls over pissing themselves laughing at her..

she is really, new, and *very* nervous and her accent is really pronounced....

aussies have a "twang" - Kiwis have a "clip"

lol

badgers

Old May 14th 2003, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

i was once told by a kiwi that the quickest way to tell an 'nz' from an 'au' is to ask them to say 'chips'

cheers

richard
Old May 14th 2003, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by firing1
hi i am zoe from the tv program.
i love nz and made lots of new friends.i dont like people talking about my mum she is a great mum and does not clean all day. i am glad i moved to nz it is much better than england and can do more stuff here like go to the beach.

Hi Zoe,

Nice to hear from you. My wife and I were nearly in tears when you were crying on your way out of school. We have three children, Ryan aged 6, Ethan 3 and Caitlin 2.
Ryan loves going to school and has lots of friends, his happiness will be one of our biggest worries when we go to North Brisbane.

Best of luck to you all in New Zealand.

Phil & family.
Old May 14th 2003, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Scarlett G is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by firing1
thanks all,

the business is doing really well and the master franchisee in auckland has had a load of e mails from the uk asking about buying a franchise.

Paul,
Where did you find out about the different franchises available to buy, was it a local site or is there something more central. Been meaning to ask for ages!!

Scarlett
Old May 14th 2003, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Scarlett, www.franchise.co.nz/opportunity_search.php has virtually all franchises operating in NZ. Good place to start looking.

Gra....
Old May 14th 2003, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i am zoe from the tv program.
i love nz and made lots of new friends.i dont like people talking about my mum she is a great mum and does not clean all day. i am glad i moved to nz it is much better than england and can do more stuff here like go to the beach.
Zoe, apart from a couple of ignorant people, most will have seen your Mum for what she is, a great Mum.
Old May 14th 2003, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default All the Best

Hi firing1

Just wanted to add that we loved the programme and wish you all the best.

I stayed in Tauranga whilst travelling around NZ (with lots of young people!) and think you've made a great choice. It makes me laugh how anyone can comment when some of them have never been to either NZ or OZ.

My husband and I met in Oz so that is where we are heading with our two year old son and can fully appreciate everything you have been through, unfortunately you always get some nasty people around, leave you with this thought, they will never make it!

Best Wishes

Teresa
Old May 14th 2003, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by karawara88
Zoe, apart from a couple of ignorant people, most will have seen your Mum for what she is, a great Mum.
Yes, & you're a credit to her!
Hope these good wishes have set the record straight, you should all be very proud!
Old May 14th 2003, 4:29 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Julie..I am in Sydney and never saw the program but have read this thread with interest, I thought about sending you a private message but thought again..so for what it is worth......my 'normal' mum story

My son (12) went regulary to the skate park when 10 days after we arrived here...I was at work Hubby at bank (round corner) ...son fell. Less than 30 mins hubby came back, son who we later heard had been lying crying, told us he had twisted his arm! Hubby rang me....I asked had he been wearing the wrist guards we bought, answer no - so being the fantastic mum I am thinking it was twisted wrist said ok take him home and see how it is later, next time he might think about wearing them! Later proved to be next morning when wrist was swollen and son in pain....visit to hospital (at this time I was panicking about medical costs (10 days in and we were so green)) ...had to take him to casualty to find out he had broken his wrist. Ok at this point I am back in work get the call from hubby, I went to the loo and cried. I still feel it now, I let my son have a broken wrist for over 12 hours because ......... I am a mum and love them and I was trying my best as I saw it at the time .........

I did not see your program Julie...but thank goodness the cameras where not on me as I was calling my son a prat for not wearing the wrist guards ...and he had a broken wrist.

I hope everything works well for you and with the fans you have on this site I know you will.

Thanks
Old May 14th 2003, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

Julie and family, I have to say a big thank you for doing the programme. I really enjoyed watching it and it left me feeling very positive.

We have two pre-school children and if we can manage to get ourselves sorted half as well as you did I will be happy.

Hope everything continues to go well and who knows there may be a follow up programme one day????????

All the best.
Pott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.